Is this normal?!

M

MummyNash

Well we had our scan at 13w4d and im dead worried my baby is a penguin?!
I feel the nose looks huge! Maybe im just being silly, im over the moon that baby is healthy but just want to know if anyone thinks my babys nose is giant?!?!

Attachments

• 13w4d.jpg
    13w4d.jpg
    18.3 KB · Views: 63
  • 13w4d...jpg
    13w4d...jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 57
Oh bless you! No! I think that nose is so cute! button nose for sure xx
your baby is not a penguin!

Your baby is just perfect !! Nose is not big but cute lithe button :)

Yous sure?? Im being dead para about it hee, i feel so much better that you 2 have said that now though!!=) thank you thank you thank you!!!!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

You're absolutely fine, honey. Your baby's features are not even that defined at this stage, let alone visible on a 2D ultrasound.

I'm sure your baby is absolutely beautiful. :winkwink:

There's only one way to find out...that's to wait until you get to meet your baby for the first time and completely melt because of how beautiful your lil one is in your arms. I'm sure your baby will come out absolutely perfect!!!

My first ultrasound at 19w showed my baby with a rather peculiar nose as well, lol. Very pointy and odd looking I was like what the hell? but I had a follow up ultrasound last week at 21w and he has an adorable nose, nothing like the first set of pictures. I think it just has to do with the clarity and a little bit of blurring as they move just as the tech takes the pictures :) so no, I highly doubt your little one has a birdy nose!

Mine at 11wks had a very uncomfortably large looking nose :dohh: My 20wk 3D scan showed a very cute little button nose though! I think with the scans, if baby moves a bit when the image is being frozen, it can cause some distortion.. so I wouldn't worry, I'm sure baby has a very cute little nose :hugs: x

Positive!! Baby is perfect!.....

..but wouldn't it be AWESOME to have a penguin baby? :haha::haha:

but no, your baby does not look like a penguin! :thumbup:

maybe its a shadow lol. When my son was born i cried and said his nose is huge he looks like a boxer. the nurse said no honey he is swollen from the birth i said no look at his daddy lol

Ha ha! I had the same comment at my 12 week scan as my hubby and I have very prominent noses and my baby's nose looked pointy, like a carrot nose for a snowman! I figured our nose genes had combined and created a super large conker for the bubba. The ultrasound tech reminded me that they have no defined features yet, and that I should be happy that the baby is healthy. Yup, I did feel a bit sheepish after that.

Aww very cute, we just had our 21 week scan and it looks like he got a huge nose...lol. but just happy he all happy and healthy.

xx

haha don't worry darl!! I thought that too, I just didn't want to say anything cos I felt mean on my baby, but nope it's totally normal.. might just be cos its face is only just developing :) but I have a button nose so could be that too xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->