is this OPK positive or neg?

hopedance

Sam's mum and pregnant
Reaction score
hi everyone, i'd really appreciate your opinions! this is the first month i have ever got a positive OPK, and i have some in between ones too, so i'm all confused now!!

in both pics the control line is on the left, and the test line on the right. the test i'm wondering about is the one photographed on its own - on its own it looks positive to me, but then when i line it up with the rest (it's the one at the very bottom) it looks negative. but it is the first of a different brand i have used which makes it more complicated!!! what do you all think? the one i got yesterday was a definite positive. i thought that the one the day before that was positive, but in retrospect i think it was negative (but almost positive).

taking all these into account, when should i be BDing? we have been doing it every night but are getting tired!!!! so when is it safe to have a night off?

Attachments

• 2009-01-14-51914.jpg
    2009-01-14-51914.jpg
    19.3 KB · Views: 41
  • 2009-01-14-51874.jpg
    2009-01-14-51874.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 52
Looks positive to me hun, I would go for one more night and then you can take a rest!

Okay it looks like it's a negative to me, although one side of it is slightly darker so it's very near, but the second image (on the right) the second from the bottom is definitely a positive. So really you need to bed right now!!! If that was yesterday you are already 36 hours into your surge (if it was morning) and they say you ovulate 12-36 hours after the surge is detected. So get beding now before you miss it. Good luck. By the way I got my positive bding the day of the surge and the day before if that helps, you rarely get a :bfp: bding on the day of ovulation or the day after.

thanks so much for the tip pippin. :D as soon as i got that super dark one, we went straight to bed. it was at 11pm last night, so we BD'd then, and are about to again 24 hours into the surge, and so i guess we will tomorrow too.. then we might crash for a night, LOL. FX'd!!!

By the way I got my positive bding the day of the surge and the day before if that helps, you rarely get a :bfp: bding on the day of ovulation or the day after.

That's really interesting Pippin, I always wanted to ask the question when is the best time to :sex: before, during or after you get a positive surge.

So the tip is the bed before and during LH surge?

By the way I got my positive bding the day of the surge and the day before if that helps, you rarely get a :bfp: bding on the day of ovulation or the day after.

That's really interesting Pippin, I always wanted to ask the question when is the best time to :sex: before, during or after you get a positive surge.

So the tip is the bed before and during LH surge?

Remember that you're likely to ovulate 12-48 hours after your LH surge (I usually ovulate the day after a positive test) so just because your opks are no longer positive doesn't mean you have ovulated. I temp as well, and BD until my temperature increases (so I know that the LH surge resulted in ovulation) - so every day up to and including the day of ovulation x

Thanks for that Sam's Mum. I think I'll temp next cycle if no luck with this one. I need to get the grips of all this!! I think best to :sex: before during and after LH surge, at least a couple of days after LH surge anyway, to be sure.

Thanks

Lots of :dust: it works and glad I can be of help, I'll be looking for your :bfp: announcement in 2 weeks time!!!!Hehehehe It was actually the only time we :sex: that month due to a stressful end of term. The day of the surge and the day before that is (we did try the day after but we ran out of steam before we could finish) so our timing was obviously perfect thanks to OPKs and it didn't seem to make a difference that DH hadn't.... uh hum 'performed' in the lead up to it, in all honest I think a little abstinence helped make the lil ones stronger and more of them :blush: but who knows (I'm sure he'd love it if he knew I was talking about his sperm like this)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->