Is this positive!??

HUGS Karissa...I'm so sorry. Not sure what your hubby said to hurt your feelings. But everyone handles things dif. We are here with nothing but understanding though. Lean on us hun. HUGS

He basically said it wasn’t a baby and that I need to just get over it. I’m questioning if he is even the right person to have a baby with now. I’m just so hurt and confused .. thank you guys for being so supportive I need it

I’m sorry, miscarriages are so difficult to go through let alone not having support from your OH. I had a miscarriage a few years back, it was a blighted ovum so technically there was “no fetus” but it was still a pregnancy and my doctor that is a male said to me “a loss is a loss no matter how you look at it.” So maybe you could tell him that and also show him statistics of a pregnancy right from conception. I’m sorry again and we are here for support!

I'm so sorry to hear about your situation hun. I struggled when I had my chemical, partly out of my own grievance but also out of confusion and anger that my OH wasn't feeling the pain I felt. I think most women agree that once we see the two lines (even shadows of lines and evap lines!), in our hearts it's a baby. Our mothering and nurturing instincts kick in because we are then responsible for the blessing within us. I had to then realize that my other half didn't feel the same connection because he isn't the baby's first home. Many of his responsibilities don't kick in until birth and so what he was feeling was more sadness for my grief. I am so sorry for your loss and I think you need to give yourself permission to grieve as necessary. Lean on us and other loved ones. :hugs:

Im so sorry alot of times men just don't have that same connection especially if they have no children at all they dont see the pregnancy as a baby until after birth then normally it just kicks in... I 2nd previous poster, you're normally super fertile after a chemical/miscarriage I was before my son I had a positive pregnancy test 21 days after my chemical and it was a wonderful healthy pregnancy.

I think most men struggle to make pregnancies ‘real’ to them until much later on. Mine is the same - if I get a BFP he’s always saying ‘let’s just see how things go’ instead of being excited.

However, it’s not kind of your DH to ignore your feelings. Women are different, babies live inside of us. We are connected to our children in a way a man could never be. Maybe you could try sitting him down and explaining to him how you feel? Once he understands how much of a connection you had with this baby, he might be more understanding and supportive of you.

Hugs

I’ve tried to talk to him and he apologized but still just seems so heartless towards me. Told me stop dwelling on it and move on. I can’t help to think what this baby would of been whether I was 4 weeks or not. I instantly loved it, as a mother should. I mean he got so mad he walked out of the room sayin he needed to be alone because I made him mad. Yesterday he was so loving and companionate..
also my doctor today said i May have RH negative blood so wants to test my blood and give me a shot for it if it is RH negative ?? Anyone ever heard of this? He said it could help prevent future miscarriages

Your dh sounds a bit selfish, personally I wouldn't let that go. We all grieve in different ways and he sounds like he isn't very compassionate to your feelings. I can only imagine how you must be feeling...

Regarding the Rh, I'm A neg, so I was also told all about the antibodies thing. My husband is also A negative so it isn't necessary but basically your body can fight cells of a positive blood type if you're negative.

Your dh sounds a bit selfish, personally I wouldn't let that go. We all grieve in different ways and he sounds like he isn't very compassionate to your feelings. I can only imagine how you must be feeling...

Regarding the Rh, I'm A neg, so I was also told all about the antibodies thing. My husband is also A negative so it isn't necessary but basically your body can fight cells of a positive blood type if you're negative.
He is being very selfish and making me question everything..

And oh ok. I didn’t really understand it much. Thank you

Hi hun sorry about what your going through :( I'm RH negative and I've never heard of getting the injections on first baby or after a first mc, maybe they do it that way now but they didn't do it when I had my first too, after my first I had the Anti D after birth and with my second I had it in 3rd trimester, maybe times have changed now. Stay strong x

He basically said it wasn’t a baby and that I need to just get over it. I’m questioning if he is even the right person to have a baby with now. I’m just so hurt and confused .. thank you guys for being so supportive I need it

I had a miscarriage back in 2013 and my mum said something very similar....’oh well it’s not like it was actually a baby anyway’ or something along those lines, my other half was working away at the time so she was meant to be there for ‘support’ and I kicked her out my house I was absolutely heartbroken by her comments....
I’m so sorry for ur loss, thinking of u xxx

Yes I’m RH-, the fear is if your baby had positive blood then you may be sensitized to positive blood, and your body will build up a defence and ‘attack’ future positive blooded babies - contributing to future miscarriages/stillbirths. It sounds scary but you can ask them to check your sensitivity levels and see if your body has already reacted to your baby. It’s also possible your baby had negative blood so you wouldn’t need the injection.

It’s up to you, I didn’t have the shot with my son (who ended up being negative), but I know many people do have the injection and it works for them.

** You do have to have the shot within 72 hours of bleeding for it to be effective. So if it’s been more than 72 hours I don’t believe they can do it, but you can always ask your doc

I'm so sorry ure going through this.
With my first chemical I bled like a very heavy period with clots was painful and lasted about 6 days but I ended up getting pregnant again strait away after.
With my 2nd chemical I bled very heavy with clots and it was really painful. I got pregnant 3 months later.
I've also had a later MC at 10+ weeks its just heart wrenching.
My heart goes out to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
awin68top2
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"