is this really a BFP? or could it possibly be 'evap'?

Gem_H

Reaction score
Hi all,

I tested today, this morning with first urine of the day with a clear blue test - the non digital one
(1 day before period is due)

First of all, after testing it appeared to be negative

I then left it, came back, checked again (must've been gone for about 15 minutes or so)

Then saw this (see photo)

now the vertical line is very very thin ( much thinner than the horizontal line)

is this a positive result?

or do you think this could be a blip?

any one else experience this and could tell me:

What you did

and what the end result was

could really do with experienced eyes to look at this test now lol

(by the way...the image has been rotated for some reason, so the thinner line I am referring to is in fact the vertical line)

I am really hoping its a BFP!

Thanks again

xx

20200420_232725.jpg 20200420_232708.jpg

Last edited:
I’m really sorry but it looks like an evap. You can tell because it’s so thin. Blue dye tests are really bad for this, especially because after the initial time limit it was negative. I would try and get your hands on a pink dye test and try again. Hope it’s not an evap hun, fx for a bfp!!

I see it but I agree it looks like an evap. Keep testing and good luck :)

I would have took that as positive but I am no expert on blue dyes because I never use them. Can you try another test?

I’m really sorry but it looks like an evap. You can tell because it’s so thin. Blue dye tests are really bad for this, especially because after the initial time limit it was negative. I would try and get your hands on a pink dye test and try again. Hope it’s not an evap hun, fx for a bfp!!
Hi,

I thought evap too, only I did a bit of research and it says evap lines tend to be colourless, which confuses me even more! lol

I would have took that as positive but I am no expert on blue dyes because I never use them. Can you try another test?

I was going to take another test this morning, although hubby convinced me otherwise to wait a few days and possibly retest, period was supposed to be due today (but no show) so....

trying not to get excited, as the ladies have said it could be an evap line..I really don't know!!! (stressed, excited, mixed emotions, agghhhh)

It could very easily be taken for a positive but because it was left and it's a blue dye I'd just retest with a pink dye incase it's a evap. X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->