is this rude?

I think it is very good. I would be happy to keep the spot clear if I received a letter like this.

I think it's absolutely fine, not rude at all.

Do you know what neighbours own what car? Cause my worry was maybe it isn't your direct neighbours parking there, maybe it's further along or something?

Do you have a lamp post or anything outside your house and could put a shorter version on that in case someone completely random turns up? I know that'd be my luck!! I'd go to all that trouble and the neighbours will comply but some random arsehole that nobody knows turns up at exactly the wrong time and parks there!!

i printed loads off so that i can stick them on peoples window screens if they park outside rofl im going to be a night mare!

sounds fine, but you may find that there will be afew who will take no notice whatso ever.... in which case make sure they get blocked in!!

ill make sure if i do have to go to hosp and i have to be stretchered between cars that their cars get scratched will serve them right!

I accidently voted for 'yes it's rude' but I meant to vote for 'it sounds totally fine' :dohh: Yeah it sounds fine. I'd be fine about it if someone posted that through my door. x

Yeah you might have that problem of who's car is it? The letter sounds fine, quirky and to the point, there is no rudeness x good luck

It sounds fine to me.

Don't know if this is something you'd consider, but in my area, you can pay for the Police to put 'No parking' cones along the road - I don't know how much it costs, but you can have them for as long as you need.........then if cars ignore them, you can get the police to contact the owners & get them moved??

xxx

umm might be worth looking into will see how it goes when i post the letters through

Doesn't sound rude at all to me Molly. I think you've got just the right balance of politeness and humour in there.

If I got that letter, I'd think Aww, bless her!:hugs:

While the letter isn't rude as such, and you may feel its a fair request, other people might not be so understanding.

Unfortunately, there is no right to park outside your own home, and there is no legal reason for people to not park in this spot.

Hopefully, your neighbours will be accomodating, but they might not be. From thier point of view, there is no legal reason for them to comply, and they might not feel morally that there is a reason either.

Have you given the letter out yet?

If they get upset by that..then have issues! You were very polite and respectful in the letter...they should hopefully follow your requests!

If they get upset by that..then have issues! You were very polite and respectful in the letter...they should hopefully follow your requests!

If spaces are incredibly limited in the street, then people might find the request a bit too much for them. People tend to get quite worked up about parking spaces. I think that as it is a favour being asked, a bit more gratitude and apologies might help.

I have to agree with asacia. You have no right to scratch cars if they do park there nor wake them up to move them. Legally they don't have to.

But I do think the letter is fine and polite and defiitely worth a try :) Hopefully your neighbours will be understanding. Good luck with the birth.

hmmm, you might want to get prepared for birth as best as you can! but honestly, I do not think you need this letter at all!
as in case of an emergency the ambulance can park in the middle of the street with lights on and they get their transportable bed out.

if lack of parking would be a problem for an emergency ambulance how could they save people's life!

possibly your neighbour's might think more in this way, no???

I think it strongly depends on how much parking space is around in your street! e.g. here in central London, it could be after a long day at work, rain pouring down from the sky the only parking space you can gather near your house!

Have you had any replys yet? what were the resctions? Hope they were nice about it!

hmmm, you might want to get prepared for birth as best as you can! but honestly, I do not think you need this letter at all!
as in case of an emergency the ambulance can park in the middle of the street with lights on and they get their transportable bed out.

if lack of parking would be a problem for an emergency ambulance how could they save people's life!

possibly your neighbour's might think more in this way, no???

I think it strongly depends on how much parking space is around in your street! e.g. here in central London, it could be after a long day at work, rain pouring down from the sky the only parking space you can gather near your house!

well i was advised by the midwifes to write a letter the cars are parked so close together they wouldnt get a stretcher through and id bee wheeled to the end of the street in order to be transfered :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->