is this rude?

ahhh, did not know, sorry

all the best

Have you had any replys yet? what were the resctions? Hope they were nice about it!

all is good so far, no parked cars outside and no grumpy peoples!

Thats good then, your neighbours obviously didn't find it rude!!! I'm glad they seem to have understood, now all you have to do is wait for your princess to arrive!!!!!!!!

I would make a sign to put out front saying Ambulance and Midwife Parking Only. All Other's Will Be Towed At Owners Risk *LOL*

But I would defently say that the letter is fine :)

Sounds pretty reasonable to me... I would just cut a bit out, to me, some of it is obvious and might come across as either condisending or sarcastic, which I know you are trying to avoid.

To whom it may concern,

My names molly and I live at 6 Thompson street, im writing to you because I need to respectfully ask you(and your guests) not to park outside my house from now until around the 7th of December.

My reasons for this is im about to have my baby which I will be having at home (so if you hear any screaming my partners not murdering me please don’t call the police :-D) I need to ensure that there is a parking space outside my house incase something goes wrong and I need to be emergency transfers to hospital via ambulance. To put it bluntly extra minutes spent knocking on peoples doors asking for cars to move could be a danger to me and my babies life. (I would cut that, people should know that an ambulance means risk to you and your baby)
Also the midwifes have to carry a lot of equipment when they attend homebirths, its both unfair and unsafe to ask a female to walk halfway down an unfamiliar street in potentially the early hours of the morning.I would reword to something like It would be more convenant and much safer if my midwife could park within a reasonable distance from our house, specially if she must arrive in the early hours of the morning.

I would be insanely grateful if you could avoid parking out side of my house for these reasons I hope you don’t think that im being rude in any way I thought it better to write a quick note than bang on your doors at 4am begging you to move your cars have to rush around having individuals move their car for the ambulance if required.J

Thank you so much for your time and my number is ****** if you want to discuss this in any way.

Thanks again

Molly and James at number 6 thompson.

Hope my suggestions make sense. They are a bit rough and maybe too "Canadian" <hee> I do think that giving people a heads up is a great idea and if they are at all reasonable people, they would appriciate it in the right light.

Sounds pretty reasonable to me... I would just cut a bit out, to me, some of it is obvious and might come across as either condisending or sarcastic, which I know you are trying to avoid.

To whom it may concern,

My names molly and I live at 6 Thompson street, im writing to you because I need to respectfully ask you(and your guests) not to park outside my house from now until around the 7th of December.

My reasons for this is im about to have my baby which I will be having at home (so if you hear any screaming my partners not murdering me please don’t call the police :-D) I need to ensure that there is a parking space outside my house incase something goes wrong and I need to be emergency transfers to hospital via ambulance. To put it bluntly extra minutes spent knocking on peoples doors asking for cars to move could be a danger to me and my babies life. (I would cut that, people should know that an ambulance means risk to you and your baby)
Also the midwifes have to carry a lot of equipment when they attend homebirths, its both unfair and unsafe to ask a female to walk halfway down an unfamiliar street in potentially the early hours of the morning.I would reword to something like It would be more convenant and much safer if my midwife could park within a reasonable distance from our house, specially if she must arrive in the early hours of the morning.

I would be insanely grateful if you could avoid parking out side of my house for these reasons I hope you don’t think that im being rude in any way I thought it better to write a quick note than bang on your doors at 4am begging you to move your cars have to rush around having individuals move their car for the ambulance if required.J

Thank you so much for your time and my number is ****** if you want to discuss this in any way.

Thanks again

Molly and James at number 6 thompson.

Hope my suggestions make sense. They are a bit rough and maybe too "Canadian" <hee> I do think that giving people a heads up is a great idea and if they are at all reasonable people, they would appriciate it in the right light.

hiya they made sence :) the letters have already gone out so i cant really change them now. im pretty sarcastic in 'real' life and prob very 'canadian' so i guess it give them an idea of what to expect if they decided to call!:rofl:

I think that letter is fine darl! Not condesending at all! If I got that letter...I would be ooh exciting...our new neighnour is going to be having a baby soon!!! EXCITING!!! Must get her a little something!:winkwink:
I would be happy to not park outside your house! :lol:

well i was advised by the midwifes to write a letter the cars are parked so close together they wouldnt get a stretcher through and id bee wheeled to the end of the street in order to be transfered :)

They're not that likely to put you on a stretcher, when I transferred I was expected to walk to the ambulance :dohh:

well i was advised by the midwifes to write a letter the cars are parked so close together they wouldnt get a stretcher through and id bee wheeled to the end of the street in order to be transfered :)

They're not that likely to put you on a stretcher, when I transferred I was expected to walk to the ambulance :dohh:

:dohh:oh no!!

i was told that id be stretchered thats why she asked me to put notes (also safety for those attending-midwifes-) also was advised not to labor upstairs cause they wouldnt fit a stretcher down them....

i know if i got that letter id be popping round to ask if there is anything else you need and if you ever need to borrow any sugar you know where i am:hugs:

sounds fine, i guess your hormones are makin u worry more...hope all goes well!!

Sounds ok ot me too) have you had a response? i have the same trouble i live directly opposite our village school and no one cares half the time we cant get out our own drive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->