Is this typical?

I know in Canada, some of the rules are different province by province. Do you think that some of the rules regarding Mat leave could be different state by state as well?

I know in Canada, some of the rules are different province by province. Do you think that some of the rules regarding Mat leave could be different state by state as well?

It's possible.. I may just have to do a bit of research! :rofl:

mmmmmmmmmm im in the uk and we get 6 months so i think that sounds a bit little tbh , tho im not in the us so im unsure

I hope u get better news

We now get 9 months maternity pay from the UK government. I think it changed from 6 months last year. I get didly squat from my company apart from them being forced to keep my job for me whilst i'm off, so i have looked into the government paid maternity leave so i know what i'll get. You get 6 weeks at 90% of salary and then £112 a week for the rest of the time. You can take another 3 months off unpaid also, but i will probably just take the 9 months. What i found disgusting is they still expect you to pay Tax and NI on that pidly amount.

We now get 9 months maternity pay from the UK government. I think it changed from 6 months last year. I get didly squat from my company apart from them being forced to keep my job for me whilst i'm off, so i have looked into the government paid maternity leave so i know what i'll get. You get 6 weeks at 90% of salary and then £112 a week for the rest of the time. You can take another 3 months off unpaid also, but i will probably just take the 9 months. What i found disgusting is they still expect you to pay Tax and NI on that pidly amount.

Yes, that is frustrating! I'm going to see if I can find some additional information on maternity leave in the US. Hopefully I'll come across some good news.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->