is this worth complaining about?

smokey

Mummy to a monkey
Reaction score
LO is a bit octonauts obsessed at the moment and we saw a recent advert for meet the octonauts at brighton aquarium so booked tickets online to take him there today.
We got there and sorted our booked tickets out but where not given any advice on when or where any of the activities where taking place (we assumed some kind of show with charecters) so walked around to see what we could find out.
After finding no notices or signs giving further info we asked 2 members of staff who didnt seem to know anything about it then asked a 3rd member who directed down to a small room, we went into the room (a dingy looking tiny staff room)to just find a few colouring in sheets with octonaut charecters printed on them and a bunch of kids sitting around watching the show on tv, not what we expected.
We then went to the ticket desk to find out what was going on, where was this meet the charecters but due to the crowd coming in couldnt get anywhere near it.
we eventualy gave up after looking around the aquarium guessing we had miss understood and this room with the tv was all there was (feeling very dissapointed) and had a crying 3 year old the whole way home because he didnt get to see the octonauts he was promised and feeling rather guilty assuming we had missunderstood and made a big thing of it to him on the way there.

When we got home I looked it up on their webpage to find there was ment to be a charecter meet on the other side of the aquarum which the staff we asked didnt know anything about, no one gave us any times or advice about it on entering (yes we should have asked when we got there but didnt realise it would be so hard or dissapointing at the time and just followed the guy shouting "this way to meet the octonauts" that dirrected us to the tv room)
Aslo we should have been given a activity pack, a hat and itinery at the ticket desk of which we got nothing (only found this out when we got home)
and there was ment to be activities around the aquarium and a quiz trail and a photo with the charecters of which none where maned or happening.

Finaly found the times the meet the charecters was ment to be going on at the bottom of their website but thats no good once your at home and no where near where the staff guided us.

I wouldnt bother if it wasnt for a very upset little boy and feeling realy bad that we had talked about our visit the whole way there and leaving with out seeing a single thing to do with what was advertised apart from a tv show that he could have watched at home.

Is it worth complaining? not realy after anything from them just to let them know how dissapointed we are and how their staff should be able to give better info and advice and it felt like a waist of a trip with false advertising.

Definitely! That's terrible. You should be entitled to your money back.

i would complain & get my money back. x

I would complain. Thats so unfair and very badly organised! :hugs: Hope your LO isn't too upset!

I'm not one to complain, but I would in this situation. So sorry your little one was disappointed!

I'd definitely complain, try get your money back.
It's obviously not what you were expecting, not worth the money and not what was advertised.

It's obviously not what you were expecting, not worth the money and not what was advertised.

I think it could have been what we where expecting if only the ticket desk staff had of given us the activity packs and a idea of where and when the show was ment to happen and if the activities and trail part was actualy manned and we hadnt of been sent to the wrong area for the show.

I think it could have been what we where expecting if only the ticket desk staff had of given us the activity packs and a idea of where and when the show was ment to happen and if the activities and trail part was actualy manned and we hadnt of been sent to the wrong area for the show.

It's their fault for not doing their job properly haha.
You've got nothing to lose by sending them a quick email or something :)

I would! I'd be fuming about it! Especially to have hyped your boy up so much. I wouldn't be surprised if there was no octonaut - I mean the guy shouting and showing a colouring pad and the tv? They would have said, oh have you met him, he's just at the such and such a place!

Do they have a FB page? I think some people tend to get a response quite quick on there as its open and everyone can see it!

Definitely complain, you sound like you're almost talking yourself into thjnking it's your fault but they have definitely messed up here. For the staff not to be aware of their events is very poor, a customer shouldn't feel like they've not got what they paid for even after seeking it out! I am not one to make complaints easily but I would complain here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->