is/was your LO a really bad sleeper? support and advise thread!

As some I'd you might know, Lucy was sick all over me, the bed and herself at bedtime last night!! She seems ok, but she had the most dreadful nights sleep!!! I'm shattered! I think she woke every 30-45mins throughout the night :-(((
Tried to have a rest while df was watching her but she kept trying to get into the bedroom where I was, sox even that plan didn't work.
Today is going to be a struggle:-(((
Hugs to all you other sleep deprived mummies.
Xxx

So sorry your night was rubbish. How is she now claire?
Hope she's better and not had any more vomiting :-(
Xxx

Hi Gemma, Lucy was fine today. I'm hoping tonight will be better!!!
Xxx

gemma - how's your granddad?

how's everyone?
gael woke up at 5:40am this morning (after 1000s wakes during the night of course) so I'm not feeling human today :wacko:

My lo slept for almost 4 hours 2 nights ago, I was amazed. I think it was perhaps that she cried hard for about 10 minutes prior to going to sleep. Of course, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking that she would wake up at any moment. :haha:

My lo slept for almost 4 hours 2 nights ago, I was amazed. I think it was perhaps that she cried hard for about 10 minutes prior to going to sleep. Of course, I couldn't sleep because I was thinking that she would wake up at any moment. :haha:
Oh I'm with you there, my lo does any more than 2 hrs and I keep waking up to check the time. I've actually started to struggle to sleep at all, I think the constant wakes over a year have broken me. I used to drop off the second my head hit the pillow, now I'm lying there for over half an hour at least.

Pffff these babies!

Hi everyone, not been on here much as LOs sleep is so much better. We're still co-sleeping as she won't sleep more than 2 hours in her cot but we're consistently having one long stretch of around 5 hours each night between around 12:30 and 5:30am. I feel like a new woman! Occasionally something will wake her before 5:30am but she'll mostly settle really easily. I've been telling her that she can't nurse again until morning and she is actually now accepting it and just rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Tomorrow we are leaving for 3 weeks in Australia to visit my sister. I'm so nervous about the journey as DH isn't coming so I'll be along with LO on the flight. Who knows what it's going to do to LOs sleep. Maybe she'll sleep better in a different timezone and with jetlag!

Hope everyone is well x x

Hi everyone, not been on here much as LOs sleep is so much better. We're still co-sleeping as she won't sleep more than 2 hours in her cot but we're consistently having one long stretch of around 5 hours each night between around 12:30 and 5:30am. I feel like a new woman! Occasionally something will wake her before 5:30am but she'll mostly settle really easily. I've been telling her that she can't nurse again until morning and she is actually now accepting it and just rolls over and goes back to sleep.

Tomorrow we are leaving for 3 weeks in Australia to visit my sister. I'm so nervous about the journey as DH isn't coming so I'll be along with LO on the flight. Who knows what it's going to do to LOs sleep. Maybe she'll sleep better in a different timezone and with jetlag!

Good luck mrs hedgehog!! I really don't envy you re the flight and jetlag. I struggled when I did it but that was before baby. Mind you, I think we underestimate our children's adaptability and she will prob be fine :)) maybe even sleep better?!
Let us know how your trip goes.
Xx

Hey ladies!

So glad Lucy is better Claire!

Sorry you had such a bad night kosh :-(
Hope your managed to get a bit more sleep!

Ohh how exciting mrs hedgehog!! I've always wanted to go to oz!!! Hope you have a lovely time and Lo copes with the flight ok!

Things here are still a mixed bag really. Some good, some bad nights with Alex but still a million times better than he has been!!
Grandad is deteriating. Seems really fast to me, but I guess when I think back that on the 3rd may they gave him days/weeks to live, I guess he's doing really well!
He's still at home with nan but I can see she's getting more and more frustrated with coping with him, on top of her own mobility issues?
I saw him last Sunday and I was really upset as he's always been this hulk of a man and strong, but he sat slumped in his chair half asleep looking like a real frail old man.

I know it seems so silly to get so upset, but all 4 of my grandparents have been such a massive part of my life for 30 years. I never expected to lose 2 within 6 months :-(

Oh Gemma I am so sorry! :hugs: My last grandmother died 3 years ago and she was this force of nature and the centre of our family. So I know what you mean. I am really sorry. :hugs:

good luck mrs hedgehog, :hugs:
hope the flight went well and your LO is adapting ok
let us know!

gemma - all my grandparents died when I was a kid, so I can't say that I can relate but at least you're lucky you have them for such a long time :hugs:

Haven't posted in here in a while due to my lo actually STTN...amazing!! :dance:

Gemma - hope you've been alright, you & your family are still in my thoughts and prayers.

It's a girl. She's been STTN for almost a week now. I weaned her off the breast :cry:. It broke my heart, but with my sore breasts and morning sickness, I couldn't do it anymore. It was really rough the first 3 nights, but now, it's fine. She's been off the breast for almost 2 weeks. She would occasionally wake up for some milk for several nights but then she just started STTN after that. She also eats better too, which is a huge load off my mind because she has never been a good eater.

oh, I must admit I was hoping you wouldn't say that you had weaned her :nope: but it seems it's the only option for these bad sleepers? I am still looking for a 'reformed' bad sleeper that self weaned :winkwink:

did you wean her completely or only during the night?
was it very rough? :hugs:

I know, I still feel terrible about it. I honestly felt as if that was the only way. She had never been a good sleeper, even as a newborn and she ALWAYS looked tired...poor thing. She seems fine, though. I weaned her completely :cry:. Nighttime was the worst though and during the day, it wasn't too bad.

The first night she was crying as if her feelings were hurt and the crying lasted for about 30 - 40 minutes and she woke up twice wanting cow's milk. The 2nd night, she was crying as if she was upset. She was throwing a fit. She threw herself on the floor, kicking her legs and shaking her fists. She finally settled down after about 20 - 30 minutes and woke a couple times wanting cow's milk. The third night, she cried for about 5 - 10 minutes, just a mad cry. She finally settled down and woke up about 2 times wanting cow's milk. She would have her moments here and there where she would wake up after the first 3 nights and whine for about a couple of minutes or so, but she would go right back to sleep. It was probably one of the most difficult things that I've had to do in a while...I was crying while she was crying. It broke my heart. I honestly didn't see her self-weaning at all any time soon or I would've just let her continue. I had been researching bad sleepers that self-weaned as well and didn't find much hope. Hope you get it figured out!!

ETA: Now, if she sees my naked breasts after I get out of the shower, it's like she doesn't even remember. She'll even blow raspberries on them...lol!! Go figure!! :shrug:

ETA: Now, if she sees my naked breasts after I get out of the shower, it's like she doesn't even remember. She'll even blow raspberries on them...lol!! Go figure!! :shrug:

Alex was exactly the same! He settled much better as soo. As I stopped feeding him at night andwithin a couple of weeks it was like he'd forgotten what they were for.
Now he's realised they wobble and jiggle and is constantly pushing them around and giggling lol!!!

Things here pretty same. Alex's sleep is pretty hit and miss but he does keep getting out of routine for various reasons...Cardiff trips, holidays etc!

Grandad is rapidly getting worse and has weeks, maybe a month at best.

We are currently on hols in butlins in bognor but nearly had to go home last night as Phil's nan is seriously ill and we were told she wouldn't last the night but OH's mum hadn't listened to the drs right and made everyone panic and his nan is actually a lot better.

Other news is......I'm 6 week pregnant! .....and exhausted!!! But no 24 hour sickness like last time which is great!!! :-D

How's everyone else getting on?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->