It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Hey ladies... Another wee update from team windswept! We were sent to Glasgow for an echo ultrasound to check baby girl has a healthy heart... We got the all clear! Phew!

We've also started the ball rolling with getting an au pair. It seems to answer my problems with childcare (expense, distance, trust) and means I can be more in control and see everything that's happening, Archie will be comfortable in his own home and won't have to travel 84 miles per day and I will also get help around the house, which is a huge help in summer when mr windswept is working all hours. It will also be company for me! She comes in July and will stay until September, so she'll be able to help with new baby and all that comes with it! This year it's more a trial to see how it will work for when I go back after maternity leave, and if it works out it will be a live in nanny (experienced) to attend to childcare needs. It's cheaper than a childminder and solves all my worries! Nervous but excited!

Archie is a little star just now, but has very few words... I'm not worried, but am trying to encourage him! He points and shouts for things, but won't ask for them - juice or banana or the likes - so I'm trying to get him to say words like please, hungry, juice, snack, food types, etc ... He's very affectionate just now, will be sitting playing away on his own, then suddenly catch my eye, jump up and run over to give me a big kiss and cuddle! It's just lovely. This latest trip has put his sleeping back a bit... And he's insisting on coming into bed with us again :( I can tell he's only going to start sleeping when this baby arrives. I don't think I'll ever sleep again!

I'm back to work tomorrow (first time since end January) and am absolutely dreading it - dreading leaving Archie, dreading getting up early and having to drive up there, dreading the questions, dreading the fact my boss got proxi access to my email and god only knows what's in there! Dreading the work, dreading the trying to get my head back into it... But mostly dreading that Archie is spending the day with his granny and not me, I don't see eye to eye with this woman at all, and although I know we need her help it pains me! Lots.

Must sleep tonight... Cx

Hope you get thru work. Not fun having grandma watch Archie when she don't agree with you on things but def better than the child minder.

Hi Ladies :flower:

Stina, great news about baby girl's heart :happydance: And great to hear Archie is doing well. I'm sure his sleeping and speaking will sort themselves out soon. He's still very young for talking anyway really, a lot of children don't get going on that for a while. No words from Ciara yet, just lots of babble and noises :haha:

But - big news on Ciara - she took her first steps on Wednesday :cloud9: Such a proud mummy moment. She's took a couple more today but has only done it those two times so far so just trying to keep encouraging her :thumbup: She's doing well and her little personality is really coming out now :cloud9: Only thing we're struggling a bit with is food. This girl loves her milk (always has) and is pretty fussy with solid food. She has things she loves - toast, yoghurt, apple, pear, breadsticks - but all other stuff is hit and miss. And a lot of things she just won't eat - cannot get any meat into her at all and she doesn't seem to like any breakfast cereals or vegetables :nope: Just got to keep persevering I guess. She had only gained 2ozs in over a month at her last weigh-in, which is the first time she's really slowed down in gaining, so I'm trying desperately to get her to eat more. She is having plenty of formula though but I just feel like that should be cutting down now and she should be eating more. Health Visitor didn't seem concerned about her weight and said that her being very mobile now may also contribute to slower gain.

I've attached a few recent pics:

Attachments

• P1120270.JPG
    P1120270.JPG
    43.6 KB · Views: 5
  • P1120284.JPG
    P1120284.JPG
    65.9 KB · Views: 3
  • P1120335.JPG
    P1120335.JPG
    54.3 KB · Views: 5
What a little cracker! She's gorgeous!

The fun will begin when she gets going, those first few steps are so exciting, eh?! However, I will not be encouraging number 2 in the same way I did with Archie!

Don't worry about the eating thing, I think they all go through phases of only wanting certain things... But I understand your frustration. Is it about how she gets it? For Archie it's about not being spoon fed, and therefore he prefers things he can handle without cutlery... Like garlic bread, cucumber sticks, veg, chunks of meat, etc. He won't attempt stew or soup or anything. One day he can't get enough grapes, another it'll be strawberries, the next apple. I can't keep up! And the fact he doesn't tell us doesn't help, and we do seem to waste a lot. I noticed tonight that he eats a LOT more if we let him eat in front of telly (which is very rare, we always sit at the dining table, but Mr Windswept was out and I was doing some painting at the table)... He wolfed down every last drop while watching toy story!

He's settled into a nice wee routine over the past few nights, 8 pm til 6 am, which will do just nicely!

Well, I've had a sh!tty week... After building up the strength to go back to work, I ended up in hospital that night. I felt rotten all day, my heart racing, really uptight and irate, then as I was leaving for home I nipped to the toilet and discovered I was bleeding. Went straight to maternity instead of driving the 42 miles home, and they kept me in. I have cervical erosion and an infection. Sitting in that room for hours without Archie to distract me made me go into meltdown - a midwife caught me in floods of tears and managed to get me to talk - turns out this whole abuse thing has been affecting me worse than I thought and my body was rundown and susceptible to infections, etc. They helped me to put it all into perspective and I think I've decided to go off work again until after my maternity leave. I hate people taking advantage of the system and taking sick leave unnecessarily, but I really don't feel up to it. I can't describe it. Am I being a terrible person for taking another doctors line?

Hi ws,just a quick note a on phone,don't think its terrible at all that you take more time,take as long as you need,you have yourself Archie and ur new baby girl to think of,take it easy hun xx

Oh wind :hugs: do what is necessary for your peace of mind. If that is what dr says and you prefer being the one home taking care of ill Archie, go for it. :hugs: nothing wrong with that because you have to be a great mother to Archie, he is only this little once in life.

Thanks ladies - I'm glad I've got your reassurance too. I've been signed off until maternity leave, which is a huge relief.

They've found more infections and I'm feeling pretty run down and on some nasty antibiotics. Also, the fight is not over - more dramas with the childminder - not strong enough for it, but hey ho.

Anyway, tomorrow I'm planning on doing some finger painting with my boy... That's going to be fun and messy! It's the simple things that count.

Where are we all at with ttc? After all, that's what this thread is meant to be about!

Cx

Hi Ladies :flower:

Stina, I'm definitely NOT ttc at the moment. Not sure if we'll have a second or not yet, financial reasons plus I'll be extremely wary of another mc now after having had two. An early scan won't even help me if there was a next time as we had one last time that seemed fine :nope: Just feel blessed to have my little girl at the mo.

Hope you get all the issues sorted with that 'childminder' soon (I've put that in inverted commas because don't think she should be called one!) Just make sure you take care of yourself, your little boy and your little girl x

Currently I have only 1/3 saved up for summer IUI attempts. Still need to go for blood screening before I can start that process. Planning to do first IUI after af shows in June so if I did the math right, it will be around the 4th of July when they put some soldiers in me. Hopefully I will be knocked up in no time from that. That is where I am in my Ttc journey, though that does not stop me from having sessions with the hubby. :blush:

Ooooh, DG, we'll be following your progress with baited breath! Keep us posted.

Nat, I understand your fears, but don't be hasty!

Feeling better this past few days, physically and mentally, been making the most of the incredible weather we've been having and getting out and about with my boy! Fresh air and sunshine, and games of hide and seek with an active toddler, should be prescribed to anyone feeling down! It works for me!

Cx

Hey strangers!

How are we all?

Baby Morrison Mark II is proving to be another complicated one! Measuring big (3 weeks ahead) and breech, with low fluid levels... So lots of monitoring and threat of an early assisted arrival (prob c section and prob in next couple of weeks). Wasn't feeling prepared at all - have that frustrating nesting instinct at play - and was terrified it would happen too soon, but feeling a bit more ready!

We're getting an au pair this summer to help with the house, the dogs and most of all to make sure Archie still gets all his adventures and play time without feeling hard done by. Been let down by a few, but finally have one with her air travel booked. So, she arrives 16th and I'm hoping baby will come at least a week after... Huge relief, as Mr W has been sucked into his work for the season, a harsh reminder we'll barely see him when baby arrives.

Archie is a little star - he's so much fun just now and knows that inside me is a 'bay-bee' and he is the 'big boy'! Not sure how he's going to cope with new addition...

Anyway, keep in touch guys!

Cx

:hugs: breech? Wow hope baby flips before delivery time. It will be interesting to see how Archie copes with being big brother role. Good that you have help coming soon cuz you will need it.

Still kind of stuck but not really stuck. Iui still not happen yet but dr are running tests (required blood disease screening, prolactin on day 3, hsg) all of which came back normal but cuz hsg showed a y shape instead of triangle the dr is doing 3d ultrasound to study my uterus this Tuesday. Not much of a concern since everything points at healthy so far. We chose to use a friend for our donor. So that is the hold up too cuz he had to do counseling session with us which we did recently but he also has to undergo tests too.

Wow I can't believe it's nearly that time wind!!!it's lovely to hear from you and I really hope baby turns before the big day!!

Great to hear from you, ladies!

Deaf gal, sounds like there's progress, but you must be finding it infuriatingly slow? You're a very patient lady!

Well, today could be the day I meet number 2... Fluid levels reduced again (can feel 'the leak' of waters) and my consultant wants baby out. Officially 36+1 so they've prepped me with the steroid to stimulate baby's lungs and I've to take hospital bag in, ready for caesarean this afternoon. But it's not definite and they will scan and review me at 10 am to check levels again...

I hate the uncertainty, but am scared and excited in equal measures!

Arrrggghhhh!

Oh Wind! I will be praying your baby arrives safe!

Yes, sometimes I feel annoyed it is going so slow but other times I remind myself it is just more time for me to lose weight/tone up my body and enjoy activities I could not otherwise enjoy doing.

Ah wind I'll be thinking of you,fingers crossed for a safe arrival,let us know as soon as you're up to it xx

No baby yet! Letting it cook for another couple of weeks... Section booked for 26th.

Relieved! Was worrying 4 weeks would be too early.

DG - you have the right attitude! Enjoy life before baby, make plenty time for you and your man and do all the things you enjoy. Babies change everything (in the best possible way) so enjoy doing what you do before you can't! I'm itching for a wee weekend away with Mr W - just to Venice to sit by the canals drinking wine in the sun - but it'll be a long time before I'm ready to leave my babies! I don't resent it at all, but do have little pangs of want now and then!

Thanks for letting us know,I'm pleased they are leaving you a little longer.at least you have a date to count down to now x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->