It fell out! 2 births so far! :-)

Toots3495

Reaction score
Hi ladies, this month oh and I are trying the every other day method. I'm due to ovulate thurs/fri and dtd last night. A lot of it fell out when I moved and I'm most upset cos I do my best to stay in bed with legs in the air! Do you think enough of the little :spermy: would have been left in?
:dust::dust::dust:

i think so hun they say the majority of the swimmers get where they need to be in seconds. although you could try softcups??

Hi Toots3495

Firstly, we're about the same stage of our cycle, I too think I will ovulate tomorrow or Friday. How about we keep in touch to see how each other does this month?

Secondly, I am also planning the 'every other day' method and DTD last night!

Thirdly, I have the same question as you as after :sex: last night, I tried to stay still but ended up having to get up to pee about half an hour after, when of course loads fell out :shrug:

I've always wondered how much this affects things.

:kiss:

Hello Ladies,

I have read that the sperm will take only 8.5 mins to reach where it needs to go, so please dont worry about it :)

Hey nat, let's buddy up and see if we can get that :bfp:, maybe we'll bring each other some luck! I certainly need it, onto 19th cycle ttc. How about you? I always try to pee beforehand so I don't have to get up! Hopefully the ladies are right and they got where they needed to go before it came out.

Ok Toots, we're officially buddies :happydance:

I did pee beforehand but ended up needing to again :haha:

We're on our 7th month actively ttc but we did have about a year of NTNP before that. I admit we have varied in our 'efforts' each month really but have tried to DTD at least one or twice in fertile time each month. I'm on my third month this month of using the CBFM. Last month I wasn't very hopeful anyway as both myself and OH had bad colds one after the other so didn't DTD enough. The month prior to that we did the 'every other day' method from about CD13 (my first 'high' on the monitor, Ov'd CD19). Ended up getting to 16dpo before AF showed (usually 14 day LP) and when she did arrive, was a bit different to usual and also had some different symptoms in the few days before and felt a bit different. So reckon I could have had a very early loss but I never tested so will never know.

I was planning a break from ttc this month but ovaries going mad signalling Ov around the corner (and 'high' on CBFM last few days) so finding it hard to ignore! Hopefully this is body's way of telling me to get to it as this could be the month :winkwink:

Have you had any tests at docs or anything yet? :kiss:

Hi Toots.

I wouldnt worry hun, most sperms that 'fall out' will be dead anyway and the live ones that will be swimming towards that egg as we speak will have entered your cervix within minutes of ejaculation if you have suitably fertile CM.

Softcups are a good idea, Ive not used them yet but I've heard good things from other ladies about them.

Good luck!

Nat & Toots - I am due to ovulate tomorrow too! Lets keep each other posted on how things go. This is our 7th month also, and we did the deed last night too!

Best of luck.

I always wondered about this but thanks for clearing it up.

Good luck to all

Hi hun,

It never stayed in for me when i had my other 2! so i guess it does its job still even when things come out! :) :thumbup:

Fingers crossed for you:)

Julie

i agree with sugarjules!! Think how many people get pregnant when not trying to. i bet they did not sit with their legs up or think about it and they manage to get pregnant xx fingers crossed to all of us xx

That's good to know sugarjules!

Was feeling the same way yesterday when we were trying. I forgot to elevate my hips during intercourse and a lot fell out. Oh well, we've been trying for the past 5-6 days so what is done is done now.

I wonder how easy it would be to give up ttc nat cos I reckon you'd always be noticing the signs! It kinda becomes an obsession doesn't it!:haha:
I'm actually off to the docs tomorrow to have a chat and see what's going on. I'm quite nervous but it's got to be done. The length of time we've been ttc seems a bit on the long side! Apparently they do blood tests but I'm not sure if that'll be tomorrow or if it has to be at a certain point in the cycle.

Nat & Toots - I am due to ovulate tomorrow too! Lets keep each other posted on how things go. This is our 7th month also, and we did the deed last night too!

Best of luck.

Hi windswept:hi:
Welcome on board! The symptom obsessing is soon to begin!:haha:
How are you finding the whole ttc experience so far?

Welcome from me too Windswept :kiss:

Toots, I've kept putting off the docs visit so far, think because I'm scared of finding out something IS wrong :nope: I am now thinking that, as its October now, I may give it until the end of the year and if nothing has happened by Christmas, I'll pay docs a visit in New Year. A :baby: would be the best Christmas present!

My OH actually mentioned it to docs a couple of months ago (a routine appointment he had as he is on low dose BP tablets). Doc said generally investigations won't be done until couples have been trying for about a year. He did say blood tests would be the first thing, think they may well be at certain points in the cycle. Let me know how docs goes and here's hoping this is your month and you won't even need anything investigating :thumbup:

x

Thanks for welcoming me! Look forward to sharing my obsessing with you guys!

I have actually been to my doctors - in an appointment about something else I was asked when my last AF came, and I answered and went on to mention that they were irregular and their severity was irregular too. They instantly said to come in to have my bloods taken on CD21 to check for ovulation. No question about how long I'd been trying. Think it may have helped that I discussed ttc with them long before starting, so it would have been on file. Have been back, but not getting bloods done until CD31 - due to length of my cycles (has to be 7 days before AF).

Hope this helps.

As for how I am enjoying the experience... There are highs, and there are lows - I'll leave you to guess which is which!

Cx

Windswept I'll be on cd11 when I go to docs so I guess itll just be for a chat. I think I've read on here before about someone having to go back on cd21. It's scary cos although you need to know if somethings wrong it's not really something you want to hear. I'm taking quite a few vits to try and help things along plus I drink a fair bit of green tea. My lp tends to vary, shortest was 8 days and the longest was 13 so I have a feeling there's a problem there!
Do you take any vits to help things?

I'd only been taking folic acid until yesterday, when I got some preconception multi vitamins for both me and Mr Windswept. The doctor suggested zinc and vitamin D, but advised against too many things. Those were more for the baby's health than for conception though.

I know what you mean about the tests - I just hope that I get a big spike in my BBTs in the next day or two to show that I have ovulated, so that I don't have to.

She ran me through the process if it's not anovulation (which needn't necessarily mean not ovulating every monthm, so multiple CD21 tests would be done) - next would be a keyhole examination of my tubes and if that's okay, next would be a look at Mr Windswept's sperm... I don't want it to get to either of those stages, so pray for a definite ovulation this month, then a positive result in a couple of weeks...

I'd ask about the LP...

Keyhole look at the tubes sounds a bit nerve racking! I think oh is dreading having to give a sample:haha: his face was a picture when I said I'm off to the docs first but if I'm ok then it's his turn! But these things have to be done especially as we're both 32 now so if there are problems then the process gets even more drawn out! I really thought this was going to be easy when we first decided to start trying, how wrong was I!

I don't like either of the latter tests - and I know that Mr Windswept will hate having to give a sample... I think it would make him question how much he wants a little un.

It is best to know if there is a problem early, I suppose, but I am not ready to know yet... But I am not up for the waiting game either!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->