It's been 7 weeks since mc but still not af...when to ring the GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh wow mlm I love them too! Its so exiting that you heard the heartbeat so early too!! Welcome to the fruit.bowl! Eee i love scan pictures so much!

Jane im a papaya. For some reason I was more satisfied with a banana. What fruit are you next?

Yey, congrats Mlm. You will see a huge difference between this scan and the one at 8 weeks, amazing how quick they develop from a worm looking thing into a baby :flower:

Bobster, not sure I've ever seen a papaya in real life! Not sure what my fruit is tomorrow, guessing an avocado.

I think I'm carrying this baby in my thighs- they've gotten huge!

I love scan pics too, and my heart is just happy to see MLM's join the crowd! I obv was excited after my BFP and happy with the bloodwork rising after that, but that first scan pic is when I fell in love. Such promise from such a tiny little thing. So miraculous and wonderful! Very happy that we all almost have our rainbows. I know that Phez is coming in with hers very soon.

Me too, I was thinking about her. I hope she's ok. I can't wait when she pops back in with news of her bfp. It won't be long i'm sure.

Mack glad Jake is enjoying his new bed. Don't strain yourself butt lifting him...

Sorry.. I'm already getting sick of people saying what I can and can't do 'in my condition'. I know they mean well but I know my limits and wouldn't be stupid enough to push them.. rant over.

Jane, sorry for late reply but not not booked my antenatal classes yet. Hope i'm not too late. Will phone them tomorrow. You are so organised. I need to get organised with everything soon.

P.s. I think they sell papaya in tesco but i've never bought one. I can't remember them being as long as bananas though. Enjoy your fruit tomorrow :)

How's everyone today? Is anyone else feeling mega hormonal?

I feel anxious about the prospect of becoming a mum. I think I focused for so long and so hard on getting pregnant that when reality hits that its happened I worry about how I'll cope looking after a little one. Of course I'm excited too but I can't help but worry that I won't pick it up naturally like mum's should. Don't have a great deal of experience with babies and neither does other half.

Anyone else feel this way?

I was having those moments too Bobster, but the classes really helped me. Also, I'm 35. Most of my friends have kids already, some are getting to be 10-12 years old now. I've seen them go through bad divorces, lay offs, illnesses, pregnant when they were still very young, all kinds of stuff. Not in a judgey way of course, but they have all survived and come out the other side quite wonderfully. It makes me feel like DH and I will figure things out as well. And we talk about it now. What our styles will be like, how we feel about them getting gadgets too young, sleeping routines, etc. nothing may go anything like we've discussed I'm sure, but at least we know each other's thoughts and opinions about things.

I totally feel worried about being a mum and having responsibility for bringing this person up. And sometimes I look at the news and think why did i want to get pregnant and bring a baby into such a horrible world and other times I worry how I will keep them on the straight and narrow so they will be a law abiding citizen. You can tell I've been thinking about this a lot!

Got my 20 week anatomy scan date through for Friday 12th July- can't wait!

Oh Jane I'm the same way! Yesterday on the news there was something about teen driving wrecks and then another story about children's cancer, and I looked at DH all scared and said we can't have kids!! He was like, well, its kind of too late. I was like NOOOOOOOOO. It's so scary out there.

They say that once you have kids of your own, you reallly begin to understand and respect the decisions your own parents made. Me, my bro and sis I think turned out ok so hoping to bring mine up in a similar way.

well I had pretty terrible parents, or at least mom anyway. my dad was just busy working since there were 5 of us. I think I have the don't do handbook figured out when it comes to kids, and dh comes from a wonderful family.

You all totally read my mind today. I got a news alert on my phone today about a shooting in St. Louis and my first thought was about bringing a kid into this crazy world. It is definitely scary to think about sometimes.

This morning sickness is terrible ahh! Not complaining though : )

Question. Have you been completely avoiding deli meat? One of the few things that sounds appealing to me is a turkey sandwich (specifically from Potbelly!) but I'm worried this isn't good for me. What do you think?

I did at first MLM, until I read more about it. There's like one in a million chances it could have a bacteria on it, and then another one in a million chance that IF it did, that your body would have low enough immunity that it'd make you sick, and IF it did make you sick maybe you'd just have an upset stomach, but another one in a million chance it'd make you really sick IF you got sick at all. That is not scientific at all, but just my take on it. :)

I only buy the fresh shaved meat from the deli, or I go to sandwich shops that shave it right there when they make your sandwich. If I buy the deli meat to take home, I only get enough for a few sandwiches. I'll eat it cold the same day, but microwave it for a minute or so if I eat it the next day. So far I've had no problems. Not having lunchmeat at all just made it really hard to have healthy, lean lunches to pack at work that still had protein. I was tired of other stuff and just wanted a sandwich now and then.

Sorry Mlm, I can't help- have really gone off meat but sounds like mackjess has got this covered.

Woke up this morning to a bump! :happydance: Don't think it's from boat, I usually get that as the day goes on- will hit the shops today to find some maternity trousers that will grow with me, just don't want to spend too much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"