It's been 7 weeks since mc but still not af...when to ring the GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mack, keep us posted on what the OB says. Perhaps you did just over do it but you've done the right thing getting checked over. I hope Finn does turn for you in time and the c section gets cancelled.

No dry nipples yet bobster and I'm too scared to stand on the scales! DH and I are going to start swimming at the weekends so I can keep my weight gain in check and keep some muscle tone.

Mlm, it's so worrying with the symptoms isn't it. I hope the scan will give you some reassurance for more than just 1 day. I swear I have one scan and like 3 days later I'm worrying again and want another one!

I'm desperate to feel my little one move.

I came home and the heartbeat sounded good on the Doppler. ob wanted me to do kick counts for an hour. i had trouble staying awake. lol. just left her a message that I had 8 in an hour, of which 2 of them were after I poked and prodded him a bit. thanks ladies for thinking of me. whatever way it happens, I'll be glad when he has arrived and I can see what is going on. dh has been super sweet texting me a bunch, I feel bad that I've worried him.

you probably will worry less when you start to feel more movements, I promise. today has been stressful but honestly it's the first time in weeks I've been concerned about how he's doing. I've only worried about how he's getting here. =)

Jane you'll feel her/him soon enough I'm sure. I think it can depend on where your placenta is too. Mine is at the back (I was told by the sonographer at my 20/40 scan) so felt them earlier- but another lady I know has hers on the front and has only felt one kick so far (at the same stage as me). It might be worth asking when you have your scan so you get more of an idea. Also the first movements are easy to miss as they're so subtle, like a gentle spasm/twitch.

I'm very excited for your scan lol. I'm not sure if we'll find out the gender or not at the 28 week scan. Now i've found my unisex bedding I'm more inclined to keep it a surprise but not sure. It would be easier to know. Maybe we'll say if we see it we see it and let the little one decide the fate.

Mack I just read somewhere that some babies don't engage until actual labour itself. Maybe Finn will turn right at the last moment. Hope so for you.

I have my antenatal class on 2nd July. Not allowed to bring OH though so that's disappointing. I think its too full for partners.

I thought I'd already been a papaya too lol! Maybe they ran out of idea's so had to reuse some. And I'm sure a navel orange is bigger than an onion, pah!

How are you mlm? Hope the nasties at work are giving you a break.

Before I went to bed I had a little blood on the tissue paper when I wiped. A little bit more this morning just when I wiped. I did an hours brisk walk yesterday and think I over did it. A little twingey but not more severe than usual.

Rang the midwife and they won't see me unless I'm 20 weeks so have been advised to ring the GP or go to Accident & emergency. So I'm waiting to see if I get anymore, so far nothing so hopeful I just pushed it too much. Wish I had a Doppler now so I'm gonna order one today in case this happens again.

Oh no Jane. Hope its settled now. Are you sure its vaginal bleeding? The only reason I ask is because I had some from an internal pile. Are you sure u don't want to get checked out anyway just for sone peace of mind? It's worrying when you see blood but I'm sure everything will be fine with baby. Maybe doppler when you get it will help give you reassurance but patient as it can take some getting used to how they work.

Keep us posted xx

Don't you have a love/hate relationship with pregnancy sometimes Jane? I hope it stopped for you. keep us posted if you ring the OB.

AFM - OB was happy with 8 kick counts an hour. MUCH less active for him, but he is probably outgrowing his space. The doppler clocked him in the 140s so I'm happy with that. Scan is tomorrow so that will be even more reassuring. SO READY for the weekend.

That's great mackjess, hope the scan is all good tomorrow. Let us know- maybe he did turn and doesn't like his new position so not kicking as much or the kicks feel less because he's now upside down?

Thanks ladies, I got checked over by the GP in the end and we heard the heartbeat with Doppler but they are sending me off for a scan at the early pregnancy unit just to check its ok but have to wait for a call in the morning for them to say when to go in, so could be tomorrow or next week, feeling more reassured since the Doppler and the fact not had any more spotting since this morning. Tomorrow I've got loads on at work too- its always the way when an emergency happens!

Pretty sure it was from the front end bobster as I've had problems with tearing in the back end before so always been a bit cautious about where blood is coming from. Did the pile come during pregnancy?

Wonderful to hear Jane, and it does seem things are fine if you've had no more spotting since and the good heartbeat. Exciting that you'll be getting a scan, so hopefully that makes up for some of the stress.

I really think he's up high still, I feel something pretty firm and think his head is on my left side halfway between my ribs and belly button. He might be sideways, which would also be great because that is halfway turned! Worried a little less about a section after being so worried yesterday. Long as he shows up, I don't care how and I'll just deal with whatever it is. :)

Good attitude Mack.

Glad spottings stopped Jane. It's great you get the see baby again too. I wonder if they'll tell you the sex if yoy ask. I'm glad you went to gp in end.

Keep us up to date.

Yes the blood has only been since pregnant only occassionally after wiping (from a number 2). At first I panicked as I though it was vaginal blood.

Same thing has happened to me a few times too Bobster. Again love/hate with pregnancy!

I think it's good you're getting it checked Jane. If anything, getting confirmation that baby is ok will make you feel better.

I haven't been having much cramping lately, but I have been getting these quick little pinch like pains in my uterus. I'm a little worried, cause I was getting a good amount of pain before I found out about my mmc last time. Hoping these little pinches are normal.

Quick update, the hospital rang to say my GP was being over cautious and they don't need me to go in and they won't do a scan only use the Doppler which is what the GP already did and as not had any more spotting not to worry about it. I did mention to DH about doing a private scan but he thought it wasn't needed and would be a waste of money, I guess he is right. So i feel reassured but I guess not totally relaxed until my next scan in 3 weeks time!

Good luck for your scan today mackjess.

Mlm, what day is your 8 week scan?

Bobster, your antenatal class is so soon, is that at the hospital and will include a tour of the delivery suite?

thanks Jane. what a bummer about your scan. can you call the mw and see if they can request it again?

I was pretty pleased with myself for realizing baby was transverse yesterday. 1- it explained me feeling less movement as that would be more crowded. 2-being sideways is halfway to being turned. 3- it explained why my side hurt cause it was where I could feel his head. so last night after I got home i feel more movement than I had in a few days. I immediately hopped on the ball and did bounces and rotations in case he was trying to go head down. got up after an hour, and he was back to his wiggly self, kicking me in the pelvis and I feel his head back under my ribs.*my appt isn't till late this afternoon. i figure I will sit on the ball more today since I'm working from home and see what happens. if he's breech today, I will get my surgery scheduled. I'm a little more hopeful that he could turn in the next few days though. he's never been sideways before so I think he was trying, and if he had room to do that he might have room to make it. Ijust wish dh was here for my appt later.

Mlm I have all twingey pains, aches and weird feelings all the way through. I guess ay your stage the baby is doing the most growing so your womb has to stretch quite quickly. When's your scan again?

Jane they would scan if they were worried so thats good isn't it. Hope this 3 weeks goes quickly for you too.

I'm not too sure but I think I only have one antenatal class and not really sure what that will involve.. its on the 2nd July. Hmmm. Have my 24 week mw appointment next wednesday too.

That's good news mackjess that he got sideways at least, get bouncing on that ball! Are there any old wives theories for making baby turn that you've tried?

I need to book my proper hospital antenatal class but my 20 hours worth of private classes are booked and cover all sorts of things and a bit of early days/breastfeeding baby care too- hopefully will be worth the £300 DH paid for it! The times are quite convenient and it's held at a church hall near our house. I don't know many people in the area so hoping over the 10 weeks I will make a couple of friends too.

Yikes, all these appointments and scans for us ladies! Stressful waiting game.

I LOVED the classes I went to Jane. And I think they really helped reassure DH. The only thing is they showed a lot of video deliveries, and I would get teary eyed because I can't wait for mine. The moment when they lay they baby out on the mom's chest. ARGH. I looked around tho and I wasn't the only the watery eyed lady in the bunch. :haha:

Mack, that made me teary eyed just thinking about that moment! Crazy hormones making me so emotional...

just found out bubs turned today. it must have happened overnight because his little head was in my ribs last night. I didn't poke around too much today since they are usually very sore when I do that. they said he was pretty smooshed up so hope he stays that way. I feel so silly for stressing all week.

And Lord help me. already 7.5 lbs with a 9cm head. drugs and epidural sound really good now!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"