It's been 7 weeks since mc but still not af...when to ring the GP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh you ladies are so on my wave length about all this stuff with worrying about bringing a child into the world sometimes! I hope I do a good job to steer it clear of trouble. I had a good upbringing, better than my other halves but I notice that he's the one who's more determined to avoid certain traits of his parents which in turn makes him 100% percent better person. For myself, my mum was always career focused and so I spent lots more time with my dad which is what i'm definitely going to avoid as she was the strict one and I didn't spend enough time playing/bonding with her as my dad was my main carer. OH sent me a poem while I was at work yesterday which I found quite sweet- I think he's getting soft since all this pregnancy melarky lol but I found it quite fitting as to how I want to be as a parent.

Dianaloomans.com/child.htm

Yay Jane! The shops are pretty limited with maternity stuff, a lot of it has moved online. I got some cheap jeans/jeggings from Newlook though and there is some stuff in Topshop too. How exciting that your bump has popped!

Yay MLM for your sickness! It is awful but you know your babies sucking the life from you and thriving when you feel so rotten lol. I hated it but found it so reassuring at the same time. A lot of women find it gets better after 12 weeks though so hang in there. I haven't avoided any cooked meat or deli stuff. I haven't really been too funny about any food to be honest and found myself tucking into some pasta meatballs with parmesam the other day only to realise the next day that the parmesan was unpasturised (eek). Better start being more careful. I agree with Mack though, the chances of anything being wrong with the meat is so slim, and the chance it will cause harm to you also very slim. What about buying a turkey joint and cooking/slicing it yourself if you are worried?

Mackjess is Finn changing position yet? When do you go back for a check?

Generally I think I had an ok upbringing but my dad used to drink quite heavily and he would be aggressive to my mum when he got home and that caused a lot of rows, he also had a couple of affairs (one when my mum was pregnant with me). I grew up quite scared of him. We get on better now I am older and he has stopped the drink. My mum tried her best but money was tight and she always wanted to leave but had no where to go with 3 young kids. They were not always so encouraging either, I couldn't do music lessons or run a fun charity race if they didn't think I could do it or if I wasn't planning on being a musician or runner as a job then they didn't see the point or they couldn't afford it.

So I want my kids to try new things, costs will still be prohibitive of course but I want them to learn an instrument and run a charity race even if they lose or just do it as a hobby. My DH doesn't get drunk and is not aggressive to me and we've never had heated violent rows so I'm hopeful I can protect my child from those things I went through.

I read the poem bobster, that how I want to be too- I know we can't be perfect but I want to try and get thr balance right. So sweet that your OH sent it to you. My DH has also got a bit soft and protective of me. He ordered me a 'bump on board' badge you get for the Tube, had no idea he'd done it and when this little parcel arrived at the door I was touched- even though it was free for him it was just the fact he went and did it.

I must write his father-to-be card while he is not here for fathers day tomorrow.

Oh blimey, I've written a lot. Sorry ladies.

Thanks for the tip bobster- the new look, top shop and next don't stock the maternity ranges in store in my area so think I will end up ordering online.

Jane how'd the father to be card go down? I didn't make one in the end as I was rushing about so much and didn't get round to it. Wish I did now though.

I had a scare at work today. At work in the clinical rooms we have chairs on wheels and very slipping flooring = not a good combination for someone clumsy. Anyway I basically fell off my chair (in front of a patient- cringe) and jerked my stomach muscles a bit. The baby started kicking madly so I knew he was ok but it shocked me. Luckily the patient was lovely and didn't laugh haha.

It feels ok now but afterwards I had a sharp discomfort and dull ache inside which almost felt like it was in my bottom/vagina. Weird and never had anything like it before but all seems ok now and doppler confirmed a nice strong heartbeat.

Gosh it really makes you think how precious our babies are and how you have to be so careful to keep them safe.

Its a good job for my extra tummy fat to keep him padded lol.

How's everyone else today?

Yikes Bobster, sounds painful! Glad you and baby are ok.

I'm counting down the days til my next scan (9). Feeling quite tired and sick. I had to take a day off work last week and heard that some of my employees in my new branch were talking trash about me being out, and one teller complained that I asked her to pick up a heavy coin bag instead if doing it myself. Jerks. I feel guilty enough not performing my best without the office cattiness.

Ouch! That does sound bitchy. I take it they don't know at work then? When do you plan to tell people? Hopefully when they find out they will feel bad for talking negatively about you.

God some women are horrible! Poor you for feeling sick- I found eating ice pops quite refreshing when I had mine. Are you vomiting or just feeling nauseous? Do you find eating anything in particular helps?

Bloody hell bobster, you take it easy. Hope you filled in an incident form!
Must be so reassuring to feel the movement and have the Doppler to confirm.

DH did like his card thanks, it was a small blank simple one I bought in the end and copied a small poem from the Internet inside, he liked it and I got all emotional while he read it :blush:

Otherwise, no news here- been slightly crampy and bump has certainly popped over the the weekend. People at work know now which is nice.

When do you next have an appointment, 24 weeks? I'm on the countdown to my 20 week scan- hurry up!

Sounds like you work with some bitches Mlm! Once they find out I hope they are super nice to you.

I tell you what ladies, this is why it's awesome work mostly with guys! None of this cattiness, and they have been super sweet and checking on me lots since I announced. The even feign afraidness of me and do daily "mood checks" while backing away slowly. LOL, it's been pretty fun.

MLM, I do hope they feel kinda like jerks for it later. and that you feel better soon.

Jane, How are you feeling with the bump out? It is weird when you start feeling less graceful, and I was hardly graceful to begin with.

Bobster, take it easy and get lots of fluid in case that jerking/twitching you did strained any muscles.

Yes next appointment at 24 weeks with midwife. Other half got a bit tipsy yesterday with his dad so I suggested the private scan while he was all soft and vulnerable (mwahahaha) and he agreed!!! Its 120 though at the place I want it but I think it will be worth it.

What dates your 20 week one again Jane? Early July isn't it? I can't wait to see your pics, I'm so excited for you! Glad work know now... did they guess or did you tell them?

Mack you must be huge now! I bet its hard work carrying around a nearly fully baked bun :) I hope you're taking it easy and not working too hard at home. Are you nervous about everything?

MLM can't believe you are already 7+2- can't wait to see the progression in your scan pics.

Jane and mlm do you plan to reduce your hours before you go off on maternity leave? I'm finding 37.5 hours quite tough at the moment so thinking of dropping my hours down to 30 until I go off at 36 weeks but not sure.

Well, I manage a retail bank branch, so there is no option to reduce hours in this position. Its always over 40 hours for me right now, ugh. I think I want to step down to a less stressful position at some point though. DH was so sweet the other day and said he wants to do really well at work so that I can be a stay at home mom. I'm not sure i want to do that, but the thought was nice.

Aww bless your hubby- he sounds great. I'm with you though I wouldn't want to fully rely on someone else financially. Also it would be hard just having baby talk all day long... I think stepping down sounds like a good plan. Do you think it would be easy to move up again when you were ready though?

Seen the most gorgeous bedding set today that I have to have. Its a bit on the pricey side but its adorable! Hope the link works..

https://www.mamasandpapas.com/product-timbuktales-bumper/7155d5300/type-i/

I can't really cut back on hours either MLM, but working from home a few days a week has been a blessing. If I take time off before the baby, it eats into my time after he gets here so I'm going to make it as long as I can!

I'm starting to get really anxious for my scan on Friday, and I'm really bummed DH is out of town this week (his last biz trip til Sept or later) cause I will have to possibly deal with the news that baby is still breech and will have to be sched for a section on my own. Not so worried about the actual procedure. I've just had a hard time recovering from surgery in the past that was much more minor, and I can barely take any pain meds which you need after a csection. Sigh.

I heard that after they turn you have to pee a lot more bc their head is lower and on the bladder. That hasn't happened and it doesn't feel firmer in my lower bump like his head is there. I got excited for a few days because the movement feels higher up, but now I'm thinking it's just his hands hitting my ribs and his legs are too confined, or are up by his head, so I'm not feeling movement down low anymore.

Sorry for the big whine. I have just remained hopeful but that has completely left me today

Bobster, what's the name of the bedding set?

Hey ladies,

Haha bobster, that's so scheming of you asking when he was tipsy but I love it! When have you got it booked for, will you ask for the sex? My scan is 12th July.

I told a couple of people at work and it's spread like wildfire around the office. There is a really popular girl there who is 33 weeks pregnant, she is so slim and shows of her perfect cute bump in tight stretchy dresses- unfortunately I've always been body conscious so never wear anything too stretchy or tight so my newly popped bump is still hidden under loose tops.

Don't think I will reduce hours unless health means I really have too- I'm a desk based scientist so sitting on my arse all day. Is 4 weeks the standard time to take off before your due date bobster? I am assuming it was but didn't know for sure.

Mlm, that's lovely DH would like you to give you the opportunity to be a stay at home mum. DH told me not to worry about money, so in that case I will take my full year off.

What fruit are you tomorrow bobster? I think I'm an onion next.

Jane, I'm so glad the news is out. It's more fun when people know and you don't feel like you're hiding something. And I'm the same way with clothes, especially since I know not all the weight I've put on is baby weight. Feeling better that I look more prego than tent-like in my tunic tops lately though!

Ah the bedding is cute bobster, love the tiger in the boat- looks like my cat.

Mackjess, sucks that DH is out of town, I'm really hopeful that Finn has turned for you but sounds like deep down you already know he hasn't. Will the decision for a c section definitely be made on Friday or can you wait a little longer?

They will schedule it on Friday just so they know they'll have time for me in the 41 week range. Of course if he turns by then (fingers crossed), the procedure will be cancelled.

And to let you all know how silly I am, this whining started because of a pregnancy app I have on my phone. You get little pop ups with new info each week, and I usually love it. Today though the update was that he won't have much room to maneuver now, and the days of him doing somersaults are probably over cause he is so snug in there. I was like NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

And now I've let an app stress my day out. I'm a dork.

I'm glad my husband is not traveling the rest of my pregnancy! It's not been a good week. I'm 99.9% sure I'm worried about nothing. I had a chiro appt, went to the grocery store, then did the birthing ball after work last night and somewhere during all that (I think it started after the chiro appt) I tweaked something in my side. The baby moved a lot when I was on the ball at home, but he didn't move at all over night and today he only moves for a second if I poke/prod him. He's usually very active all day. I have a call into the OB just to see if they need to check anything. Hopefully he just wore himself out last night with all my bouncing. It is just the low movement on top of me having a sore back/side/belly that has me anxious.

Hopefully you're worried about nothing Mack, although I'm sure I would feel the same way. Have you heard back from your ob yet?

Today I am trying to remind myself that it's normal for symptoms to come and go. One week til my next scan. Grow baby grow!

Mack I'm sure its nothing to worry about. As your app said its probably hard for Finn to move much now as he's so snug. Also like the aching be down to the chiro? I've never been so not sure what its plike. Maybe its just strain from being heavily pregnant. Try not to worry.

Keep us posted as to how the ob visit goes. Hope you don't need a section.. let's hope he turns in time.

Jane glad your news is out now. Papaya's and onions- not the most exciting fruits/veggies- looking forward to being a melon or a pumpkin. Although I've already gained a stone :(

Does anyone else have dry nipples? I've been putting baby oil on but no improvement grr.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back