It's finally time

Discussion in 'Baby Club' started by codegirl, Aug 26, 2009.

1. codegirl

codegirl Mom to Big E & little e

Well, Edward is almost 7 months old and I think it's finally time for me to buy a diaper bag :rofl:

I've been making due with backpacks but they really don't hold everything well, it's just all piled in there. And I find them hard to use when I use the sling and that's my most popular way of carrying Edward.

I was wondering if anyone has a diaper bag that they are in LOVE with? It might be better to get answers from Canadian/US mommies cause I don't know if I can get bags from the UK or if the shipping would put it out of my price range.

I also use cloth diapers so I need a bit more diaper room but I bf so I don't really need a lot of feeding supplies.

All opinions welcome!!

Thanks!

2. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

I use the Nestle bag (its a small backpack :rofl:) Stan and I usually have 2 of them, one for her diapers, change of clothes etc. and another for her food stuff. If we aren't going to be out during a meal time than we just take the one. We've found it more convenient to use a backpack(s) with the umbrella stroller.

3. codegirl

The Nestle one is one of the two I use. I use it for short outings and then I have a BIG backpack for longer outings. I just find the backpacks really hard to use with a ring sling and I use the sling a lot.

4. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

ahh Hannah's usually in her stroller or walking now so that does make a difference.
    I do advise not to buy the Walmart ones, the one I had from there fell apart quickly!

5. nataliecn

nataliecn Mommy to Grady and WTT!

I got one from Walmart! LOL.
    It is brown, and has like, checkers on it sorta. I can't describe well. It matches one of the playpen, stroller, car seat sets...
    I love it! It's nice a big.
    We can pack lots of clothes, diapers, wipes, etc. We can pack him up for a weekend in it. Minus his bottles!

6. Vickie

Vickie Hannah & Rhys <3

We got Hannah a Winnie the Pooh one and it had fallen apart by Christmas!

7. codegirl

8. emily

emily Well-Known Member

I have this one http://www.ju-ju-be.com/beall.html and i love it! Its not to huge, fits everything i need, and is fun to look at! My friend has it as well and loves it

9. Hope22

Hope22 Mom of 1 beautiful boy

I have a Nestle backpack, as well as a couple of tote-style diaper bags, but I'm thinking of buying another - I find that when we're out I always want more room than we have and sometimes end up packing two bags (one for diapers, wipes, cream etc. and another for food/snacks, toys, blanket, change of clothes).

I'd recommend getting a fairly large sized bag, and a good quality one because you'll use it for quite a long time. It doesn't need to be a diaper bag necessarily, just something sturdy with a few pockets. Give yourself enough room to carry a blanket, an outfit (in case LO spits up or gets filthy), a favourite toy(s), container(s) of food or snacks, water bottle, as well as diapers, wipes and cream. Mine doubles as a purse so I need room for wallet, keys etc. as well. I swear, sometimes it feels like I'm carrying around a miniature version of home - nearly everything I pack is 'just in case...' :)