Its June!!!!! 20 week scan next month!!! Whos with me?

The 20 week scan is so in depth, i know beforehand I will be a wreck, the same as i was for my 12 week scan but at the moment I am still on the countdown! lol x

Hi ladies, how are you all? I think time has stood still at the moment, next Saturday is my half way point, Its taken forever! Im also getting nervous about my 20 week scan, baby seemed well formed in my gender scan but I can't help but worry. Also concerned they will say I'm having a girl!!

Are you feeling any better scally? X

Im feeling the same as you Kellie. Im excited but also bricking it about 20 week scan, also had visions that my little lady has grown a winky! :shock: (maybe I shouldn't of brought pink clothes already). Must feel nice to be at midway point, im 17 days off from being halfway and I cant wait. When is your scan Kellie? Im on phone so cant look at front page till I post this.
A few random Q from me for discussion: Do you recon its ok to home dye your hair? Are you feeling any little movements yet? Are your dreams as horrid and twisted as mine!? Lol. I punched DH in arm this morning as I had such a real dream where he said he didnt want anything to do with me or baby because of a girl on FB! Couldnt sleep again afterwards :nope: xx

Im feeling the same as you Kellie. Im excited but also bricking it about 20 week scan, also had visions that my little lady has grown a winky! :shock: (maybe I shouldn't of brought pink clothes already). Must feel nice to be at midway point, im 17 days off from being halfway and I cant wait. When is your scan Kellie? Im on phone so cant look at front page till I post this.
A few random Q from me for discussion: Do you recon its ok to home dye your hair? Are you feeling any little movements yet? Are your dreams as horrid and twisted as mine!? Lol. I punched DH in arm this morning as I had such a real dream where he said he didnt want anything to do with me or baby because of a girl on FB! Couldnt sleep again afterwards :nope: xx

Hehe, see I keep thinking maybe it was the cord between baby's legs, doubtful from my pictures but I still think it could be possible! Your can def looks all girl to me, I have brought a few bits too but fortunately it's all summer stuff in the shops so we can't buy too much. My scan is the 5th July, again a late one at 3.20. I'm not sure about dying hair, I always have highlights so it's safe as the bleach never touches my scalp. I think you would be best talking to a hairdresser though I'm sure that it's the first trimester that you have to be careful. I was going to ask about movements, I have a couple of days where I feel lots of tapping from 5 til about 9pm and then nothing for around 5 days. Im so glad I have my Doppler to check in on those quiet days. Baby is near my belly button now, can't wait to feel those big movements! I haven't had any weird dreams yet, though I just finished fifty shades of grey this morning, so don't mind some christian grey dreams! :haha: xx

Hey kellie! I am feeling alot better thank u, still a little odd, but so much better, seems to be a 48 hour thing thankfully! I am intrigued about 50 shades of grey.... might have to buy!
Inoue- Oh yes i have very disturbing dreams, i wake up very cross with my OH sometimes as he has had an affair in my sleep! As kellie said i would check with a hairdresser about the hair dye. I have felt movements but not consistently, some days i get lots, and others none. Thankfully i have a doppler to check too x

:haha:, glad im not the only one waking up hating my DH for a second! Your lucky Kellie! Im also gettting movements but happen probably every other day. I usually get them when im laying on my side ready to sleep but i did feel LO today when sat downstairs. Such a wierd and wonderful feeling ~ im more excited for when the proper kicks start :).
Im probably leave off dying hair, i cant afford salon so would be home use. Ive heard horror stories of blonde dye going more ginge and brown go more red so i may leave it untill day after labour! lol. Just hate feeling and looking like a mess x

I heard that about hair dye that your hair can react to it differently and go a totally different colour! I wish i could dye mine, this baby is making me grey already! I first noticed a grey hair when i first got pregnant and now they are multiplying! x

Wow, I must be a lot older then you girls, I had my first grey hair at 16, though since having Luke it has sped up a lot, that's why I keep my hair blonde, It hides te huge amount of grey hair I have! My hairdresser did warn me about the effect pregnancy has on hair colour, although I'm banned by dh from ever dying my hair at home again. The past 2 times I decided to go back to dark I ended up ginger and it cost so much to put right professionally again!

Glad to hear you are better scally, it's really scary when faced with something like that, especially when you have a toddler to look after x

Wow, I must be a lot older then you girls, I had my first grey hair at 16, though since having Luke it has sped up a lot, that's why I keep my hair blonde, It hides te huge amount of grey hair I have! My hairdresser did warn me about the effect pregnancy has on hair colour, although I'm banned by dh from ever dying my hair at home again. The past 2 times I decided to go back to dark I ended up ginger and it cost so much to put right professionally again!

Glad to hear you are better scally, it's really scary when faced with something like that, especially when you have a toddler to look after x

Oh dear to your hair dying! I doubt you are older than me I am sure I am classed as a "mature mother" haha!

Thank you, it hasnt been pleasant, I am mostly ok, but struggle driving as it makes me feel so ill afterwards!

Hows everyone getting on? A week today I have my scan!!!! woohoo!

I have got to go for my GD test on Thursday, I really really dont want it, I hate blood tests and now I have to have two! I always have sugar in my urine, always, from when i can remember, and I have had sooooo many diabetes tests but never had it. But of course the MW want to be thorough, wish i had the guts to refuse it!

x

Ooooooh Beankeeper how did the scan go? And destynibaby?

Morri has hers today- good luck!!!!!

x

1eighty- when are you hoping to move and where? x

We've got a few prospective dates lined up, 2 in August, 6 in September. The last date in September puts me at 32 weeks dead on and is pretty much the latest I can travel with one of the two airlines we're going with. If it weren't for the cats we'd be booked and packing already :p but they are part of our little family too and we're not leaving them behind. Animals are as much of a commitment as kids imho, not just for picking up and putting down at one's convenience. Besides, they're awesome entertainment value.

We'll be moving from living with his parents to living with my mum :p she doesn't use the upstairs of her house (North-East of Scotland, near a little place called Elgin) so we'll just squat there until we can get a place of our own sorted out, or at least until we know where we're going next... we might be able to move to Malta at some point, it all depends on jobs, really.

Just started with the OJ craving, and bump is more pronounced (though still looks like pudge to me). I would really like my 20w scan sooner than it's been booked for, but DH refuses to change it :p prolly for the best, le sigh.

How is everyone?

1eighty- when are you hoping to move and where? x

We've got a few prospective dates lined up, 2 in August, 6 in September. The last date in September puts me at 32 weeks dead on and is pretty much the latest I can travel with one of the two airlines we're going with. If it weren't for the cats we'd be booked and packing already :p but they are part of our little family too and we're not leaving them behind. Animals are as much of a commitment as kids imho, not just for picking up and putting down at one's convenience. Besides, they're awesome entertainment value.

We'll be moving from living with his parents to living with my mum :p she doesn't use the upstairs of her house (North-East of Scotland, near a little place called Elgin) so we'll just squat there until we can get a place of our own sorted out, or at least until we know where we're going next... we might be able to move to Malta at some point, it all depends on jobs, really.

Just started with the OJ craving, and bump is more pronounced (though still looks like pudge to me). I would really like my 20w scan sooner than it's been booked for, but DH refuses to change it :p prolly for the best, le sigh.

How is everyone?

My gosh thats a lot to sort out! And perhaps Malta too, wow!

Ewww to OJ cant go near it at the moment! Mine still looks like pudge ish, i cant believe how big i look all round, i have put on a stone which probably doesnt help!

So long to wait for 20 week scan, I am so desperate for mine now! I am making lots of plans for afterwards eg what shops I want to visit as they have nice gender specific clothing! haha!

x

bet you are all soooo excited for your scans!!
i just looked at john lewis online and omg their clothes are beautiful!! pretty expensive but for the odd outfit they are gorgeous! i have treated my little princess to a few nice outfits in 6 months sort of size as all i really have is all in ones for the first few months!

i am looking a lot rounder these days.. it mostly looks like a baby bump but depends how i'm sitting and what i've eaten! i've put on 13lbs which i don't know if that's too much and i don't see my midwife for another 2 weeks! they don't tend to weigh you here in the UK so i didn't know for a long time i had even put any weight on as i don't have scales! snook onto my MIL's and got the shock of my life haha!!!

bet you are all soooo excited for your scans!!
i just looked at john lewis online and omg their clothes are beautiful!! pretty expensive but for the odd outfit they are gorgeous! i have treated my little princess to a few nice outfits in 6 months sort of size as all i really have is all in ones for the first few months!

i am looking a lot rounder these days.. it mostly looks like a baby bump but depends how i'm sitting and what i've eaten! i've put on 13lbs which i don't know if that's too much and i don't see my midwife for another 2 weeks! they don't tend to weigh you here in the UK so i didn't know for a long time i had even put any weight on as i don't have scales! snook onto my MIL's and got the shock of my life haha!!!

Oooooh will have a look at John Lewis! I am planning on getting little outfits for about 3 months onwards, and mainly little all in ones or easy trousers and top for before.

I worried so much about my weight earlier on in the pregnancy but now i dont mind- I am going to try and keep to a 2 and a half stone gain for the whole pregnancy as thats what i put on with my daughter and i lost it in about 6 weeks!

x

Hi girls

I have my scan on the 4th July seems so far away, can't wait and we not told anyone yet lol telling my boys once I have my 20 week scan x

Welcome to the wait to the ladies that have joined :D

Hope all is well with you all. This weeks been full of the flu for me and my OH so weve been sleeping most of it away! On a plus side, its made this week go faster! 10 days until my 20 week scan!

Welcome loob53- welcome to the wait, not long now! wow you havent told anyone???!!!

sarahcake- sorry to hear you have been poorly, must be horrible whilst pregnant as cant dose up! woohoo 10 days!!!!

x

Welcome loob53- welcome to the wait, not long now! wow you havent told anyone???!!!

sarahcake- sorry to hear you have been poorly, must be horrible whilst pregnant as cant dose up! woohoo 10 days!!!!

x

Yeah its not been nice, some decongestant would have been greatly appreciated! But, hot juice - like hot orange squash and paracetamol has actually been a god send for the sore throat and headachey aspects, Cant recommend that enough!

10 days!! the last week really has flown by, I cant believe im 18+4 already! seems like yesterday I was obsessively checking to see if my fruit ticker had dinged to a sweet potato haha!

Hope you are well Scally?

I am good thank you sarahcake, thinking the vertigo is coming to an end now, day to day i am fine now, but still finding driving a struggle.

Looking back time has gone so fast but the days seem to pass painfully slow! I am trying to work out if time will go faster once i find out the sex then i can shop to pass the time! haha x

Glad to hear that the vertigo is hopefully ending now, can imagine thats not too nice for you :(

A week left for you now isnt it? So exciting! As the time draws nearer do you find yourself having any preferences or are previous preferences changing? I always said I didnt have a preference, I didnt care as long as baby is healthy but I sway from side to side every other day now! Currently, I think a boy would be lovely!

Ooo shopping, Cant wait to do this. Currently, our friend has gone baby mad and bought a tonne of stuff but she wont tell us what shes got...shes demanding to know the sex so she can buy more but I want to be the one buying outfits + things so were debating not telling anyone the sex now.

Sorry that went a little ranty didnt it!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->