Its June!!!!! 20 week scan next month!!! Whos with me?

Scrap my last post..... 3 DAYS until my gender scan!!!!

Ashamed to say I have given in and am booked with babybond for Saturday afternoon :)

I have a private gender scan on 3rd July and my anomaly scan on 31st July xx

23 days to go...driving myself slightly insane now! I must know now....!

Hey everyone, congratulations on all the scans so far!

I'm soooooo fed up at the moment. Still have morning and dinner sickness, the hip pain at night has started, still can't really feel baby moving much, bump is huge and quite sore and achy it's never going to stop raining and I still have 23 days to find out the gender!

Waa, sorry I'm in a moany mood today. Think it's to match the weather! hope everyone else is well, and that scally had a good holiday x

You have every right to moan hun! Sickness sounds so bad!

BUT YAY for scan in 3 days time!!!!!! You needed cheering up!

I had a great holiday thank you, very wet and soggy but still had a great time!

x

Welcome Toots4 to the wait!

Sarahcake- i know what you mean I am going slightly insane too! x

haha kellie i think we are all as impatient as eachother! but it definitely sounds as though you deserve a treat :)

looking forward to finding out what you are all having!

Scrap my last post..... 3 DAYS until my gender scan!!!!

Ashamed to say I have given in and am booked with babybond for Saturday afternoon :)

Im also with babybond on saturday!! Were scan buddies!! :haha:

Just had my 16 week midwife check and all ok, was in and out quick so im pleased! Xx

Thanks time, I'm so impatient with everything, third tri in my last pregnancy was awful as I had to be patient, nothing can make those dragging days go any faster. Hoping to join you on team pink!

Hurray, I have a scan buddy as well as a hospital buddy! What time is your scan inoue? 16 week appointment is always such a let down, in and out so quick after looking forward to it for weeks! Scally, are you going to give in to a earlier gender scan? X

I keep trying to convince OH to an earlier scan be he is having none of it!
I havent had my 16 week appointment yet, the MW only come to my local gp once a fortnight, so tried to make an appointment for next wed and she is fully booked already! I am going to Harwich hospital this afternoon for a debriefing of Izzy's labour and what went wrong and what we can do this time so I am going to ask if they can quickly do a 16 week appointment too whilst I'm there! Otherwise its a 25 mile round trip to go another time!

x

Hurray, I have a scan buddy as well as a hospital buddy! What time is your scan inoue? 16 week appointment is always such a let down, in and out so quick after looking forward to it for weeks!

Mines at 4:10pm in Peterborough Kiddicare centre. Cant wait to see LO again, and hopefully find out what im carrying - if the baby plays ball! Im thinking its a boy and will be very shocked if they say girl! :haha: x

my 19 to 22 week scan is at 25th of June.

Starting to get jealous of all you ladies finding out!! We're staying team yellow but I do really want to know! But I also want it to be a surprise... Hmm!

I've got my mw appt Friday, did you guys get to hear the hb? Xx

I have an appointment with my doc near my birthday, so 22nd/25th June, he has an U/S in his room and we'll hopefully find out the sex then.

My 20w anomaly scan is on the 11th July!

Welcome to the wait morri and 1eighty- i have added you to the list on the first post.

pops23- I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and did get to here the heartbeat, baby was very stubborn at first so she did it again before i left.

I had a birth choices appointment yesterday too and now my brain is fried, can i run it past u ladies?
I had it in my head that i would have an ELCS this time after an emergency one last time, but the MW i saw was very pro VBAC and said I was favourable for a VBAC because it was down to the position my daughter was in rather than my body (she was sunny side up, nose first and hand up by her head!) But I am so unsure I cannot go through what I went through last time- labour for about 14 hours, followed by her being resuscitated twice after a c section, then both of us with infections, me with bladder trauma, and I was so poorly with my infection I had to give up breastfeeding and i was poorly for about 6 weeks. (The main reason for all the trauma was her being so far down the birth canal and have to be pushed back up again). If i go for an ELCS I know what to expect and wont get the trauma i experienced last time, (although might still lose alot of blood like last time and get an infection) but the recovery for a VBAC is so much quicker, but what happens if it goes wrong again and I end up with another EMCS?

Sorry for all that, I hope you dont mind me asking, i feel so torn! What do you think?

x

Welcome to the wait morri and 1eighty- i have added you to the list on the first post.

pops23- I had my 16 week appointment yesterday and did get to here the heartbeat, baby was very stubborn at first so she did it again before i left.

I had a birth choices appointment yesterday too and now my brain is fried, can i run it past u ladies?
I had it in my head that i would have an ELCS this time after an emergency one last time, but the MW i saw was very pro VBAC and said I was favourable for a VBAC because it was down to the position my daughter was in rather than my body (she was sunny side up, nose first and hand up by her head!) But I am so unsure I cannot go through what I went through last time- labour for about 14 hours, followed by her being resuscitated twice after a c section, then both of us with infections, me with bladder trauma, and I was so poorly with my infection I had to give up breastfeeding and i was poorly for about 6 weeks. (The main reason for all the trauma was her being so far down the birth canal and have to be pushed back up again). If i go for an ELCS I know what to expect and wont get the trauma i experienced last time, (although might still lose alot of blood like last time and get an infection) but the recovery for a VBAC is so much quicker, but what happens if it goes wrong again and I end up with another EMCS?

Sorry for all that, I hope you dont mind me asking, i feel so torn! What do you think?

x

Wow scally, your birth was horrendous. No wonder your brain is fried :hugs: Luke came out in a unusual position, we both had loads of problems and he was ill in scbu from their mistakes during birth and when I discussed with my midwife she said it was very unusual for babies to come out that way and is very unlikely to happen again. I guess that's the way of looking at it for you, chances are next baby will be in a better position and will come out fine and your birth will be straight forward. I don't really know what to say about emcs as I have never experienced one, it's a hard situation to be in for you and I wish I could help more. I have been offered to go through my labour notes and to discuss what went wrong for us, but I have turned it down. I know it was a epidural that caused everything to go wrong for us and this time I am determined that everything will be fine, I am going to push this baby out on gas and air. Did they give you any recommendations yesterday? X

x

Wow scally, your birth was horrendous. No wonder your brain is fried :hugs: Luke came out in a unusual position, we both had loads of problems and he was ill in scbu from their mistakes during birth and when I discussed with my midwife she said it was very unusual for babies to come out that way and is very unlikely to happen again. I guess that's the way of looking at it for you, chances are next baby will be in a better position and will come out fine and your birth will be straight forward. I don't really know what to say about emcs as I have never experienced one, it's a hard situation to be in for you and I wish I could help more. I have been offered to go through my labour notes and to discuss what went wrong for us, but I have turned it down. I know it was a epidural that caused everything to go wrong for us and this time I am determined that everything will be fine, I am going to push this baby out on gas and air. Did they give you any recommendations yesterday? X

Oh gosh yours was in an awkward position too, what is it with these naughty babies not doing what they are supposed to do??!! lol. Can i ask why the epidural made yours worse?
The recommendations for possible VBAC would be constant monitoring of me and baby (in case of rupture) and if the baby got itself into an awkward position or any other problems they wont leave me as long as last time it would be straight to theatre. I think I have to keep positive and go for a VBAC providing everything with the pregnancy stays healthy, but i am seeing a consultant at 36 weeks to discuss again as I am a little worried about my scar, it is bigger than most- they said they had to cut me more because of her position and when i asked the MW whether this affects the chances of rupture she glossed over it!
x

Its such a hard decision that especially after the trauma of last time, the midwife doesnt sound like she was much help just glossing over it! I suppose a lot of it they can gauge the risk by the way the baby ends up laying but that wont be for a bit yet so i suppose in your head you would want to know before to saves you the worry or stress!

I got a letter off the hospital today to say my bloods show im not rubella immune so i must NOT go near anyone with suspected mumps, measles, or german measles. Im gonna be so scared of everyone!

Oh no lambchops about you not being rubella immune! Do you have hand sanitiser? Literally apply all the time when you are out about! Not sure how they are all passed around but worth a shot. i use mine alot after cashpoints, after handling money, i have some at work i use alot after serving customers, I even wipe it down tescos trolleys etc! x

Oh no lambchops about you not being rubella immune! Do you have hand sanitiser? Literally apply all the time when you are out about! Not sure how they are all passed around but worth a shot. i use mine alot after cashpoints, after handling money, i have some at work i use alot after serving customers, I even wipe it down tescos trolleys etc! x

My mum said she isnt either, she said she got told the same pregnant with my sister and then had the MMR after her then on checking again they said she still wasnt immune. She said i will of had the immunisation at some point but maybe it just hasnt took like hers. I wish sick people wore badges now i'll be afraid of everyone haha im deffo going to invest in some hand sanitiser, i work with the public too so god help me!! :dohh:

You would hope if people/kids were ill with mumps, german measles or measles they wont be out in public, but thats not always a guarantee, where do you work? Get lots of hand sanitiser! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->