Its June!!!!! 20 week scan next month!!! Whos with me?

I work for a bank so i come into contact with allsorts ha, people are forever bringing their sick kids in, and im bad enough normally. Ive never had chicken pox ever and the other month some lady was like aw ive brought him in cos he's off school with chicken pox and i was like niiiiiice, get away from me!!

grrrrr, you feel like spraying some dettol at them! I get it in the shop, ask someone how they are, and they tell you about their rather unpleasant tummy bug etc etc, i dont even wait for them to leave, i stand there sanitising my hands! x

Haha thats the worst isnt it when youve had someone all about you, talking and breathing on you then they tell you something like that and youre like 'rahhhh go away now!!' in your head! im like aww *hold breath* mmm'in and nodding till i can leave the situation! and now im pregnant im even worse, deffo going to be on measles watch for the next 5 months!

Scally: I think what has been recommended is good, try your best for vbac, but at least you can be mentally prepared that you may have to go emcs again. It's good to see this time you will be constantly monitored and they should act quicker so things do go more smoothly for you. It's still scary though isn't it as you just don't know what to expect in childbirth. Wouldn't it be amazing to just have one of these simple births like you see on one born every minute? I remember this girl who had a water birth, she looked all stunning in her bikini with her hair all up and had the easiest birth and looked fabulous after too. That's what I want!! My epidural was a disaster, Luke was back to back an the pain was unbelievable. My midwife highly recommended a epidural which I said in my birth plan no way but I took her advice and accepted it. It did nothing for ages, so they upped the strength until I was completely numb from the waist down. Was lovely to not be in pain, but I could feel nothing when it came to push and ended up with ventouse and forceps. As he was in the wrong position, Luke came out forehead first, instead of his head being tucked in so the ventouse cap tore open his head open as it was placed on the wrong part of the head. The cut got infected, he ended up in scbu where they struggled to bring the infection level down, was awful seeing my tiny baby boy suffering as I had given in to the pain. I still blame myself now. He wouldn't breastfeed as he was so distressed and in pain so I failed at that too. I had a episitomy and also tore, and the catheter damaged my bladder, I couldn't wee and had urine retention to the point my bladder nearly burst. So definitely no epidural for me this time, I can't put another baby through that!

How long did it take for you to recover from your c section? Just curious as I was cut and stitched so much the pain after was horrendous, walking, sitting, laying... It was constant, tmi but felt like a tampon of barbed wire. When I was in scbu, there was another lady who had a section the same day I gave birth and she was nearly recovered and in no pain while I was still hobbling and in agony. Was she just lucky? I know yours was different as you had a awful time but how long before the pain let's up?

Lambchop, sorry to hear about you not being immune to rubella, what a worry. Are you behind a plastic screen in the bank you work? If so least it's a bit of protection against the public. I loved my hand sanitized when I worked in a shop, inside people's sweaty phones.... Eewww! But as scally said, that kind of illness, people should stay at home x

Scally: I think what has been recommended is good, try your best for vbac, but at least you can be mentally prepared that you may have to go emcs again. It's good to see this time you will be constantly monitored and they should act quicker so things do go more smoothly for you. It's still scary though isn't it as you just don't know what to expect in childbirth. Wouldn't it be amazing to just have one of these simple births like you see on one born every minute? I remember this girl who had a water birth, she looked all stunning in her bikini with her hair all up and had the easiest birth and looked fabulous after too. That's what I want!! My epidural was a disaster, Luke was back to back an the pain was unbelievable. My midwife highly recommended a epidural which I said in my birth plan no way but I took her advice and accepted it. It did nothing for ages, so they upped the strength until I was completely numb from the waist down. Was lovely to not be in pain, but I could feel nothing when it came to push and ended up with ventouse and forceps. As he was in the wrong position, Luke came out forehead first, instead of his head being tucked in so the ventouse cap tore open his head open as it was placed on the wrong part of the head. The cut got infected, he ended up in scbu where they struggled to bring the infection level down, was awful seeing my tiny baby boy suffering as I had given in to the pain. I still blame myself now. He wouldn't breastfeed as he was so distressed and in pain so I failed at that too. I had a episitomy and also tore, and the catheter damaged my bladder, I couldn't wee and had urine retention to the point my bladder nearly burst. So definitely no epidural for me this time, I can't put another baby through that!

How long did it take for you to recover from your c section? Just curious as I was cut and stitched so much the pain after was horrendous, walking, sitting, laying... It was constant, tmi but felt like a tampon of barbed wire. When I was in scbu, there was another lady who had a section the same day I gave birth and she was nearly recovered and in no pain while I was still hobbling and in agony. Was she just lucky? I know yours was different as you had a awful time but how long before the pain let's up?

Lambchop, sorry to hear about you not being immune to rubella, what a worry. Are you behind a plastic screen in the bank you work? If so least it's a bit of protection against the public. I loved my hand sanitized when I worked in a shop, inside people's sweaty phones.... Eewww! But as scally said, that kind of illness, people should stay at home x

Gosh your birth sounds horrendous too! I honestly think they do ventouse/forceps when they really should be doing a c section, i think the ventouse on Izzys head (again wrong part of head because of her position) caused alot of her problems when she was a baby. I am tempted to refuse them this time, if the baby is stuck I want a c section.
The pain of the c section I got over very quickly- i was up the next day showering and yes it was painful but as long as I took the pain killers they recommended I was fine, and within a week i was walking to the shops etc, mind u the drive home from the hospital i remember being agony! That was the worst pain i felt with it. The scar and that healed great it was all the other complications that took ages!
x

i am also not immune to rubella, despite having the vaccine a few years ago! My midwife told me that a lot of women just never accept the vaccine, and so even when i have it after birth i will probably still not be immune!!!

i am seriously stressing out about it as i own a shop and work there full time, we get all sorts of sick people in and the other day a woman brought her little girl in with chicken pox, which apparently is really dangerous for pregnant women if you are not immune to rubella!!! I stood way back and wapped out the hand sanitiser (have a massive bottle under the counter, along with room spray for the customers who stink haha)

Sicky people suck :(. I work in Dental and the amount of pt's we get that are coughing there lungs up and have coldsore, Hepititis, etc etc its a nightmare! Im contantly using Hibi solution to disinfect myself.

On a side note: 1 day till my 16w scan :happydance: x

Aww is this a private scan or a hospital one? ive got my twin clinics first appt next wedand im hoping i get a lil scan there too cant wait to see them again!

Im paying for a private scan :blush:. I really wanted to see LO again, the HB is SO clear now on the doppler, baby must be having a huge growth spurt. Congrats on your twins! Next Wednesday will fly by :happydance: x

Aw so are you going to try find out what youre having? isnt it 16weeks when you can? I wish i could have a lil scan every week i love them!

Yeh, were going to find out. Im 99.9% sure its a boy and will be very suprised if they say girl :haha:. Ill be near 17 weeks when i have scan on Saturday but private clinics will see you for gender scan from 16 weeks till 22 weeks. So exciting! x

Hehe 1 day scan buddy!!!! I'm so so excited! I was sure I was team pink, but now I am thinking I'm blue for the second time. I can't wait, shopping to do after! X

It is! Me and OH decided we werent going to find out but now weve been shopping and seen some bits and we want to be able to start getting some cute bits he said we can find out if i want so im half undecided. I want to know, but i dont, so we might find out but keep it secret.

Not long for your scans now Inoue and kellie-w! What time are they? How exciting! I am working tomorrow but will see if I can have a sneaky peak on here during the day on my phone!
I hope you got fun things planned after your scan kellie and not painting like the last one! Shop shop shop? x

Just another day to get through kellie!! God I hope work goes quick :p. My appt is at 4:10pm so probably get home about 5:30-6 to post news - as my scan is in the kiddicare centre I think I will just have to buy a little blue or pink suit :happydance: x

i think a little shopping afterwards is in order Inoue! x

Hey girls.... Arggggggg tomorrow!!!!!!

Yes, I am so excited! Mines at 3.10, I wanted as early as possible but this was the only one available so tomorrow is going to be a long day! How did you guess scally?! Shopping it will be though oh has said no, he will soon change his mind. As much as I badly want a girl, I have accepted now that baby prob is a boy, that feeling is getting stronger which means I'll be off to h&m to buy little jeans! 16 days for you to wait, it's coming round quick now!

Be watching for your update inoue! I'll update on my phone when I'm out xxx

Are you having the scan done in Chelmsford? I had one done in the last pregnancy with Babybond there and they were fantastic! You definitely need to go shopping whether its a boy or girl, stuff the OH he can stay in the car! lol x

Yes it's at babybond, we went there last time also and although the scan pictures weren't great and they didn't show us the 4d freeview as they couldn't get baby's face they were right about the gender so that's all that matters! Going to try my luck for a lakeside visit after :) x

oooooh Lakeside visit after sounds like an AMAZING idea, all open late so you can shop loads and then have a Burger King when you are feeling tired! hahaha! x

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->