its ramadam..

BabyMamma93

Mummy of a Easter baby
Reaction score
and the guys i work with (owner and his brothers) support this as they are Muslims (i think).. let me just add, he is the owner of the business but i work for a different company in the same office for a different person IYKWIM
anyway as i work in a office its very thirsty work, and i also have a drawer full of chocolate, but i feel really tight eating or drinking in front of them, i know its their choice and their religion but.. do you think its rude that i do eat and drink while they are probably hungry and thirsty?
i dont even want to ask them if they mind me eating as we are not all really comfortable around each other (dont ask why they are all a bit.. reserved..)
i actually find my self waiting for them to go out, and they never do, and you dont understand how much i need chocolate on almost a daily basis lol

I'd eat my chocolate in the loo! x

i wont go to the loo as its in the cellar lol, im petrified of that cellar its a proper boogey man ad monsters sort of cellar LOL xx

As lovely as it is for you to be considerate i think if you do it discreetly its fine!

thats also hard when i have one in front of me, one behind me and one at the side of me, the office is almost silent so the wrapper would be noisy.. maybe ill just eat it on the way home,, im sat here itching to eat it, although i am still drinking lucozade now and a coffee on a morning x

I work in Nandos so constantly surrounded by food and drinks and I work with 2 Muslims who are currently fasting, so must be harder for them but they don't mind at all, so long as your not sat there saying how amazing your food is rubbing it in there faces. I ask them about it quite often as I find religions fascinating and they're happy to chat about it.

I don't think they would mind. Obviously, they are probably hungry, but I'm sure they don't expect everyone to follow what they do or to go out of their way to accommodate their fasting. It's not your beliefs, so I don't think its "rude" to go on as you normally do with snacking and drinking at work. Rubbing it in their face how amazing the piece of candy you are eating is, that would be rude. But just carrying on with your typical daily routine, which includes snacking and drinking coffee, etc, that's not rude.

Unwrap the chocolate, break it into pieces and wrap it in kitchen roll. Then you can have a sneaky bit whilst pretending to scratch your nose! I do this with my kids!

I don't think they'd mind at all, but I would feel very uncomfortable doing it openly as well.

Omg I love the kitchen roll idea, genius !! It's lovely of you to be so considerate hunni but I'm sure them walking past a restaurant rtc will have the same effect!!! I'm presuming they've been practising for years and are probably used to the hunger etc. like a PP said as long as your not rubbing thier nose in it go for it.

I'd eat it! I'm muslim and don't have a problem with people eating in front of me when I"m fasting. I'm not fasting this year as I'm breastfeeding but my husband does and I eat and drink infront of him all the time! He doesn't mind either and I've never really met anyone who does.

Just act normally hun, I'm a muslim & I live in a Muslim country, when I used to work, none Muslims used to have their coffee on their stations, it never bothered me.

When I'm not fasting (during AF), I eat infront of my husband & family at home, it doesnt bother them at all.

thanks for the replies, makes me feel much more comfortable, i think its because like ive said we arent really comfortable with each other, at my prev. job my boss there used to fast too, i used to ask him all sorts, sometimes without thinking.
i once said to him 'because you dont eat pork does that mean you dont eat pigs in blankets at christmas' OOPPSS word vomit or what!!
but i found alot out from him, like said above, they have practiced it for years, and get used to it, then imagine the people that work in takeaways, to me that would be torture, but i suppose its just everyday life to them.

HAHAHA i really love the kitchen roll idea, that actually just made me laugh..

I'm I Muslim who fasts and let me assure you, someone eating in front of me doesn't bother me in the slightest!

For example, right now I'm not fasting because I'm on my period and OH is fasting but I still eat around him and it doesn't make him feel any different to if I wasn't eating x

My neighbour is Muslim and she doesn't fast for medical reasons. She doesn't eat in front of her husband bit his parents eat in front of him ( he converted ) she thinks it's disresctful...

If I were you I'd still eat and drink .. I don't think most mind at all xx

To the Muslim ladies. Hope this isn't too personal or stupid a question but why don't you fast during af?

To the Muslim ladies. Hope this isn't too personal or stupid a question but why don't you fast during af?

I'm not Muslim, but I think it would be because during AF its viewed as an "unclean" time, so wouldn't participate in those types of religious activities while going through the "unclean" time. Historically speaking, that's how they viewed it in the Old Testament anyways. Not sure if that's correct for Muslim beliefs though.

That makes sense thanks jd. Similar to Judaism from what I remember from my A-levels x

can i ask a silly question, what is AF? what does it stand for? no doubt it will be obvious once someone tells me x

ahhh i see.. i actually thought it was 'after fertilisation' :blush: HAHA!! hmm that is quite mind boggling that fasting doesnt occur during this time..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leoniee
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->