• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Ayla123 - welcome! There are lots of fab mums in this group who are very supportive. I can't answer about the BF aspect as I FF Rebecca but I totally understand the concerns about weight gain. As long as she is making some gains, is active, alert and has plenty of wet nappies I'm sure she is fine. It is worth speaking to the HV / GP though just to be on the safe side. Remember - some babies have to be small - it's the law of averages!

Laurn82 - fantastic weight gain and length increase!! :happydance: :happydance:

Aah thanks. I don't mind if she is just small as long as she is healthy but I just cant help worrying that I am not feeding her enough...stressful business being a mum :wacko:

Good news on baby gaining weight and length!

She was born at 6lbs 4 ounces and on her 10th week weigh in she is around 9lbs. I havent checked her length but will do at HV/GP's.

Thanks

Welcome Ayla!! :wave: I can't really help on the formula feeding subject but it sounds like she is taking in quite a bit! I wouldn't worry at all hun. Babies only eat what they need to eat. If she is getting enough wet and dirty diapers and seems all around content, there is no need for concern! A 3 pound gain in only 10 weeks time is better than what Emma did in the beginning! :haha:

Welcome Ayla!! :wave: I can't really help on the formula feeding subject but it sounds like she is taking in quite a bit! I wouldn't worry at all hun. Babies only eat what they need to eat. If she is getting enough wet and dirty diapers and seems all around content, there is no need for concern! A 3 pound gain in only 10 weeks time is better than what Emma did in the beginning! :haha:

Rebecca has put 3lb 10oz on and that's in 16 weeks so I really wouldn't worry!

Im so upset at a comment on OH's facebook ive seen today. One of his friends babies is growing fast and he commented hw well she's growing and can we borrow the manual :cry: he's always saying its fine noah is small but thats just knocked my confidence. I mean it's too Noah over 6 months to double his birth weight (he's just over 15lbs now) and he does look slim but he's so tall.

Aww :hugs::hugs: Have you talked to him about it?

Off subject but OMG I didn't know you were pregnant again?!! Congrats!! :happydance:

Thanks surprise :bfp: last week

Ive left a comment on his facebook in reply to the comment. He's on his way to work at the moment. I actually think Noah lost some weight when he started on solids.

:hugs: Maffie. I hope your OH was just joking around & wasn't thinking it or really meaning it- I don't reckon he will have realised that it would upset you, but I know what you mean about a knock to the confidence.
Noah is beautiful, healthy, happy, has gorgeous hair, bright eyes, is hitting his milestones soundly & eats well from what you've written in the Bumpkin section- please dont worry. You're an awesome mummy to him, as I am sure you will be to your new addition when he/she comes & are doing the very best for him. Try not to think about what other ppl may or may not think about your son (i know it's harder said than done) & his size; I think he's perfect... If I live 'up north' I would soooo steal him from you- something about his eyes, hair & smile just make me melt!!!! :)

Thanks flora, he said he didnt mean to offend me. I think im just sick of people saying ooh isnt he small (yes I dont have a chubby round baby) and awww whats your girls name (no its a boy just as lots of hair)

they think he's a girl???!!! bless him. i am finally getting comments like, 'wow, he's grown so much!' which is nice, but at the same time, it's like, 'well, duh, that's what babies do!'

I wouldnt worry about it too maffie, people will always have their say but you've got a gorgeous boy!! I know it does get upsetting (my baby is often referred to as a premature baby!! & they always assure me how she'll grow) but I am grateful that I have a healthy baby :)

Maffie don't worry about the girl comments. Emma is regularly called 'he' and she is usually sitting there wearing a pink dress. People are just stupid. She has very little hair so I can understand and I refuse to pierce her ears. I think it's cruel to do that to a baby so oh well. They can just think she's a boy. :rofl:

yay, glad I'm not the only one who doesn't like the idea of piercing a baby's ears :) It's one of the few things I actually have a non-budge view on when it comes to babies. let them wait till they're old enough to ask for them to be done I say. (But each to their own & every parent is different)

Yup I'm the same way! I think if she gets older and asks for them done I will allow it for like a birthday gift or something. But I'm not going to take her choice from her. It's not attractive on babies in my opinion. But again, my opinion. :) I had my ears pierced in kindergarden around 5 years old and the hole ended up growing lower and lower as my ears grew and ripped out. :shock: The doctor said he sees it happen more often than people think. I wasn't allowed to get them re-pierced until I was 16.

my mum lied to us & told us it was illegal under the age of 10 & we eblieved her. That being said, she gave in when I was 8 & because I'd had mine done, my sister put her parts on & had her's done too aged 5. As a teen i went a bit crazy & had 4 in each ear, then 2 at the top, then had my belly button & tragus done too. As an adult I let all but 1 hole, my belly button & tragus close up. I was gonna let the belly button heal over as it went all icky at about 34 weeks pregant, but I took it out & never actually closed up, so once Harry was born, I put it back in again & it's fine now.

I had my belly button and tongue pierced and a few in each ear. But I let them all close except for one in each ear. The belly button ring kept getting infected and red and just plain painful. I think my skin was trying to reject it. My tongue ring was awesome. But I took it out when I was pregnant the first time because I felt like mommies don't have tongue rings. :lol: You can still see the hole in my tongue but I can't actually get a rod through it anymore. So it's just a reminder of my younger days. :thumbup:

:rofl: Yeah but I still have the urge to get more tattoos. Gotta wait until Emma is done breastfeeding first. :D

I had my ears pierced when I was young I did ask, in fact I pestered and the guy in te shop said to mum you need to let your daughter decide not when you want it and apparently I went up to him and said excuse me I want my ears doing please. :haha:

I now just have 2 holes in ears and my tongue, the spike trough top of ear and nose came out a few years ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->