• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

here's a link to the pics the photographer took; there are tons more on facebook too, but I've yet to look at most of them, lol. https://www.everybodysmile.biz/andreasarlo/weds/index.html If you click on the 'fleur & craig @ amberley castle' link it'll take you too the pro-pics. Once I've waded through the ones all our friends took, I'll post a couple on here :)

great weight gains everyone :thumbup:

WOW, what an AMAZING setting for the wedding! Fab dress too :thumbup:I see you tossed the boquet? At the last wedding I went to I practically chased the bride round waiting for her to throw it, and she didnt! :hissy:
Ive been wondering, does everyone have percentile charts that your LO's weights are marked on? It might be useful/interesting to put pics of them on here? (at least, I love graphs so I think it might be cool :haha:).
:flower:

thanks :) I threw my sister's bouquet coz I wanted to keep mine n take pics at home next to the top tier of the cake with mine, harry's my DH's place cards in front of. (yep i'm geeky like that) :)

Got Harrybo weighed n measured today at the baby clinic & I'm so pleased!!! He now weighs (at 29+1 weeks) 15lbs 7oz, is 68.5cm in length & his head circ is 42cm. That puts him on the start line of the 9th centile now for weight :happydance: I guess the solids are working wonders for him :shrug: but either way, it's all good! :)

Logan's mumm, yep we have the graphy things. I'll see if I can take a pic, tho I'm not sure how clear it'll come out, but i will certainly try! (I like graphs & stats too)

We're off camping in Cornwall tomorrow till mon evening for DiveFest 2010, so it means surfing, diving, swimming etc & eating muchos BBQS in cold weather at night by the caravans, lol. Hopefully the weather will be nice enough for Harry to have a lil swim too, though I'm not holding much hope, what with our british weather n all. :dohh:

How's everyone doing?

Q: a friend of mine reckons smaller babies are developmentally slower than bigger babies!!!!!!! I had to really bite my tongue when she said that as I am sure this isnt true unless there are medical reasons or 'extreme' preemie situations etc... someone tell me I'm right that size does NOT relate to development speediness in 'normal' situations???!!!

Hi girls! Just wondering if i could join you guys? Reg is on 9th percentile for weight and gains usually around 3(ish) ounces a week?

Our story... Reg was born at 7lb1oz and dropped to 6lb6oz at 2 weeks and we were admitted to hospital where i was told to supplement his feeds as i was not making enough milk and he was dehydrated.. :cry: From 2 weeks, we supplemented his boob feeds with either formula or expressed milk and at about 4/5 weeks he was diagnosed with reflux :cry::cry::cry:

Each week he was gaining reasonably well despite the huge amounts of sick and was gaining 5oz roughly a week...

As you can imagine i'm pretty wired about getting him weighed regularly to make sure he is actually keeping something down..Our HVs are only letting us weigh once a month now. :growlmad: I think its because they are LAZY!! :shrug:

Hope you are all well :flower:

x

Hi all!

Florabean - your photos are gorgeous - it looks as though you had an amazing day x

Moomoo - welcome to the itty bitty club! Rebecca is also on the 9th percentile (was on 50th at birth but had bronchiolitis at 6 weeks so dropped down). She has silent reflux and feeding has been a battle ground so I understand your concerns and desire to weigh on a regular basis. We're now weighing her fortnightly - I think your HV is being lazy!!

Logan's mum - fab weight gain for Logan! I do have the chart but I'm not sure how successful I'll be taking a photo and getting it uploaded - it's not a particularly clear chart to be honest. I'll try to have a go and will upload if it works!

Hope everyone is well :flower:

WW1..Sorry to hear about Rebecca and her bronchiolitis, Reggie has what i think is that at the moment..the doctors will not give him anything for it despite him having a very loose cough/wheezing for 3 weeks!!

Hope you are all well?

X

WW1..Sorry to hear about Rebecca and her bronchiolitis, Reggie has what i think is that at the moment..the doctors will not give him anything for it despite him having a very loose cough/wheezing for 3 weeks!!

Hope you are all well?

X

Thanks, moomoo. They couldn't give Rebecca anything either. As it's a virus, all they could do was help her breathing and feeding when she needed it. It's not nice watching them in discomfort though is it?!

Good evening! Hope all your LOs are well! :hugs: I think Logan is finally in the early stages of crawling, he is commando crawling but sometimes pushes his arms up more like "normal" crawling :thumbup: Plus, he is teething! His cheeks have gone all chubby and he is a drool-monster (cant see any teeth but his gums feel really lumpy). I had already decided that once he is 1 he would start doing EVERYTHING (crawling, standing, walking, and a full set of teeth) in the first month, seems like I was right! :rofl:
Enjoy the weekend! :flower:

Good evening! Hope all your LOs are well! :hugs: I think Logan is finally in the early stages of crawling, he is commando crawling but sometimes pushes his arms up more like "normal" crawling :thumbup: Plus, he is teething! His cheeks have gone all chubby and he is a drool-monster (cant see any teeth but his gums feel really lumpy). I had already decided that once he is 1 he would start doing EVERYTHING (crawling, standing, walking, and a full set of teeth) in the first month, seems like I was right! :rofl:
Enjoy the weekend! :flower:

That's fab! I love the idea of "commando crawling" - sounds like extreme crawling!

I think Rebecca is teething as well (at 4 months :dohh:). She's dribbling loads, has rosy cheeks, has bumpy gums and is grumpy until the bonjela goes on. I thought it was too early but apparently I teethed at 3 months and it runs in families so I've only got myself to blame!

Have a fab weekend too x

by the way, Rebecca was weighed this week and has put on another 11oz in 2 weeks. The HV is happy she's following the 9th percentile line so has said not to bother getting her weighed for a month :happydance: What will I do now with my Thursday afternoons!!

so cute with the commando crawling!!! :)

great weight gain for rebecca! :happydance:

harry has another ear infection- same ear as last time. he screamed for 2hrs last night n i was a mess coz i just didnt know how i cud help other than calpol :( thismorning his ear let out a load of icky gunk & he seems soooooo much happier now. it seems like everytime we go swimming (went 3 times in cornwall last wkend~) he gets a dodgy ear.... :shrug:

how's u all?

Poor Harry. The ear infection sounds horrible. It's soul destroying when you can't help them, isn't it. Rebecca has been really off her food today (only taking 2/3 of what she normally takes). I'm pretty sure it's her teeth hurting her but there's very little I can do. She cries, I cry and DH despairs! Will be off to the docs tomorrow if no improvement.

If only we had magic wands :hugs:

Hi

I am new to this forum but its such a relief to know I am not the only one who has small baby issues and comments from others stating how small baby is, really does upset you. I started off b/f and supplemented one bottle of formula ( i was to exhuasted so needed help) and this continued for a while...baby was gaining fine (hovering around 2nd-5th percentile). However, when she reached 2 months, she refused to take the bottle so i tried to exclusively b/f - did this for a week but her weight gain dropped dramatically. I worried and got her full time on bottle - she isnt drinking milk too well though and now I dont know what to do....she fusses and never finishes a bottle. I have to force it down her.....its hard work!! Im going to HV to see if her weight is up again but i tempted to start b/f again although ive pretty dry now-any ideas? Sorry for going on.......

sorry to hear you've been having a tough time of it Ayla123, but :hi: & welcome to the group anyway! It's always difficult when baby is struggling to gain weight, regardless of whether your BFing or FFing (there's a mix of both on here), but it sounds like you're doing what you can, so try not to beat yourself up about it.
Other than the slow weight gain, is your baby having plenty of wet/dirty nappies? Does she seem alert when not asleep or feeding? Does she bring any milk up after a feed? Does she struggle with wind at all? Is her soft spot sunken in at all (sign of dehydration n not getting enough)? If all is well there, then despite the slow gaining, the chances are your daughter is getting enough.
Is she gaining at each weigh-in rather than losing? The important thing is that even if she only gains 1oz, that is still a gain, rather than her losing weight!
How much does she take from the bottle at each feed? My son (7mths old) still wont drink more than 5oz at a time from a bottle & takes in so much air he's quite uncomfortable afterwards & cries until he gets the wind up, which is one of the main reasons I kept BFing & stopped supplenting. It's only in the last 6 weeks that his weigh gain has been good, but before that he was swinging between the 0.4th-2nd centiles, but when I took him to the Drs, they said he was absolutely fine.
If you're still worried about growth, get your Dr or HV to measure your daughter's length & head circumference, as apparently these are much better indicators of whether a baby is growing sufficiently than weight alone.
With the BFing, if you did want to start again, check out the BFing section- a few of the mums on there have done relactation & successfully gotten their babies back on the breast, so it definitely can be done if that was the choice you wanted to make!

Sorry for all the Qs :dohh:

Thanks for the reassurance. She is gaining weight albeit very slooowly. I guess your right, as long as she is gaining and not losing its positive.

She is getting plenty of wet nappies, seems alert, very active and smily baby. To be fair me and my OH arent tall or were the biggest babies either.

Re bottle feeding, she drinks no more 3oz and she is now 11 weeks old, I end up having to do 8-10 feeds a day of with feeds ranging between 1-3oz each time. At her age, she should be drinking 4-5 but that it out of the question. She ends up fussing in between her feeds and refuses her bottle. I have started giving her infacol before every feed and gripe water sometimes....I think she does get alot of wind but she is burped at all feeds so Im at wits ends. I have tried dr browns bottles too and she is the same with them.....

So now I end up havong to force it down her gob. I stopped b/f a week ago and have put her on f/t formula with some expressed bottles but my milk is so dry now. She is a bit constipated so I dont know if thats affecting her feeding...

Sorry for going on but appreciate the support/advice

Im using aptamil milk which is suppose to be the next best thing to b milk.

And great news re your son gaining weight and dr's giving the all clear :)

1-3oz 8-10 times a day sounds quite good in terms of her intake though, even if it's knackering for you! :dohh: if she's a bit constipated that could make her feel a bit niggly & uncomfortable which i guess could affect her feeding habits. breastmilk is apparently a natural laxative & formula can sometimes 'bung' them up inside coz it's harder for them to digest. if you squeeze your boob, can you still get milk out? if so, it's more than likely you'd be able to up your supply again n get her back on the boob if you wanted?

Hey all, hope you and your lo's are all well. Just a quick update. Dakota has gone from 8lb 14 to 9lb 9 in a little over 2 weeks. She's still on 0.4th percentile but hv thinking she is just going to be tiny! Although she did start speaking about dieticians (sp?) and nutritionists! Fingers crossed for a big weight gain in 2 weeks time! On the positive, lo has grown 3cm in that time too! Thats good, isn't it??? xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->