• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Hello new people! :flower: Jemma, your LO is ever so cute (he looks cheeky!), Logan shows no sign of wanting to stand yet, when I hold him up he just bounces up and down like he is in his Jumperoo :dohh:
Emma, sounds like you dont need formula, I would say keep up BFing, and try fenugreek as suggested. Didnt realise that porridge was good for increasing supply, Im going to eat LOADS if/when I have baby no.2 :thumbup:

Connor started standing up 2 days ago but before that all he ever did like your LO when i held him up was bounce but out of blue he stood up and now he stands up against anything he can. Logans gorgeous, if you dont mind me asking how much does he weigh?

Logan is probably over 15lbs now, I havent had him weighed for a month or so (last weighed 14lb 10oz). He has been a bit poorly so dont think he has gained a great deal since then. The avatar pic you saw is quite old (he looks really ickle in it!), have updated with a new one taken a few days ago. The previous one was when he was first really trying to stay on his front and push himself up, now he rolls all over the place! :flower:

Hi ladies - noticed a few of you posted on a thread in baby club about this group so thought I'd say hello.
My LO is between 0.4-2 percentile lines since birth (6lb 4oz), now just over 11lb at 15 weeks. I somtimes wonder if he's getting enough milk from me, even though he's gaining steadily, because he's sometimes unsettled even after feeding. After reading your recent posts I might make some flapjack - I don't like porridge as a cereal but sounds like a good excuse for some treats :happydance:

Has anyone else measured baby's height/head? I measured height the other day and he was 45th percentile so I guess he's just skinny.

Connors below the 0.4 centile for weight, height and head circumfrance so hes just small bless him but devolpment wise he's doing brilliantly. I get some funny looks when out though and he has food because he doesnt look old enough to be having food

How the bloomin hell have I not found this group before??!! This should be home :rofl:
My lil crazy alex is 9 1/2 months, 6 1/2 corrected and weighs 14.1lbs.

You all still with me.....:rofl:

Gosh I need ths support. I have someone trying to make me feel like alex is a skinny runt and shouldnt be her weight. Cheek of it!

How the bloomin hell have I not found this group before??!! This should be home :rofl:
My lil crazy alex is 9 1/2 months, 6 1/2 corrected and weighs 14.1lbs.

You all still with me.....:rofl:

Gosh I need ths support. I have someone trying to make me feel like alex is a skinny runt and shouldnt be her weight. Cheek of it!

I only found this group yesterday aswell:dohh:

Alex is perfect hun, ignore whoever is telling you shes a skinny runt, shes nothing of the sort

Just out of interest, has anyone ever had medical investigations to try to identify if there is a reason for their LO's slow weight gain?

xx

Welcome to those of you who have just found the itty bitty club! It's lovely to have others to speak to who understand that having a huge baby is not the be all and end all of life!!

In answer to your question, Emma77, Rebecca hasn't been investigated as the consultant says he isn't worried about her weight gain at the moment. If she continues to drop down the percentiles though, it may be a different story.

Jaydee - Rebecca's percentiles are all over the place: 50th for length, 91st for head circumference (she has a condition called craniosynostosis and her dad has a huge head too!) and 9th for weight.

It's no wonder she's finding it hard to lift her head during tummy time :dohh: :rofl:

Hi all :wave:

My baby's always been small, he was 10 days overdue and 6lb 4oz, they kept me and him in hospital for 2 nights to monitor his blood sugar (heel prick test was a piece of cake, he'd had so many already) but it was fine. Since then he's stayed roughly on the same growth line so no-one's worried. I would be interested to know why he was so small in the first place but I don't mind - his clothes fit for longer and I think he just looks cuter being small :)

Hi all :wave:

My baby's always been small, he was 10 days overdue and 6lb 4oz, they kept me and him in hospital for 2 nights to monitor his blood sugar (heel prick test was a piece of cake, he'd had so many already) but it was fine. Since then he's stayed roughly on the same growth line so no-one's worried. I would be interested to know why he was so small in the first place but I don't mind - his clothes fit for longer and I think he just looks cuter being small :)

I knew why connor was small because he had IUGR and i felt reasurred knowing why he was so small but i dont know why hes gaining weight so slow would like to know though. I know what you mean about clothes, connor was in early baby for around a month and a half and then tiny baby for about 2 months so his clothes lasted ages and really apart from vests/sleepsuits and bibs i havent bought anymore clothes from what i bought when i was pregnant

emma77, Ive never been told that Logans weight is any cause of concern (they just think hes healthy and going to be small). Hes an absolute piggy at the moment, so should have gained a bit for his next weigh-in (Wednesday).

Just want to share something REALLY cute which is Logan's new trick. He now likes to hold things out to me (like toys) so I make an appreciative noise (he wont let me take them, mind, just go "mmmmmmmmm lovely" at them :haha:). BUT I was feeding him some bread and cheese spread and he was holding a piece in his hand (hes now really good at eating by himself), so I went "mmmmmmmmm yum" at him and smacked my lips and he held it out for me to take a bite!! Its the cutest thing ever, hes learning to share! :cloud9:

emma77, Ive never been told that Logans weight is any cause of concern (they just think hes healthy and going to be small). Hes an absolute piggy at the moment, so should have gained a bit for his next weigh-in (Wednesday).

Just want to share something REALLY cute which is Logan's new trick. He now likes to hold things out to me (like toys) so I make an appreciative noise (he wont let me take them, mind, just go "mmmmmmmmm lovely" at them :haha:). BUT I was feeding him some bread and cheese spread and he was holding a piece in his hand (hes now really good at eating by himself), so I went "mmmmmmmmm yum" at him and smacked my lips and he held it out for me to take a bite!! Its the cutest thing ever, hes learning to share! :cloud9:

Ahhh. That made me smile!

Hi everyone! Can me and dakota join you all? Dakota is now 11 weeks and weighs a 'massive' 8lb's! Not even the weight I was when I was born!!! She was 6lb 1oz when she was born and then dropped back to 5lb 6oz. Since then she has been gaining but very slowly. We found out that she had rhesus disease when she was 2 weeks old. The hospital phoned us and told us that they had only just found her cord bloods and there were some abnormalities! Well, she may be tiny but she managed to fight that off all by herself (they had thought she might have needed a blood transfusion!). She got the all clear at 6 weeks but since then she has never really picked up on the weight gain! We put her onto formula at 6/7 weeks to try and bulk her up a bit but now she has dropped off the charts. She wasn't early - in fact 2 days late! Think I only produce ickle babies! My ds was 5lb 12 when he was born but gained much quicker.

Wish I could put in more input into the newest girls coming in but no time so wanted to say Welcome!! :wave: DH, LO, our dog, and I are on the way to California! We are driving across and it is roughly an 8 day trip when we stop so often to feed Emma, etc. We are on day 3 now. :thumbup: Hope everyone is doing well!!

Hi all. Just thought I'd pop on and say hello.

I'm going to get Rebecca weighed tomorrow and I'm actually a bit nervous about it. It's only been a fortnight but she didn't gain as much as I hoped last time.

It's pathetic that I'm nervous (I should be more philosophical about these things) but I figured you guys would understand!! :flower:

Well, Dakota was weighed this morning and she's gone from 7lb15 two weeks ago to 8lb14 today - yay! Is this good weight gain? I was really impressed but hv didn't seem that up nor down about it. She's still 'concerned' about her size! She's wanting to do her length now cause she says she's still really small for 11 and a half weeks.

Well, Dakota was weighed this morning and she's gone from 7lb15 two weeks ago to 8lb14 today - yay! Is this good weight gain? I was really impressed but hv didn't seem that up nor down about it. She's still 'concerned' about her size! She's wanting to do her length now cause she says she's still really small for 11 and a half weeks.

That's 15oz in 2 weeks - great! :happydance:

I was told the "average weight gain per week is between 3 and 7 oz so 15 oz in 2 weeks in at the top end of this.

Rebecca gained 10oz in 2 weeks and I'm thrilled with that so you should be over the moon about 15oz!

:hi: everyone. sorry i've been gone fr so long. we got stuck in italy on the honeymoon thanks to the stupid volcano, & only got back today, 6 days later than planned, lol, and now very, very broke! the wedding went great & Harry was good as gold all day & throughout the honeymoon & he finally started rolling over both ways & had endless fun pushing himself backwards on his tummy across the tile floors in the villa! :rofl:

welcome to all the newbies to the group :)

all's well (I think) our end- Harry is even looking chunky these days- he appears to be a bit of a carb junky now he's on solids, so i guess that's why. and he hasn't dropped any of his milk feeds yet (when does that start to happen btw?) so i guess he must be getting a lot of calories, hehe. I reckon he must be like 16lbs now, which is great & will be a nice 'up yours' to some certain ppl in my life. think i might take him to get weighed on weds since it'll have been 4/5 weeks since he last went.

how is everyone else doing?

Well done on the impressive weight gains Laurn82 and WW1! :thumbup: I have to add Logan's gain, he was weighed on Wednesday and is now... 16lb 6oz!:happydance: (he was 14lb 10oz just over a month ago). HV not so concerned now, as hes gone out of the bottom of the graph and in a more acceptable percentile.
florabean, I want to see pics of the wedding! (what did Harry wear? what did you wear??) Gosh, I would be really panicy if I was stuck abroad, I had a weird dream where I was stuck in France and didnt know what nappies to buy :dohh: Random but worth sharing :haha:
Hope you and your LO's are all well :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kayzee94
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"