Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

Hello everyone :hi:

Welcome to everyone new to the group. It's a great support and lovely to know our itty bitty ones are not alone in their slow weight gain.

I hope everyone is fine - I've been reading to catch up as every time I come onto this group, Rebecca seems to decide it's time to wake up! (I hope I haven't just jinxed myself with that comment :dohh:)

Minstermind - you sound like you're doing EVERYTHING you can to try to keep BF'ing - you really cannot do any more. Please don't stress if you do need to increase FF - I had issues when Rebecca was born and ended up FF after 1 month. Although I felt terribly guilty (daft I know), it really was the best thing in the end. As long as LO is healthy, that really is all that matters.

Babymaybe - good luck with the weigh in tomorrow. I always feel nervous when getting LO weighed - stupid, I know!

Flora - fab comments! That woman will never know how much she cheered you up, I'm sure!

Kota - Rebecca's weight has been very similar to yours (started at 8lb - 50th percentile) and dropped to 9th which she is now following. The peds aren't concerned but it's hard not to worry, isn't it? As long as LO is alert and happy, slow weight gain doesn't mean anything :hugs:

Things are going well here. On the advice of the consultant I have started weaning Rebecca (just some baby rice) in order to help with the silent reflux. To say it has been good is an understatement! We're onto week 2 and Rebecca is now drinking a good 5oz more per day than she was, without the screaming and fussing! She's also having 2 lots of baby rice per day and is loving it. I can't believe the difference - all I hope now is that it translates into weight gain! She had 970ml (nearly 33oz) formula yesterday + her rice so it's got to have gone somewhere surely :thumbup:

I really hope it continues. Watch this space...

Anyway, sorry if I've missed any exciting news - big :hugs: to you all x

you'd think they'd use that numbing cream on their little legs n stuff when they stick them with needles so they dont feel it as much. It's heartbreaking isn't it? Mean Drs.

I know but nope :( 1 in each leg... ugh, darn doctors!

12lbs 10.5oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 4 days away from being 5 months old :) 25 3/4 inches long :) I am shocked! I thought maybe 11.5 but she is getting some chub to her :p Yay Kayleigh! Needles went well :) she cried of course but didn't take them as hard as her first set at 2 months, thank god!

12lbs 10.5oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 4 days away from being 5 months old :) 25 3/4 inches long :) I am shocked! I thought maybe 11.5 but she is getting some chub to her :p Yay Kayleigh! Needles went well :) she cried of course but didn't take them as hard as her first set at 2 months, thank god!

Yay! Fantastic weight gain :happydance:

I'm glad the jabs weren't too hideous.

Yay for good weight gain!!! :D Glad the shots went well too. For Emma, the booby calms the pain of the shots. :haha: As soon as that boob is in her mouth, all is right with her world again.

baby_maybe_825, glad it went well at the Drs, great weight too! :thumbup: Im dreading Logan's set at a year old, he was getting better at them, but think he might be more aware of them at a year old? (if that makes sense!)
WW1, thats ace that the rice is helping the reflux! If/when you move onto porridge Boots do a YUMMY organic porridge, tastes like shortbread but no added sugar! :flower:

WW1, thats ace that the rice is helping the reflux! If/when you move onto porridge Boots do a YUMMY organic porridge, tastes like shortbread but no added sugar! :flower:

Now that sounds very nice indeed - does it have to be for babies? I fear Rebecca wont get a look in if it's as good as it sounds :dohh:

great weight gain for Kayleigh. :happydance:

I agree, some of the baby porridges out there are srummy!!!

clerkner, love your new Emma siggy- she's changed a lot since your last one, more hair for a start, but she's looking really grown up now too. (well, for a baby i mean, lol)

I'm having trouble feeding Harry at the moment- he just doesn't seem to want to eat. I've tried BLW & TW the last 3 days & he'll eat one mouthful, then he's done & clamps shut or blows rasberries & it goes everywhere. He's still having plenty of boobie feeds so I'm not too worried, but it's just a shame coz he's been doing so well with the food. I wonder if it's a combo of the heat & maybe teething- his gums have gone harder & look kinda lumpy, so maybe he might cut his first tooth in the coming weeks?

anyway, better go as I need to get little chubster ready for bed.

Sounds like it could be a combination of those things. I would just imagine, if I can try to imagine a tooth breaking through my gums, I bet it would make a lot of things going in the mouth kind of an unpleasant sensation, like different foods and whatnot. I've also noticed a number of threads on here about babies getting cranky in the heat too, so that could definitely be a part of it. I get cranky in the heat, lol..

Great news on the weight gain baby_maybe825, you must be delighted :)

Thank you WW1 for your comments and support. I'm definitely doing everything possible. My milk has gotten a bit better today, after getting the fennel tea and motilium, and expressing a lot. The public health nurse came by today and he's finally got back to his birth weight today! He gained it all back during the last 4 days too after supplementing with formula! I'm so relieved. I just want him to thrive as I know all of you ladies can relate to. So happy mama and baby today :)

Yay for good weight gain!!! :D Glad the shots went well too. For Emma, the booby calms the pain of the shots. :haha: As soon as that boob is in her mouth, all is right with her world again.

Noah is the same i fact when ever he gets a little upset he tries to latch onto boob through clothes so he can have it :haha:

Noah is the same i fact when ever he gets a little upset he tries to latch onto boob through clothes so he can have it :haha:

That is exactly what Harry does too... that and try to latch on to any bit of exposed skin on me and on himself, lol. His fave is the back of his wrist- this one time (at band camp, hehe) he was all upset & started sucking on his wrist so hard than he gave himself a love bite! :dohh: He's also started trying to self soothe by stroking his hair, which is something he does when he's feeding to sleep; adorable!

Still no progress on the food front here. Yesterday he ate 1/2 his breakfast, which I had to spoon feed him rather than pre-loaded like usual, then 1/2 a fromage frais for lunch (refused everything else), about an inch worth of banana (then fell asleep), then 5 spoonfuls of his tea (pumpkin stew) before throwing a hissy fit. This is about a third of what he normally eats. So far today he ate about 1/3 of his breakfast & refused anything else (it's now mid afternoon here). Like I said before he's still taking plenty of BFeeds, seems happy enough & still making wet & dirty nappies, so he's obviously getting enough of what he needs from me... I hope it doesnt affect his weight gain. I'm sure it wont, but the worrier in me thinks it will, lol.

Flora- OMG I burst out laughing at 'band camp'. :rofl: :rofl: And on the food front, Emma has weeks where she doesn't eat as much as usual. Just don't forget milk feeds are all they need in the first year anyways. He'll be fine. :hugs: As long as he seems happy enough I'm sure he's fine. He'll pick back up with his eating eventually.

So I know it's way early but I'm already planning Emma's first birthday. :haha: It's dawned on me that she is already going to be one in 2 1/2 months and DH is out to sea for a month of that so I want to get it all ready before he leaves. He'll be gone the day of her actual birthday. :( but we plan on celebrating the weekend before! :thumbup: We aren't home so there's no family around so it'll just be us but I'm still excited! I want to make it special for her.

baby_maybe- I haven't said hi lately so wanted to say hi!! :kiss::winkwink: LOL! I sat there for ages trying to think of a name to a weightloss thread but than i got ice cream instead. :rofl:

baby_maybe- I haven't said hi lately so wanted to say hi!! :kiss::winkwink: LOL! I sat there for ages trying to think of a name to a weightloss thread but than i got ice cream instead. :rofl:

Ooh. The "I got ice-cream club" - not exactly promoting weight loss but definitely a club I'd join :rofl:

LOL!! :rofl: I wish ice cream was a weight loss tool. I'd be SO skinny. :haha:

My LO is getting weighed again tomorrow. I always feel really nervous before his weigh ins xx

good luck with the weigh in, connors getting weighed tomorrow at his hospital appointment but dont think hes put much on:(

good luck for Connor as well. :hugs:
Harry will be weighed at the HVs tomorrow, but I weighed him on the wii fit plus last night & fillu clothed & nappied etc, he was 17lbs, so probably I guessing he'll be in the higher end of 16lbs+ tomorrow, which is about right going by his usual 16-18oz gains each months now, so he should be able to maintain the 9th centile line, so that's all good with me. He's eating a bit better the last 2 days & has also learned how to clap his hands, which is totally adorable :)

How's evetyone else doing?

Good luck for Connor and Harry's weigh in :hugs:

My LO has only gained 3oz in 2 weeks so he's now 10lbs 8oz at almost 13 weeks. HV has suggested I try to wake him up during the night to feed him. I tried that before and it made no difference. We're back in 2 weeks to weigh him again xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->