Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

awww, but hey, at least 3oz is better than nothing at all, so he's still heading in the right direction :hugs: How long does Gabriel sleep for before he wakes for a feed naturally?

Lately he's been sleeping for an 8 hour stretch during the night. I have noticed he's been feeding for longer periods during the day but he's still well settled between feeds. He had already been checked by my GP and she was happy with him. I still worry though :( xx

At the same age, Harry was sleeping about that too. How I long for him to sleep for 8 hours straight now!!! :rofl: I'm lucky if he goes more than 4 hrs! :dohh:

Trust yourself & your Dr- if they say he's doing fine, then he is probably doing great. Try not to worry too much hun...

Hey teal - your LO is going in the right direction - any gain is a good gain :hugs:

flora - good luck with the weigh in tomorrow

We've got Rebecca's weigh in on Thursday. I've refrained from getting her weighed for 4 weeks so fingers crossed I'm not disappointed [-o<

Good luck with all the weigh ins girls!! :hugs:

Is it bad I haven't had Emma weighed since she was like 4 months old?! :haha: I just don't see the point.

Good luck with all the weigh ins girls!! :hugs:

Is it bad I haven't had Emma weighed since she was like 4 months old?! :haha: I just don't see the point.

It's not bad at all! I wish I could stop worrying about it and not bother getting her weighed as well :dohh:

my HV phones us if we dont go at least every 4 weeks. I think they put far too much emphasis on weight gain & blimmin weaning in my county :( It's all they bloody talk about. How much do they weigh? are you weaning him? does he have 3 meals a day? Does he sleep through? *gggggrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr*

Yeah, over here you pretty much go to the doctor when you want. They don't put any pressure on you or anything. I could've just not went at all if I felt like it. But I wanted her to get her shots and all of that. :thumbup:

Teal it may only be a small amount hes gained but a gain is better than a loss, thats what my HV always says to me as Connor only gains tiny amounts, last time i had connor to hospital they were concered his devolpment was behind even though i didnt think it was so think there going to go on about that today and theres no way he's behind he sitting up, crawling, walking with furniture, honestly dont think they will ever be happy with him. Will update when we get back

Teal it may only be a small amount hes gained but a gain is better than a loss, thats what my HV always says to me as Connor only gains tiny amounts, last time i had connor to hospital they were concered his devolpment was behind even though i didnt think it was so think there going to go on about that today and theres no way he's behind he sitting up, crawling, walking with furniture, honestly dont think they will ever be happy with him. Will update when we get back

Hope everything goes okay today.

Connor weighs 16lb 15oz so hes put on 6oz so consultant wasnt really impressed:( never mind i cant do much more than im already doing, hes on 3 meals a day plus 3 bottles of milk but he was impressed with his devolpment so that was ok

Connor weighs 16lb 15oz so hes put on 6oz so consultant wasnt really impressed:( never mind i cant do much more than im already doing, hes on 3 meals a day plus 3 bottles of milk but he was impressed with his devolpment so that was ok

Any gain is a good gain :thumbup: Also fab news about the development!

Can I ask how old Connor is?

darn thing ate my post :dohh:

Jemma, glad they're pleased with Connor's development at least & 6 oz isn't too bad & he's still heading in that right direction & from you've said seems like a lovely happy little boy!

Got Harry weighed today & he's now 16lbs 5oz, so not far off my guess. They too were pleased with his development & I had a good chat with a lovely HV (for a change) about BLW, BFing, teething, nappyrash, developmental milestone, giving water & stuff like that. The lady was awesome & i wish I'd always have seen her as I probably wouldn't have had half the concerns I've had, lol. Oh well. Also got signed up for some free classes & groups so we can start making some friends & play dates... Maybe then I wont feel so lonely & harry will get to interact with kids his own age instead of just me for a change!!! Anyway, he's maintained his 9th centile line, so I'm really pleased for him :)

12lbs 10.5oz!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! She is 4 days away from being 5 months old :) 25 3/4 inches long :) I am shocked! I thought maybe 11.5 but she is getting some chub to her :p Yay Kayleigh! Needles went well :) she cried of course but didn't take them as hard as her first set at 2 months, thank god!

Yay! Fantastic weight gain :happydance:

I'm glad the jabs weren't too hideous.

Thanks!! :D

Yay for good weight gain!!! :D Glad the shots went well too. For Emma, the booby calms the pain of the shots. :haha: As soon as that boob is in her mouth, all is right with her world again.

I wish it did for Kayleigh :( She was quite upset for a while before I could calm her down... :(

baby_maybe_825, glad it went well at the Drs, great weight too! :thumbup: Im dreading Logan's set at a year old, he was getting better at them, but think he might be more aware of them at a year old? (if that makes sense!)
WW1, thats ace that the rice is helping the reflux! If/when you move onto porridge Boots do a YUMMY organic porridge, tastes like shortbread but no added sugar! :flower:

I know what you mean. Jake got worse with age until now! I took him to get his H1N1 before christmas and he was fine with it :happydance: Thank goodness!

baby_maybe- I haven't said hi lately so wanted to say hi!! :kiss::winkwink: LOL! I sat there for ages trying to think of a name to a weightloss thread but than i got ice cream instead. :rofl:

Hi Hi Hi! hahahaha Sweets Junkies Support Group sounds like a good one LOL

baby_maybe- I haven't said hi lately so wanted to say hi!! :kiss::winkwink: LOL! I sat there for ages trying to think of a name to a weightloss thread but than i got ice cream instead. :rofl:

Ooh. The "I got ice-cream club" - not exactly promoting weight loss but definitely a club I'd join :rofl:

hahaha!

LOL!! :rofl: I wish ice cream was a weight loss tool. I'd be SO skinny. :haha:

Ohhhhhhhh yeahhhhhh! I would look like a fashionista goddess LOL

Good luck for Connor and Harry's weigh in :hugs:

My LO has only gained 3oz in 2 weeks so he's now 10lbs 8oz at almost 13 weeks. HV has suggested I try to wake him up during the night to feed him. I tried that before and it made no difference. We're back in 2 weeks to weigh him again xx

Good luck next weigh in! I didn't find waking Kayleigh helped boost her gaining, and she has had a kick ass gain this time and she sleeps through the night fine and dandy. I think your LO will gain in time, when they are ready iykwim :)

Hi ladies! Been away and busy lately, had a lot going on... but wanted to try and catch up and say Hello! :D

It's scary to think I will be doing the first birthday in 7 months ... :( Oh my!

sweets-a-holic support group! I made one... think it sounds okay LOL ...

Any gain is a good gain :thumbup: Also fab news about the development!

Can I ask how old Connor is?

connors 1 this month :)

Harry was 16lbs 5oz, so is sitting on the 9th centile line still, so I'm happy as he maintained his curve :) They're ahppy with his development & I had a great chat about some stuff with a nice HV (for once, lol) & also joined up to some baby groups :)

Harry was 16lbs 5oz, so is sitting on the 9th centile line still, so I'm happy as he maintained his curve :) They're ahppy with his development & I had a great chat about some stuff with a nice HV (for once, lol) & also joined up to some baby groups :)

Kayleigh I was told is 25% weight and I don't remember her height one :p 16lbs at almost 8 months doesn't sound too bad to me... :shrug: Sounds like your LO is doing great! :) Do you mind me asking what th HV said about the whole baby led weaning etc...? That stuff is confusing me!

well, I asked about whether he's getting enough from me & also from food & how much I should be offering; she was very knowledgable & said so long as I keep feeding on demand, letting him go no longer that 5 hours between a feed (he usually feeds every 2-3 hours still, so that's not an issue, lol), and make sure that at every meal I offer a varied diet including fruit, vege, protein & dairy in some form & just to let him get on with it & not to worry so much. She said to keep an eye on his nappies & make sure he's still having plenty of wet & dirty ones (Harry's like clockwork, twice a day, every day, hehe) and so long as they dont suddenly change dramatically, he is probably getting exactly what he needs, but that if i am worried, invest in some baby vitamin drops to supplemtn his diet with...

yep, 16lbs 5oz is fine for him- he was on the 9th centile when he was born, so now he's on the 9th centile again, he is basically perfect & exactly where he should be- neither under nor over weight & developmentally spot on, so it's all good really. Compared to the other 'october bumkpins' on here, he is still teeny, as some of them are like 24lbs already (!) but it just goes to reinforce the fact that every baby is different & size is not as big an issue as some HV, MW & Drs make out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->