Itty Bitty Babies Club (Slow Gainers)

aww well done Callie! and A3my, dont worry about Alex, hes doing fine :) xxx

sorry I've not been around much- life seems to be getting in the way of my online time, lol!" :dohh:

I hope everyone's well :hugs:

Great weight gains for everyone too. Seems like everyone's doing really well, which is lovely to hear :)

x-li-x, that's brilliant about Callie! Clever girl! She'll be crawling before you know it ;)

Flora - how cute is Harry in your profile pic?! :cloud9:

Well ladies, my itty bitty baby is now 1 year old! It was her first birthday yesterday, I'm just amazed at how quickly time has gone by! I keep looking at her and thinking "How can you be a year old?!" :cloud9: Probably doesn't help that I know 7 month olds who are bigger than she is :rofl:

so went and got Harrison weighed again today, he weighed 12lb 12oz 2weeks ago, now he weighs 13lb 5oz at nearly 21weeks. Hes getting there bless him. Hes also trying to pull his head and shoulders up while on his back, making a banana shape! Lol. We have had a very sicky day today! Threw up over my friends floor, then when i picked him up from his pushchair at clinic he threw up down my back! THEN, sat waiting and he threw up down my leg! :dohh: managed to get a doctors appointment for tomorrow, the gaviscon isnt working anymore obviously :( x

Hello Ladies

Not sure if I belong here....
I'm fed up of my lo being called small! He's nearly 7 months old and 16lb 1oz. Is this small?? I guess you guys would be the best judges :) xx

Hello MrsT&Ben - I'm not sure if thats small as my son is only 5 months but he is always getting called small.

Well I get Alex weighed tomorrow, I think he had gained but he's had a stinker of a cold and I'm not so sure now :wacko:

Welcome MrsT&Ben.
Gabriel is super small at 7 months he's only 13.5lbs. At 16 lbs, your boy is around the 12th percentile, I think, so smaller than many, but bigger than others (Like mine).
bathbabe - Sorry to hear about Harrison being sick. I hope the doctor can prescribe something that'll work for you.

Thanks Seity, Dr prescribed him ranitidine (sp?) 0.4ml twice a day... Anybody had any experience with this stuff? X

My husband uses it. No experience with infants, but I imagine it'll work similarly, just a smaller dosage for babies.

Eala - Happy Birthday to your daughter :flower:

bathbabe - Alex does the banana shape when he's in his carseat :haha: well done to Harrison for the weight gain :thumbup: I hope the ranitadine helps (I know people who use it as a hangover cure!).

Well I had Alex weighed and at 21 weeks he is 14lbs 7oz and between the 9th and 25th centile. I'm so pleased he gained after loosing weight last time. I've been taking self prescribed domperidone and I'm sure thats what's done it, I feel like my boobs are working again :haha:

That's great news A3my. We can't get that here, but I'm glad to hear it seems to be working for you.

Its costing me a fortune but very worth it :)

bethbabe, I had that prescribed for me by the hospital when I was still pregnant & it was a god send for me, so I hope it does the trick with your LO.

Got Harry weighed n stuff yesterday, & at 1 yearm 1 week & 1 days old (lol) he weighs 19lbs 7oz, so still in the 9th centile. I'm pretty please but also kinda confused as that means he only put on 4oz in 5 weeks, which seems like nothing, but at the same time, he looks huge to me, so i guess he's gaining length rather than chubbiness at this point in time, and they do say weight gain starts to slow from this point on, so i guess it's all good. He had a great 1st birthday last week too. He's got his injections on monday now, so I'm not looking forward to that!

hi ya ladies not been on in a while i thort i would check in with you all glad all the babies are doing well i had ella weighed yesterday she is 29weeks now i think lol and she was 13lb 3oz or 6kg exactly she has dropped down on the chart a little more but i think she is doing ok i hope they dont start moaning at me again hope all mummy are ok and doing well xxx

hi hun, sounds like ella is doing fine to me as long as shes happy and healthy thats all thats matters isnt it. i gave up worrying about callies weight and just accepted shes small! as long as shes not dropping loads of weight again i dont worry. anyway she might start to bulk up now shes weaning!
babies go up and down the charts its the way it is, i think sometimes hv and that worry us for nothing.

this thread seems to be dying out lately, :-( shame ive not been here long.

It does this in cycles, x-li-x. Goes quiet for a while then all of a sudden it gets busy again :)

Thats good to know :) i thought this thread was a great idea wouldn want it to faze out X

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->