..~:: IUI & Clomid ::~.. anyone?

Thanks for the welcome ladies. I am anxiously awaiting my appointment on the 27th to go over bloodwork and plan my first IUI which I assume will be in Sept. sometime.

Hey everyone!

I've been keeping up, but don't want to post too often.

I have been so sorry to read about BFPs, but it sounds as if a few of you are starting to think about IVF...I totally understand how difficult it is, but hopefully it will all be worth it.

Lucinda...Good luck with stims!!

AFM, I hit 10 weeks tomorrow. I had a giant bleed the night before my first scan (week 7). Turns out I have a giant hemotoma, but red blood is not always bad I guess. We saw a heartbeat and started sobbing after assuming all was lost. So they are keeping a close eye, but I have graduated to a real OB. :)

Sending love and hugs to everyone on this thread! You all helped me so much and I wish you nothing but all the best in the world!!

::hugs::

Futuremom, I have my very 1st IUI tomorrow, too! I'm taking Clomid (pcos) and my hubby has low motility, which is why our doctor recommended IUI instead of trying to make things happen naturally!

I am super nervous and excited. Let me know how it goes tomorrow :flower:

JLeeCT, thank you for the reply. I completed the IUI this morning. It was a good experience for me. There were 171 million swimmers with 35% motility. I will be doing the research to see how good my chances are. I am really excited and nervous. How did yours go? Keeping my fingers crossed for you. Its really cool that we will be going through this at the exact same time. Now we will have until the 30th to find out. :thumbup:

Keep me updated.
:coffee:

Futuremom~ wow...171 million!? That's amazing! I am so glad that everything went well for you this morning. It is nice to know that someone else is experiencing the same things that I am at the same time!

It went pretty well for me too--though my hubby has a varicocele that still hasn't been taken care of, so his motility is terrible. Overall they got just over 7 million, but the ones they did get are all perfect motility...and all we need is 1!!!

Keep me updated on how you are feeling! :hug: and :dust:

Futuremom~ wow...171 million!? That's amazing! I am so glad that everything went well for you this morning. It is nice to know that someone else is experiencing the same things that I am at the same time!

It went pretty well for me too--though my hubby has a varicocele that still hasn't been taken care of, so his motility is terrible. Overall they got just over 7 million, but the ones they did get are all perfect motility...and all we need is 1!!!

Keep me updated on how you are feeling! :hug: and :dust:

Thats great news! 7 million with perfect motility is great!!! Crossing my fingers for both of us. Hope the waiting goes by fast. I have a good feeling about it. Very, very excited. :baby::happydance:

Hi Everyone,
I went for cd 12 follicular u/s . The doctor told me that my follicles are about 7 mm and endo lining is abt 4.5 so they asked me to come back again next week. Has anyone had a similar expereince. This is my first time of being monitored .

for my last cycle, i had to go back after my first u/s @ 10 days.
usually at 10 days, there's 1-2 strong follices. this last cycle (in july)
the follicle grew very slowly.

the nurse practitioner was super cool and let me come in for the second ultrasound "off record."

there was the thought that things were different because i had been so sick early in the month.

i hope this helps.

:hug:

Hey girls, I need advice b/c we have to make a decision today. I went for my day 11, and on day 3 they had seen what they thought could be a small cyst (14mm). Today it's 30mm and they said it's a follicle, but they can't tell if it contains an egg or it's just a fluid sac. They said it's likely there's an egg, but that they don't know the probability of whether it would be over mature and therefore inviable. One RE (who was in the u/s) told us she's concerned that it's over mature and that we should trigger tonight to force release, then try naturally and if it's over mature it won't take anyway. My RE, who saw me in tears and sat us down to review the pics right away, said he would go ahead with the IUI, that they don't know the stats on how often a follie that large produces a success vs a smaller follie and that if I were his daughter he would tell me to do it.

What would you guys do? Has anyone had a follie that large and still been given the green light? All my other follies are tiny, and the first RE said it's likely the big one has been stealing all the hormones. They told me not to worry about next cycle until we make it through this one, that if it is a cyst with no egg it will go down on it's own.

I'm leaning toward the IUI, what would it hurt? DH is leaning towards not and trying naturally since he thinks our chances are really low this month.

Insurance not a factor, what do you guys think? Anyone had something similar happen?

Hi flintstones,
I haven't had that happen. Did you ask the RE if she's seen that before in other patients? If so, what was the outcome?

I would go with your heart and gut feeling.

I wish I could be of more help.

Good luck:hugs:

Thanks vkj and Lucinda. We got a somewhat panicked voicemail from the office today telling us to call back by 4 (we got the VM at 4:30, so that worked out well, ugh), and that I shouldn't trigger because I'm already at LH 77 and since I'm surging they want me in tomorrow for IUI right away. Fortunately we BD last night so I feel good about our timing in case I ovulate tonight, but we think we're just going to do the IUI tomorrow morning anyway. I guess if it was just a sac it wouldn't show an LH surge so there's likely an egg? Whether or not it's viable I don't know.

So stressful. I swear every time I go in there's something new and crappy to discover. I think they may be overmedicating me if my follies are developing by day 11 the last two months.

Hope everyone else is doing well! :)

Hey guys- flinstones I hope everything went well today. I agree that doing the iui can't hurt, so I'm glad they did it :)

how's everyone else doing? Anyone testing soon? Lucinda where are you at, are you stimming yet? I just found out this week that I'm starting ivf the week after Labor Day. I'm excited and scared. Mostly excited though :)

Hey strawberry I had Retrival yest...9 mature eggs n 7 fertilized normally. Waiting for further updates; plan is day 5 transfer(Fri). So I should be testing soon if all goes well ;)
How exciting to start stimming soon!!!!

Hey gals! Gluck with everything! I go tomorrow to my re and I should get my schedule and stuff to start stemming soon too! We should be close to the same cycle again strawberry!

Awesome Lucinda! Gl to you, rest up you'll be PUPO before you know it.

Yes cjohnson we seem to have cycles in sync :). Are you on bcp now? They're not doing bcps for me, only ganerelix and stims. I could be starting injections as soon as a week from today, eek!

I've been on them for almost a month now trying to get insync with them. They try to do all ivf cycles the same time , ill find out tomorrow when I start exactly!!! Excitement and scared!

Hi everyone, just wanted to pop in to share an update to my story!

I had my very first IUI with 50mg Clomid on August 15th (PCOS/male factor) and just got my very first ever :bfp: last night at 11dpo. It is still VERY VERY early, and I am more nervous than excited (praying that it sticks!!!) but I know that when I was in my TWW it helped me so much to read positive stories from ladies in my situation.

GOOD LUCK and :dust: to all of you! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->