IUI December Buddies

You can??? Explain!

What would stop you from ovulating for both sides? Most people only ovulate from one side at a time, but that is because they only have one egg. If you have mature eggs in both ovaries, they can all release.

You can??? Explain!

What would stop you from ovulating for both sides? Most people only ovulate from one side at a time, but that is because they only have one egg. If you have mature eggs in both ovaries, they can all release.

LOL!! I swear I didn't know that. I thought the ovaries were just programmed to let loose one side at a time. I never thought about why. Thanks!!

OK, so tomorrow is IUI Day! Around 10am-ish EDT

This time a nurse measured me with two on the left at 16 each and one on the right ...I forgot what size but not quite there yet. I swear yesterday's nurse measured on one each side at 18!? I asked, and today's nurse said that some days follicles close together can appear like one follicle and you get a "bad" measurement. She said today they are nice and defined and she's sure of the measurements.

Hrm...16. I'm worried they won't be big enough to ovulate with the trigger and we'll miss it all. Is that a valid worry? I asked the nurse, and she says they'll be 18 by the time I ovulate tomorrow-ish, and that waiting to do the IUI until Monday (they are closed Sunday) will risk missing ovulation entirely. Damn. I really wish I had one extra day to grow. I hope it's ok. There's nothing I can do to change it, so I just have to hope and pray and be positive.

OK, so tomorrow is IUI Day! Around 10am-ish EDT

This time a nurse measured me with two on the left at 16 each and one on the right ...I forgot what size but not quite there yet. I swear yesterday's nurse measured on one each side at 18!? I asked, and today's nurse said that some days follicles close together can appear like one follicle and you get a "bad" measurement. She said today they are nice and defined and she's sure of the measurements.

Hrm...16. I'm worried they won't be big enough to ovulate with the trigger and we'll miss it all. Is that a valid worry? I asked the nurse, and she says they'll be 18 by the time I ovulate tomorrow-ish, and that waiting to do the IUI until Monday (they are closed Sunday) will risk missing ovulation entirely. Damn. I really wish I had one extra day to grow. I hope it's ok. There's nothing I can do to change it, so I just have to hope and pray and be positive.

I am sure you will be OK. I would have liked another day if I were you as well, but it should be fine. Are they testing your LH? How do they know it would be too late? I have had follicles in the 20s not ready to ovulate. Good luck tomorrow!

I can't type much as I'm at work but kat- for IVF they trigger when the follicles are 16-20mm so don't worry and they do grow about 2mm a day. Ill catch up later! Good luck!

Also Kat, don't forget that the trigger itself gives the follies an extra growth spurt as well. But I'm sort of wondering why the think that waiting till Mon would mean missing the window since when I was doing my 2 IUIs I had some follies go as high as 23 or 24. ... Just wondering.

Also Kat, don't forget that the trigger itself gives the follies an extra growth spurt as well. But I'm sort of wondering why the think that waiting till Mon would mean missing the window since when I was doing my 2 IUIs I had some follies go as high as 23 or 24. ... Just wondering.

Eh, I have no idea. Could be my age? Maybe that affects things. It seems to affect just about everything TTC-wise, so I wouldn't be surprised if it also affected ovulation :wacko:

Kat, It is so frustrationg how age playes such a big part. How are you feeling? I really hope you get your BFP this month.

I got AF this weekend. We are done TTC. It is really hard, but I think we may be moving toward adoption. DH is thinking about talking about it. We don't have the money right now becuase of our two years of medical treatments to try and have a baby, so we are probably going to have to wait two years before we can start that process. I really hope it doesn't take that long, but who knows.

Karen...oh my heart just breaks for you! After everything you've done... :cry:

I hope that you get your adopted rainbow baby. He or she will be so lucky to have you!

In the meantime, I'm here to listen :hugs:

Thank you so much. How are you doing today?

Doing fine. We're on vacation this week. Generally staying home and doing local things. We have one overnight trip to the beach ...staying at a Victorian B&B. Looking forward to that! Working hard to not symptom spot as I KNOW the trigger gives me mad symptoms.

Karen- :hugs: so sorry. I hope everything falls in to place for y'all. Whether it be a natural bfp or adoption. You deserve everything that is good.

I hate that the trigger shot gives me crampy feelings in my uterus for days after the IUI. Gives me false hope that something else is going on. So mean!! I didn't have them on Sunday or Monday, so I hoped I was spared this time.

I am such a negative Nelly today :( After two or three days of waving pom poms in the air and hoping for the best, I get scared and the hope just dissipates. These cramps are making it worse because I just know its from the trigger, and it won't let me forget for a while that I'm waiting to know the most important news. Wah wah poor me!! Ugh, I'm sick of myself today! There are people out there with worse problems and I need to get over myself.

I hate that the trigger shot gives me crampy feelings in my uterus for days after the IUI. Gives me false hope that something else is going on. So mean!! I didn't have them on Sunday or Monday, so I hoped I was spared this time.

I am such a negative Nelly today :( After two or three days of waving pom poms in the air and hoping for the best, I get scared and the hope just dissipates. These cramps are making it worse because I just know its from the trigger, and it won't let me forget for a while that I'm waiting to know the most important news. Wah wah poor me!! Ugh, I'm sick of myself today! There are people out there with worse problems and I need to get over myself.

I hate the trigger too. I always make me feel pregnant. I am glad for not having to have the false hope anymore.

DH sat me down last night to make sure I knew that he wants to adopt. He is starting to get excited about it, but he is also still trying to deal with the loss of not being able to “create” a child. He says he will get there, it will just take him longer than me. I personally don’t care if you child has our DNA or not. The biggest loss I felt is when I thought we would never have kids. We have our first fundraiser this weekend. We are doing a garage sale, and so many people have contributed stuff that we don’t have enough room to put it. I just hope that people come and buy the stuff!

My blog is up and running, though it is still a work in progress. I hope you guys can all follow me!https://jkhadoption.wordpress.com

Fundraising...what a great idea! Can't wait to see how it goes!!

Fundraising...what a great idea! Can't wait to see how it goes!!

Thanks! We need $30K so there is no way we could do it without fundraising. I am hopeing to get some grants as well but we need the first $6000 before I can even apply for grants.

Well, I think everyone knows by now that my June cycle was a bust :( AF showed on Day 10. I guess no viable eggs released.

Had a scan today. Ovaries look good. Nurse saw how sad I was and said they look "young"--- not shriveled like she sometimes sees. Not that it matters if they won't produce viable eggs :(

Anyway, she found a cyst that was on the cusp of keeping us from trying this cycle, but my hormone levels were ok, so I got the green light to start Femara tomorrow. I'll take that through July1st and then move to 4 nights of 150 of Gonal F ( a little cheaper than Bravelle). Hopefully the follies will respond. I'll feel way less pressure as the cost is so much less. Maybe that will help me relax like everyone says I should (ha! easy for them to say).

Well, I think everyone knows by now that my June cycle was a bust :( AF showed on Day 10. I guess no viable eggs released.

Had a scan today. Ovaries look good. Nurse saw how sad I was and said they look "young"--- not shriveled like she sometimes sees. Not that it matters if they won't produce viable eggs :(

Anyway, she found a cyst that was on the cusp of keeping us from trying this cycle, but my hormone levels were ok, so I got the green light to start Femara tomorrow. I'll take that through July1st and then move to 4 nights of 150 of Gonal F ( a little cheaper than Bravelle). Hopefully the follies will respond. I'll feel way less pressure as the cost is so much less. Maybe that will help me relax like everyone says I should (ha! easy for them to say).

You had a 10 day cycle?!? I thought that felt fast. How horrible! I am so sorry. I am glad they are mixing up your protocol and that it will be cheaper. I am sorry this is taking so long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->