IUI December Buddies

ttcbaby117

2016 forever baby crusade
Reaction score
Hi everyone.....it looks like I will be doing my 2nd IUI in December so I figured if anyone else is in the same boat then lets start chatting to each other. If anyone else is gearing up for IUI please join in and lets get our BFP's together!!!!!

Sorry about your :bfn:. :hugs:

Thanks for starting this thread! I am back at it for December too. I'll be your buddy!

I am currently in cycle day 26. So if my next cycle starts in time, I will probably be doing my IUI around the 1st of December.

Hi ttc and Mrs. T

I think i will be doing my first IUI in december too, so count me in. Hope this time we get our bfps :)

I am on bcps and today is the cd 9 for me.

MissMaddy that is so exciting! Are you taking oral (Clomid or Femara) or injectable meds?

Fx for u!

Mrs. T I will probably be doing femara, my doctor wants me to try injectables though, but i have a calender year insurance, and i am sure they will charge me for my deductables if i use injectables and thn i will have to pay them again from jan! So its a lil trickey ;) I will start injectables from January If needed! Fx'ed for you too!!

We do not have any MFI, i hope IUI would still work! I have heard IUIs are a better option for MFI.

I had one success with Femara but sadly I miscarried.

The second IUI was not successful but I thought what are the odds two in a row would work? Also I had the flu when I did that one and couldn't stop coughing for a few days so I thought that was pretty bad for implantation. Then about a week after the IUI I fell down the stairs! So not shocked that one didn't work.

Now I am on to my third (hopefully final) IUI. Even though Femara worked for us before, I don't want to do this anymore so I thought injectables would be like bringing out the big guns since I only produced one follicle on each IUI in the past. I'm dealing with fewer sperm than most so hopefully if I produce more eggs with injectables I will be giving them more targets.

More follicles are definitely a plus for you, I have read so many IUI success stories with MFI, hope this is it for you! A/c to my doctor IUI with injectables has higher success rates!

And sorry about BFN :( glad you are moving to injectbles, I wonder whar if i use injectables and produce many follicles so they would have to switch to IVF! hows your dh's counts now? Is he getting any treatments?

I have basically unexplained secondary infertility, i did ovulate max of 4 eggs with clomid n femara cycle but NO bfp! DS was conceived on the first cycle of clomid, but this time i had NO luck what so ever, and i never produced EWCM with 5 clomid cycles! So hopefylly femara will do the trick!

Yeah I hope Femara works out for you. I never tried Clomid but I keep reading story after story that Clomid thins lots of women's linings which makes implantation next to impossible but that Femara doesn't do that. I read eating the core of a pineapple for 5 days (1 core split into 5 - one piece for each day) following the IUI can help with implantation. Although the cycle that worked for me I ate it leading up to the IUI rather than after.

My husbands counts are low. I think the most he's had on an analysis is 11 million and that's not washed. Washed is much lower. He sees a urologist for check ups but never has been offered any treatment. I don't think they can do much for a man's sperm count unless it is caused by a blockage or something they can correct but he doesn't have anything like that. I just bought him some stuff from the health food store though.

I hope his counts catch your eggy this time ;) You need just 1 :spermy:
Cant wait for December! Even one month seems like a century... time is just not moving :dohh:

Anyone else doing IUI next month?

hey ladies welcome....so happy that we are here together!!!!!!

mrst - sorry for the bfn and the loss...that is awesome you will back at it very soon! I did injectables for my first IUI in combination with femara...I developed 3 beauties but alas...still bfn!

MissyMaddy - why do they have you on Birth Control pills? usually you dont develop more than 3 or 4 follies with injectables..I developed 3. I have seen rare instances where they did convert to IVF because of the number of follies but if you do it how I did it and combine it with femara the chances of that are slim. I did femara cd 3-7 and Gonal -f cd8-10, triggered on cd11 and had my iui on cd 12 and 13. Like I said I had 3 beauties but it still didnt work. I dont have MFI and I am really hopign this works in Decemeber. If it doesnt then I am on to IVF!

I am so sorry about bfn ttc, this cycle will do the trick for us!!

Dr gave me bcps to shorten and to regulate my cycles this month as i was having HSG and she didn't want to start something this cycle.. Plus i am on doxycycline (teratogenic) for 10 days, i am on CD 10 today.

And i will be on femara i think, haven't got my protocol yet! why are you using injectables? Have you been on femara?

Hi ladies, may I join you?

As you can see from my siggy I've also been down this route before. I had such high hopes for our iui in September but BFN. Seems such a long time ago.
I've just had a lap and now I hope I can do iui in dec but this time with injectables again. I'm seeing my cons on Monday so I hope I get the go ahead :)
I'm currently 5dpo

Hello ladies! :hi: I would love to join you all.

I'm currently on BCP. I have an appointment with the FS on Wednesday and I'm supposed to start the Lupron with BCP for 10 days, stop the BCP, continue with the Lurpon until the :witch: shows and then start my IUI cycle with Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur along with a trigger shot :wacko: I feel like it's so much to keep up with! And I'm already crying about the injections! I HATE needles so I'm a little nervous. If all were to work out well my IUI will be between December 14 to the 17th.

Ttcbaby117 ~ Thank you for starting this thread. I'm so happy to have found you ladies. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this 2nd IUI it your lucky charm.

Mrs. T ~ What cd do you usually get your IUI done on? Which injectable medications are you using this cycle?

MissyMaddy ~ We are both on the BCP right now. How are you feeling? I haven't taken BCP in over 5 years and right now I'm hating the breast tenderness.

Charliegirl27 ~ Which injectable medications will you be taking during this IUI cycle?

MissMaddy - I have to travel from the Bahamas to Florida everytime I do treatments so my Dr was aggressive with me and we decided to go straight to injectables to give me a better chance of success. She has actually told me she would get straight to IVF now, but we opted to try IUI one more time.

August - welcome! Well It sounds almost like you are on an IVF protocol and not IUI with all of those meds. I am chicken too with the meds and I have my sister do my injections because she is a nurse.

AFM - My af is sooooo heavy this time and soooo painful. I guess from all of the hormones I was on for this failed IUI cycle...WOW! I sitting here with a heating pad trying to get some comfort!

Welcome Charlie! Good luck! I hope this IUI works for you!

Welcome Charlie.. Thats kinda disappointing when you are unexplained! Hope injectables will bring you bfp once again!! My dr. Says there is 30% chance of success with injectables which is pretty good.. So Good luck!!

Hi August.. Welcome to the board, i was on bcps when i was ttc#1 for a month to regulate my cycles, and i was so swollen on day 21 that i didnt even recognize myself in mirror! Lol! But clomid after that cycles was a success, i am blaoted abit and having a nausea right now, may be because of antibiotics?

Ttc: I pray this cycle is it for you and that you do not have to move to ivf!! But if you do, ivf gives you much better chances, my doctor asked me if i wanna go for ivf, but i decided to give it a try, may be for 3-4 cycles!! Sorry about AF, have alot of rest, get some hot tea or ask your hubby to make it ;)

Anyone on Extended release glucophage? I am gonna start it from today!!

Hello ladies! :hi: I would love to join you all.

I'm currently on BCP. I have an appointment with the FS on Wednesday and I'm supposed to start the Lupron with BCP for 10 days, stop the BCP, continue with the Lurpon until the :witch: shows and then start my IUI cycle with Lupron, Bravelle and Menopur along with a trigger shot :wacko: I feel like it's so much to keep up with! And I'm already crying about the injections! I HATE needles so I'm a little nervous. If all were to work out well my IUI will be between December 14 to the 17th.

Ttcbaby117 ~ Thank you for starting this thread. I'm so happy to have found you ladies. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this 2nd IUI it your lucky charm.

Mrs. T ~ What cd do you usually get your IUI done on? Which injectable medications are you using this cycle?

MissyMaddy ~ We are both on the BCP right now. How are you feeling? I haven't taken BCP in over 5 years and right now I'm hating the breast tenderness.

Charliegirl27 ~ Which injectable medications will you be taking during this IUI cycle?

Welcome Charlie! Good luck! I hope this IUI works for you!

Welcome Charlie.. Thats kinda disappointing when you are unexplained! Hope injectables will bring you bfp once again!! My dr. Says there is 30% chance of success with injectables which is pretty good.. So Good luck!!

Hi August.. Welcome to the board, i was on bcps when i was ttc#1 for a month to regulate my cycles, and i was so swollen on day 21 that i didnt even recognize myself in mirror! Lol! But clomid after that cycles was a success, i am blaoted abit and having a nausea right now, may be because of antibiotics?

Ttc: I pray this cycle is it for you and that you do not have to move to ivf!! But if you do, ivf gives you much better chances, my doctor asked me if i wanna go for ivf, but i decided to give it a try, may be for 3-4 cycles!! Sorry about AF, have alot of rest, get some hot tea or ask your hubby to make it ;)

Anyone on Extended release glucophage? I am gonna start it from today!!

I hate needles too! My hubby had to chase me around the house to do them initially but then one day he was away and i had to do it myself. It took ages but once that first one was over, it wasn't too bad surprisingly!
I will be on Gonal f injections (and trigger) again as that's what I used before and I responded well. I should be doing mine first week of dec if all well. I usually 'O' on day 14 but with injectables last time I used them I had my iui on day 11 which will be approx dec 5th!
Missmaddy, unexplained sucks. i like control and this can feel like torture some months! What is glucophage for?

Can I join too? Was hoping I wouldn't have to but got told today this months IUI has been cancelled as I've over responded, been threatening all week to happen but after today's scan there is no way they'll let it go ahead. I'm gutted and now just want this cycle over and done with so we can try again but now have a 2-3 week wait for AF.

@Augustluvers -

I usually trigger on cd14 and do B2B IUIs on cds 15 & 16. That was when I was using Femara and I only had one follicle each time. It may be different this time on injectables. And I believe I will be using Puregon.

And I am right there with you on hating needles. Just the trigger is bad enough and now I will be doing injectables so I will have to be getting a needle everyday! Yikes!!!

Hi Tinkerbell3! Sorry to hear about your cancelled cycle. Did you over respond on injectables? I am scared of that happening.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->