IUI Scheduled for January 7, 2o13! Come oooon big follicles!!!

I have followed your story a bit, it is sadly a lot like mine. My ex-dh and I tried for 5 years (8 medicated Follistim IUIs and several unmedicated IUIs) with not even a hint of a BFP. We were both tested for all of the common miscarriage reasons and they found nothing. Then I started to get pregnant on my own only to suffer miscarriage after miscarriage. 11 in all. We had every test you can imagine done and one of the last ones my RE did was a (sperm) DNA defragmentation test. It finally gave us our answers. Our only hope at conceiving would be done through ICSI / IVF. We didn't make it that far and after 10 years of marriage divorced. A lot of doctors don't test for the DNA Defrag if you are going to ICSI anyway but if you haven't done this test you might ask for it. If you are dealing with the defrag you will most likely not conceive and carry to term without IVF/ICSI. There is always the chance that you may, if you can endure the loss after loss. I couldn't after 11 losses.

I know the pain and anguish you are going through and there are no words...Hopefully you are working with an RE even if you decide that IVF isn't the right path for you.

Wishing you all the best!

I have followed your story a bit, it is sadly a lot like mine. My ex-dh and I tried for 5 years (8 medicated Follistim IUIs and several unmedicated IUIs) with not even a hint of a BFP. We were both tested for all of the common miscarriage reasons and they found nothing. Then I started to get pregnant on my own only to suffer miscarriage after miscarriage. 11 in all. We had every test you can imagine done and one of the last ones my RE did was a (sperm) DNA defragmentation test. It finally gave us our answers. Our only hope at conceiving would be done through ICSI / IVF. We didn't make it that far and after 10 years of marriage divorced. A lot of doctors don't test for the DNA Defrag if you are going to ICSI anyway but if you haven't done this test you might ask for it. If you are dealing with the defrag you will most likely not conceive and carry to term without IVF/ICSI. There is always the chance that you may, if you can endure the loss after loss. I couldn't after 11 losses.

I know the pain and anguish you are going through and there are no words...Hopefully you are working with an RE even if you decide that IVF isn't the right path for you.

Wishing you all the best!

Thank you so very much for sharing your story with me. It means so much to me to know that there are women out there who are going through similar trials in life, I am very sorry that your marriage did not survive...there have been many points in my marriage when I feel like this unexplained infertility will destroy us, I have such a hard time looking forward to things, or even talking to DH about so much of this because he doesn't even begin to understand it. Without the ladies on this forum, I surely would have lost my mind by now.

If you wouldn't mind my asking, do you know the full name of the test? Is defrag short for defragmentation? I know that we did a chromosome analysis on both sides and it was clean and clear...I'll have to do some research and see if my insurance covers it...it sounds pricey. lol

Well ladies! IUI is a week away and I'm starting to get nervous/excited. I keep telling myself that I won't test out the trigger, but I know I won't be able to control myself when it comes down to it.

I also started my new vitamin protocol!

81mg aspirin
Blue Green Algae
Prenatal with DHA
DHEA
Q-10
Fish Oil

It's a ton of vitamins!! I was a little nervous looking at my little pile of stuff I had to swallow...and yeah, most of them are horse pills too! Ugh.

After IUI, I'll be starting my steroid and my progesterone.

I want to do everything in my power to keep this bean stuck, because if I lose another one, it won't just be the loss of a bean, it will also be a loss of $350 :(

I hate taking such expensive risks, but I'm confident that this steroid will work this time. I'm going to be asking if I can up the dose to 25mg instead of 20mg this month.

Hope everyone had a good holiday and is out busily celebrating the new year!

Sounds like a great plan!!! I may steal some of the meds off your list also for me as idk whats my issue... Waiting on testing. I really really really pray this Iui works for you!!! Can you do back to back Iui?? Sometimes that improves the odds. Good luck!! When is your follie scan?

Are you using anything to stim? Or going au natural?

I'm praying so hard you get a sticky soon!

We're going all natural this time, I didn't want to medicate this cycle.

No follicle US until CD15, when I get there....so hopefully it all works out. The place is so far away it's a complete waste of trip to go up there and not have ripe follicles.

FX my lining is good.

This is our last IUI, DH is making me pay for this one and being jobless right now, it's taken me since our last IUI to save up for it...so we won't be doing any back to back IUIs. Hopefully this one takes.

Fx this is all it will take for a sticky bfp! I always test out the trigger but I have a problem with POAS. :haha: Have you thought about acupuncture? I did it the month I got my bfp. Not sure if it helped or not but I don't think it hurt anything. Our insurance covered it because I was also going in for headaches as well. They wouldn't cover it for infertility alone. It's something to look into if you can.

I'm wishing you all the luck in the world! I know how heartbreaking it all is and you so deserve some good luck xx

Thank you. I just got to the clinic, appointment is in 30 minutes.

I'm super nervous! Lol

Good luck today! I'm sure it will go great. :flower:

I'm done.

Just finished.

One follicle, 15mm. Doc wants me to come back Wednesday, but his earliest available is 1:15pm....

They told me I could show up with my specimen at 8am and wait to see of someone doesn't show up.

Yeah, that's not going to happen.

I'm so frustrated right now that I could cry.

Aww hopefully it will all work out...

Mammaspath LOVE LOVE LOVE the profile pic :thumbup:

Yeah can't you wait till 1 hunnie how come your upset ?? 15mm is good isn't it xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->