IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Flake-y

Proud mama & pregnant!
Reaction score
Hi girls,

I'm having my first IUI (due to male factor) in 2 weeks time & am very excited!!! I know it's not likely to work first time but you never know...

Anyway, anyone else in the same boat; starting IUI soon? Would be good to have a buddy!:hugs:

Hey there ! am also having IUI in September - it will be my 3rd so will need to keep fingers crossed !
what meds are you on ? if any ?
so wierd doing the first 2 as DH's sperm count/mobility etc was SO different for each of the 2 IUIs.
I'm actually due AF on Thurs (26th) but am 99% confident its coming - hence the reason i'm sure i'll be joining you in Sept !! :)

Hi there!
I'll be on letrozole, I ovulate fine but have mild PCOS so cycles are a bit erratic. We're using donor sperm as we found out recently DH is infertile. I'll def be starting on 6th sept, af is 100% due on the sunday!!!

3rd time lucky for you!!! Hope you get your bfp this time. What meds are you using?

hey flake-y ! i literally just spent the last hour reading your TTC journal !
We have been TTC since April 09. I have endometriosis and had a laparoscopy in Feb. Hubby had antibodies in his sperm.
Am on cylogest (progestrogone suppositories) and also clomid
so excited just to get on with the next IUI cycle ! AF is coming in 2/3 days - really it is as i have had spotting getting darker for the last 5 :(
so i will have next IUI on day 15 of cycle prob.
so glad am not the only one !! only been on this site a week and already feel like there is SO much support out there xxx

It's a great site, and easy to get addicted to!

Thanks for reading my journal, you should start your own, it's good to look back on, esp when you get your bfp!!!

I'm excited too about starting; don't know what to expect at all but wish the next 2 weeks would just hurry up & happen so we can get started! I am too impatient!!

So only a couple of weeks till the actual IUI for you; very exciting!!! I will be following your progress!!!

yeah, i had 2 follies this IUI so was super hopeful but the sperm count was really low this time. did you evr think it would be this hard ?!?! when i think of all those years using contraception ! LOL !
We are going to do 3/4 IUI's them move on to IVF if necessary - all bleedin expensive !!
how many IUI's did your doc recommend ?
x

yeah, i had 2 follies this IUI so was super hopeful but the sperm count was really low this time. did you evr think it would be this hard ?!?! when i think of all those years using contraception ! LOL !
We are going to do 3/4 IUI's them move on to IVF if necessary - all bleedin expensive !!
how many IUI's did your doc recommend ?
x

We're doing the same; they recommended 3 IUIs, then IVF. It is bloomin' expensive! I take it you are going private too then; our waiting lists here are 2 years for IVF & at least a year for IUI, & god knows how long for the sperm retrieval that DH has already had done privately!!! Ridiculous.

Oh, years of contraception; if we had known it would take this long we should have started trying the day we med our DHs! Then we might already be pg...LOL

Hi girls,

I'm having my first IUI (due to male factor) in 2 weeks time & am very excited!!! I know it's not likely to work first time but you never know...

Anyway, anyone else in the same boat; starting IUI soon? Would be good to have a buddy!:hugs:

Me, me!! I'm starting soon, too! We have "unexplained," have been TTC for 1 and 1/2 to 2 years (kind of lost count). It'll be our first IUI, and should start around Sept. 1st. I'm excited to have a buddy!!:happydance:

Ooooh glad am not the only one doing it this month ! I expect my next IUI will be on Wed 8th Sept. Let’s hope its 3rd time lucky !!
My doc plays chilled pan pipe music which always makes me chuckle. DH and I were joking about pan pipe names we could call the baby if it worked........
:)

Hey Jo!

I'm with you but not IUI of course but thought I'd follow your progress here too :) xx

So for those of us IUI’ing this month is there anything you think we can do to improve our chances ?
Here is what i’ll try, any more tips though?
• DH’s sperm sample is always best after 5 days abstince pre IUI, if its 2/3 days the sample tends to have a really low count
• No boozing for DH in days running up to IUI !!
• BD the night of IUI and the morning after (my doc MAKES me do this). Says really helps.
• Hmmmm acupuncture ?? reflexology ?
• Lots of veggies and the odd glass of red !

Eek !
xx

BD the night of IUI and the morning after (my doc MAKES me do this). Says really helps.
xx

Really? Interesting!!! Wonder if that's the same cause we're using a donor; I'll be too embarrassed to ask, my dr's a youngish man!!! lol:blush:

I was thinking of trying acupuncture; might phone up my clinic & see if they can recommend anywhere!!!:thumbup:

Hi girls,

Me, me!! I'm starting soon, too! We have "unexplained," have been TTC for 1 and 1/2 to 2 years (kind of lost count). It'll be our first IUI, and should start around Sept. 1st. I'm excited to have a buddy!!:happydance:

Excellent!!! What meds are they putting you on>? It's all very exciting isn't it!!!:hugs:

hey flake-y ! yes ask your doc ! dont be shy they've heard it all.
What do you know about your donor ? tall dark and hansome ??!? i hope you get a good sample, are you using "fresh" or "frozen" ?
xx

ps - reflexology also meant to be great pre IUI.
also no hot baths after i heard ??!! but maybe thats a myth.....
i reckon i might try accupuncture too - anything that relaxes us must be good !
literally so excited to get on and do the next one !!
oh - tell me if this is wierd - we have been TTC for such a while that i bought a new diary. i thought that to make me feel more positive i wanted to scrap all the previous year or two and start afresh. actually has made me feel really good !
xxx

What do you know about your donor ? tall dark and hansome ??!? i hope you get a good sample, are you using "fresh" or "frozen" ?
xx

Actually, yes! Tall, dark & handsome was the description of him on the 'staff impression' bit on the site!

He's from the european sperm bank, we saw his baby photo, read the staff impression (lol), read all about what he does, & his & his family's medical history, we heard an audio interview so we know what he sounds like, & the obvious, height, weight, hair & eye colour, skin type etc!!
So quite a lot really which is pretty good!

It's frozen, it is as I type winging it's way from the bank in Denmark in a specially frosty container that costs 300 euros to get here!:growlmad:

300 euro ! jeepers creepers ! one of my sisters mates have an IVF baby and they joke that the should have called him the £18k wank !! bleedin expensive isnt it.
we're private too at the mo - mainly cos of the NHS waiting list - my doc said that it woulnt be wise for me to wait 2 years with my endometriosis - however, i must make an appointment to get on the list so we at least can have a go with nhs later down the line if needs be.
gosh i really had one of those days where i couldnt concentrate at work today cos i was jut thinking of babies and conception and all sorts ! then i found myself googling menstural spotting for an hour or so ! i hope work never track my internet use ! am sure i'd have the sack right away !!
xxxxx

I'm in for September too! I start Clomid on friday. My Dr. waits for a natural LH surge so IUI should be about 15 days from today...(the one good thing I can say about my body is that it runs like clockwork). I'm excited again, hoping to be 2nd time lucky. I'll make DH hold off for longer this time so our count will be better! Can I say how nice it is to be able to talk to people going through the same thing? The girls at work know, but don't really understand...none of them even really like or want children!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->