IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Sooo... did the ultrasound. Wasn't painful, I had kinda expected it to be. They did two ultrasounds, internal and external. The external first didn't show anything because I have a tilted uterus, so that means the tech has to try and chase my uterus. Not fun, and not comfortable. They take the scanner and push as hard as they can in, then they point it straight down at an angle, ugh, uncomfortable. Internal wasn't very pleasant, but at least not painful. Everything looks normal she said, the doctor came in and said the same thing after reading all the charts and scans. Only thing they did say is it looks like I'm going to ovulate from the left side, and I have one follicle that appears much larger than the day 5 that I am currently on. Nothing about multiple follicles or anything, 1 follicle, and they don't think I would make it till day 16 (32 day cycle). So I asked them if they knew about when I should expect O and they had no idea. So how do they know it is too big and yet not know any more than that? And to make matters worse Monday is a holiday here, so I won't know anything until day 9 and that could be too late! Ugh. So husband said we'll just "baby dance" every 12 hours for the next weekend (luckily he is off work) but this just all seems craziness. I O'd on the 9th 2 cycles ago, but the OBGYN said there was no way I did, that was way too early, but everything from the scan would indicate I DID O on the 9th, and the 16th is way too late. Ugh! Can't I just know exactly when I'm going to O and get this going already????

Hi Ladies!

May I join your thread? This will "hopefully" be my 2nd IUI. The first round ended in a negative BETA 2 days ago at RE's. They told me to wait and see if and when "the witch" arrives (delayed up to 10 days due to Progesterone supplementation). Well she arrived this morning! Never thought I would be happy to see her!

Anyway, this means that I can go in Wednesday for a scan and if there are no left over cysts from this past months IUI (which apparently is very common) then we can start injectibles again Wednesday evening!!! Gonal F and Menopur.

Last month had 4 mature follies and DH's sample was apparently "very good", so was a bit shocked that it didnt' take, but like the RE said - "It's really a crap-shoot" - ENCOURAGING!! LOL.

Good luck Ladies!!!!

Wendy

:hi: ladies. How is it going? I'm trying to take breaks from BnB so only stopping in from time to time to catch up. I'm currently on day 3 of Clomid for our first IUI this cycle. So far so good...a bit nervous about the trigger shot. Has anyone done it? Is it bad?

Hey everyone! Hope everyone is getting on well with their IUI so far!

:witch: arrived today so I will be off to the clinic tomorrow for my scan & to pick up my letrozole!!! I'm very excited to be starting. Hope it works!!! fxed...

Well, we're doing good over here on day 6. We're just so confused as to O day, so we've already starting out OPK testing, and it's starting to show darker on the second day. So we're going to check every day and keep BDing with hopes that something works. And I'm probably crazy, but I went to BabiesR'Us (US baby store- chain type) and they had a ton of clearance baby clothes in yellow, white, green and a cute orange. Well, 35 dollars later, I have 30 sleep n'plays, 15 onesies, and 12 socks. It's awesome, 5 sleep n'plays for $2.35! I spent 20 bucks, and then realized I wasn't going to win the battle, went back and bought a bunch more. Let's just say I'm going to be completely ready for this baby before he/she is even conceived! Am I alone on this? I'm sure I've gone crazy, but getting an amazing deal on baby gear does kinda help get me in the BD mood lol! Yep, they are gonna put me in the crazy car for sure!

:hi: ladies. How is it going? I'm trying to take breaks from BnB so only stopping in from time to time to catch up. I'm currently on day 3 of Clomid for our first IUI this cycle. So far so good...a bit nervous about the trigger shot. Has anyone done it? Is it bad?

Hey there ! i have my scan today....... the IUI in next few days. The trigger shot doesnt hurt, My doc tells me to "fake a sneeze" then she jabs it in. really its fine, and i am the biggest baby in the world when it comes to these things ! xxx

Hi girls,
I had my day 12 scan yesterday and have three follies 17,20 and 24mm. Going back for bloods again today but likely will be having IUI Thurs. How long do you think I should make DH hold off? I'll have tobreak the news to him today...:blush:

Hey ladies !! just had my scan. 2 follies, one mature and one nearly mature. I have my IUI scheduled for 5.30 pm on Wednesday !!

REALLY SCARED as i have to inject myself tomorrow morning at 8.30 am - its my trigger shot. It never hurts when my doc does it - but heck i dont want to do it myself !!! has anyone had to do this before ?!?!

i recon 4 days abstinenece for IUI is good, but i think its kinda variable with men as sometimes they have loads of sperm and sometimes less. Depends on a whole load of factors. either way anything from 3-5 days is fine. More than 5 can cause probs i think ?!?!

pleeeeeeeease keep your fingers crossed this IUI works for us as its IVF after this !!!
xxxxxxx

Hey ladies !! just had my scan. 2 follies, one mature and one nearly mature. I have my IUI scheduled for 5.30 pm on Wednesday !!

REALLY SCARED as i have to inject myself tomorrow morning at 8.30 am - its my trigger shot. It never hurts when my doc does it - but heck i dont want to do it myself !!! has anyone had to do this before ?!?!

i recon 4 days abstinenece for IUI is good, but i think its kinda variable with men as sometimes they have loads of sperm and sometimes less. Depends on a whole load of factors. either way anything from 3-5 days is fine. More than 5 can cause probs i think ?!?!

pleeeeeeeease keep your fingers crossed this IUI works for us as its IVF after this !!!
xxxxxxx

I have never done the trigger before, but think if you ice down the spot that you will inject into it should help. I've stabbed myself sooo many times at work (work the veterinary field, animals move...I poke myself sometimes:dohh:) and it's not too bad even if your skin isn't numb. Good luck on Wednesday!:thumbup:

I have done the trigger shot myself and it really doesn't hurt, the needle is so thin, it just stings a little but that's it - good luck!!

I'm not sure I would suggest 4 days! The research coming out now says 24-48 hours, but anything over 48 hours decreases the healthiness of the sperm. I'm on a 24 hour or 12 hour BD schedule with husband. Give him some folic acid, and every 24 hours would be good, 36 might be better if you want that little extra jump in count without affecting the health of the sperm.

oh and I have a prescription for the trigger, but I'm not sure I'm going to get it. I called the pharmacy and they want 142 dollars for the darn shot! Can I ask how much you ladies spent on your trigger?

My trigger shot was 5000iu Pregnyl and cost just under £4 (am in UK) - wow that is a lot of money??? x

insurance doesn't cover it, which is just lovely. But that's what I said, it's a LOT of money for something I do naturally. Yes, I may not be able to time myself and know exactly, but if I do it naturally, we might just try and use more OPKs to catch it, right?

I'm not sure I would suggest 4 days! The research coming out now says 24-48 hours, but anything over 48 hours decreases the healthiness of the sperm. I'm on a 24 hour or 12 hour BD schedule with husband. Give him some folic acid, and every 24 hours would be good, 36 might be better if you want that little extra jump in count without affecting the health of the sperm.

Think it depends on the bloke ? My doc said dont BD etc for 3 days before IUI. But that may be specific to us and my DH's sperm issues. He historically gets a much higher cound after 3-5 days absinence, than 1-2.
If in doubt check with your doc i say
x

very true, I should mention we don't necessarily have a count issue, we have a morphology issue so we are more concerned with the health than the number. So it's very true I might be mistaken, sorry!

I'm so glad I found this!!! I started Follistim (50IU) injections for my IUI this cycle... and I've done 3 days of them now. I actually posted a question about it, because I'm not getting any ovary pain/pressure/twinges that I normally get naturally, with Clomid, or with Soy Isoflavones! So, I'm terrified that I'm not responding to the meds. Anyone able to tell me that the pain isn't necessary even though I'm used to it happening?

My first scan to see how its going is in about 2.5 days... which is waaaaaaaaaay too long!

I don't think you HAVE to have the pain to have growth. I haven't had nearly as much pain this cycle but I went for a look-see and they said the eggies were much bigger than what they should be for day 5 (which is where I was at that time). I'm not at day 9, but there has been much less pain than normal, so I think you are fine. Maybe it's a sign of really good things to come?

Im in my first iui 2ww!

I took the injections gonal f and suprecur. I didn't feel any pain in my ovaries at all during the first week and a half, however on one of my final scans before iui was planned they saw that my follies hadnt grown much so I ended up with about 5 follies at 9mm!

They decided to alter my doses slightly and gave me the opportunity to carry on or cancell. I decided to stick with it, and in that week after the dose increase, I did feel the odd twinge and pain in my ovaries, nothing like I expected though!

A scan a week later revealed that my follicle on the right had grown to 20mm and one on my left to 14mm.

I was then given the hcg shot and the iui was booked in for 2 days later.

If you want to take a look at my journal, I have put lots of info in there about the whole process that I experienced!

Good luck to you all with your IUI's and plenty of sticky :dust: to you all in this thread! :hugs:

Thank you so much, girls!!! :hugs: I'll definitely take a look in your journal nnn! I'm glad to know that the pain doesn't have to come necessarily! :)

I can't wait to share this journey with you all!!! I hope there are good things coming for all of us very soon!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->