IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

It really is good talking to people who understand!!!

Don't know where I'd be without bnb, probably a jibbering idiot by now!!!

Scomar- I was going to get a new diary too, & start writing in it when we start our IUI. I know I've got the journal on here, but I thought it'd be a nice thing for our future children to read in a few decades time!!!

Hi! Can I join too? If I don't fall pregnant this month (I'm due in about a week), I will be having my first IUI in mid September- assuming my final round of tests go well. I am very excited to move on to this step! I do acupuncture as well. It seems to keep my stress level down...a little bit :blush:

Hi all
Please can I join? I had my first IUI 2 days ago (Friday). My partner and I are a same sex couple so had IUI with donor sperm. I am 33 and my partner is 27. I had 50mg clomid from day 2-6 of my cycle, then trigger shot on Weds at 8pm and as I said IUI on Friday. The day of my trigger shot I had 3 follicles, a 20mm, an 18mm and a 15mm. The nurse said if it works, then a high chance of twins which would be amazing!!! Our clinic has asked us to wait 3 weeks until we test so our OTD is 17th Sept but everyone else seems to have a 2 week wait so I doubt we will be waiting the whole 3 weeks. I personally found the IUI procedure painful but I have a tilted cervix which the doctor found really hard to find - I had some bleeding after the IUI but by Saturday lunchtime that had all finished. I seem to have a constant stitch on one side, not sure what that is though, Im hoping something good is happening in there. I wish I had found a thread like this just before I started my IUI but am glad I have found it now. I can't wait to hear all your updates and of course I will keep you posted of how we are getting along xx

Welcome Blondemop and Wilpin!
Blondmop, hopefully AF stays away and you don't need IUI!
Wilpin, the tww feels even longer with IUI! I found it a bit painful too, but I also have a tilted cervix.The IUI took a little while because she stopped every time I started cramping. What cycle day did you do the IUI?

Hi Missmarls
It was so painful, the doctor kept making me cough (I assume that's to help him find my cervix), after it was all done I apologised for all the ouching and pillow chewing I did!
I did my trigger at 8pm on cd12 and had my iui on cd 14 x

Hi everyone!

Blondemop, looks like we will be having our IUIs about the same time, I'm due af a week today!!! Also thinking about having acupuncture too.

Wilpin, we're using donor sperm too, but for different reasons, my DH is infertile. High chance of twins for you is brilliant, my clinic are so against twins, I understand their reasons but I'd secretly love twins!!! Where did you get your donor sperm? Do you know much about the donor?

Hi Flake!
Obviously we would love to have just one baby but twins would be a dream come true.
We are currently with Care and got our donor sperm through them. All we know is our donor's height, build, hair colour, eye colour, hobbies and job. If you get it through the European sperm bank then you get to know a lot more about the donor, even photos x

Hello ladies! We'll be having a go at IUI (round 2) this month. I apologize if some of what I say sounds weird, I'm guessing babyandbump is a European website? Well, I'm from across that little bit of water there! Anyway, we're having our second round of IUI middle of September. Had first round mid September, but today is cycle day 1, so you guessed it, no luck. We have a morphology (shape) score, but it's not really that bad, so we're guessing that's the problem. We have insurance through husband's work, but they don't cover IUI, IVF, or fertility anything. They will help us figure out what's wrong, but they won't help us fix it. Gotta love insurance. The only plus side is for the money(12.500 USD for IVF) , you can get in anywhere you need to (for IUI or IVF). We don't have to wait like I hear so many women do.

So meds, we have been doing 5 mg of Femara. I hear so many people are using Clomid, but our doctor was actually against that because it has a lot of side effects (reducing the uterine lining and drying it out so it will actually become toxic to the sperm). Femara works like Clomid, but without the drying out problems. If you web-search Femara without knowing what it is, you are in for a shock, we were at least. Its a drug used for Breast Cancer, but interestingly, it works wonders for fertility without having any serious negatives! That's really all we're doing, 5 mg days 3-8. We've been trying for a bit over 2 years, and we're stressed about it, but it will happen in due time. We haven't had the most stress free 2 years (bought a house, tried to sell the house but it took 2 years, finally sold it, moved from one side of the country to the other, live in a place where I don't know anyone with only one set of friends in 3000 miles)... so you know, it's been a breeze.... >.> Anyway! I'm with you ladies, IUI not horrible, not fun, but hopefully in the end, just another extra added step in the golden journey to mommy-hood!

Hi all
Just an update, I am now 3 dpiui - the constant stitch I had on my left hand side has gone but I now keep getting the odd twinge just under my belly button. Also my boobs feel full but not sore and I have lots of CM and wind (TMI, sorry! Haha)
Hope everyone is well xx

Hi Flake!
Obviously we would love to have just one baby but twins would be a dream come true.
We are currently with Care and got our donor sperm through them. All we know is our donor's height, build, hair colour, eye colour, hobbies and job. If you get it through the European sperm bank then you get to know a lot more about the donor, even photos x

Yeah, we got ours from the European Sperm Bank, we got a baby photo of our donor, kind of weird!!!:wacko:

hi all !! just thought i would check in to see how everyone is doing ! am likely to have my 3rd IUI on 9th Sept.
My AF arrived on Sat - really annoyed. To be honest i wasnt as upset with this failed IUI as with the first one. I sort of felt it failed from the start. Sperm count was low and it just didnt feel right. Here's hoping for next time !!
Anyone got their IUI date yet ?
Anyone had a follie scan
xx

Hey scomar, sorry to hear about af arriving; 9th sept is not long to wait till the next one though!!! Fxed for a bfp for you this time, 3rd time lucky!!!

I'm still waiting for af to arrive, it'll prob be here on Sunday so will get baseline scan on Monday I guess!

Am excited about this time around - here's hoping !
I went on Amazon the other night and bought a book about foods that help ovulation and conception. Want to try to lose a few pounds anyway so i thought it cant do any harm ! am sure it will be the usual, low caffine, lots of veg etc. but it makes me feel better knowing am doing the things i should be.
I'm going to make sure DH abstains a good 5 days before our IUI this time. Hopefully that should give us a better chance.
Am am impatient for the 9th Feb now wish it would bleedin hurry up ! then the massive 2 week wait either. I never thought i would like my life in 2 week chapters !!!

I know! I've never wanted time to speed up so much in my life.

Hi ladies, a bit of an update. We are planning IUI # 2 September 14. But I called the Dr. about a few other problems, constant pain, etc. She is planning an ultrasound tomorrow, then another ultrasound on day 12 to check follie size and count. We're on Femara, so hoping for a good count. We have another SA to do, so that's getting scheduled too. Then the Dr. said she wants husband to take pre-natal vitamins and folic acid as well. According to the Dr. and a few medical journals, folic acid appears to boost count. Then we will round it all up with the IUI, so we're crossing our fingers. Each month I've had little things that made me think "hey, just maybe..." but I have yet to have the "a ha!" moment or feeling or symptom. Hopefully one will come about this month! Oh, and I've decided to lose a bit of weight! I started at about 29.2 BMi and I'm down to about 27.9 in 5 days, so I'm going to keep going. I just cut out the sweets for a few days and started walking 30 minutes a day or more and it's helping me feel better! Good luck ladies!

ooh am starting to try and shift a few pounds too ! whilst TTC i have sort of convinced myself that i shouldnt be doing heavy exercise!! great excuse..... So on Tuesday i started dieting and so far so good, walked him from work tongiht and had a carb free dinner. here's hoping a shift a few pounds !
i just want it to be monday now as am getting my follie scan !! woooo hooooooo - i hope there are 2 nice big ones.
ps watched "i didnt know i was pregnant" tonight on lifestyle channel - man that programmes is craaaaaaazy !!!
x

ps i hope your ultrasound tomorrow goes well babybumpage

Well, I am pretty sure AF will be showing up sometime this weekend. I have all of those familiar feelings. :growlmad: SOOOOO...Next week I should have my HSG and if everything looks good with that then my first IUI sometime around the 17th or 18th. All I can hope for is that the timing works out as DH and I have plans to leave town on the 19th.
All of my labs and ultrasounds this month looked "GREAT!" Not sure if my FS will put me on clomid. This month I had 5 good follicles naturally. We will see I guess.
Still feeling a little :cry:

blonde, I hate that feeling too, when you just know it didn't work and you are starting over. I've found what works for me is to just assume it hasn't worked, the whole expect the worse but hope for the best. I always hope it worked and I'm more than happy to be surprised and excited when it does, but by kind of assuming it probably didn't work (realistic numbers say it's always about say 80% against our favor) then I kind of skip the depressing days when I mope around and feel sad and eat all the chocolate and ice cream in the house!

scomar, thanks so much! The Dr was supposed to have the orders sent to the lab yesterday, but didn't so I had to spend half the day on the phone. Finally got everything together and scheduled for 4pm tomorrow! Which is a relief so husband can drive me! I had my shoulder replaced in May so exercise for me is a new process. I've been immobile for about a year because of a car accident, but now I'm fixed and ready to exercise, but it's so hard because I've always been in good shape, and now everything feels like jello! My husband keeps wanting to go "running" and thanks to the mood swings of femara, I spend the next 2 hours throwing a fit and then not going anywhere since even walking is the challenge! I have managed to eat much better the last 3 days, I've only lost about 3 pounds now. Hopefully this week goes better!

ps watched "i didnt know i was pregnant" tonight on lifestyle channel - man that programmes is craaaaaaazy !!!
x

I've seen that show- it's mad!!!!!

Hope your scan goes well on Monday:thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14