• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

IUI starting September! Anyone with me...

Hey everyone, well that's my IUI in progress; started taking letrozole yesterday!

Go back for a scan next Monday so we'll see what happens then. I didn't know you got ovary pain; I haven't had anything at all, was expecting some kind of side-effects like bloating but I suppose it's too early, my follicles will still be tiny!

I guess it just shows that ovary pain isn't necessary... I just don't get why I get it every month, but I'm not getting it with the Follistim. You'd think it would be worse... but maybe not!

I know some girls get ovary pain every month when they ovulate (I've never had it, or never noticed it anyway) so I guess everyone is different when it comes to symptoms & things!

I swear i notice symptoms now that i never used to have ! i can feel my ovaries now during ov time, i never did before -- but i think its cos i never tuned into it ?!
loads of people feel nothing at all too, so i think either is fine.
When do you think your IUI will be Flakey ?
I have mine tomorrow at 5.30 pm !!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeek !!

Hi Ladies!

Well...an update! Had my baseline scan and blood work today! All is a go for another IUI this month! Starting Gonal F and Menopur today! Never thought I would be excited about more needles!

As far as ovarian "pain" goes, I had my first IUI last month. I was taking a larger than normal dose of Gonal F and I really didn't feel anything until about day 12 when my RE was performing the scan and pushed down on my ovaries to get a "better look", other than that nothing, and I had 4 "almost mature" follicles at that point, so I think everyone is different. I also didn't suffer any of the "emotional breakdowns" and mood swings that I had with Clomid. I thought they would be much worse with injectibles.

My first scan to check the progress is this Friday! I'm taking a higher dose, so hopefully things will be moving along quicker than last month. They were "slow starters" but caught up in no time! Hopefully this month they will be off to a flying start!

If all goes well, I should be triggering around September 19th!

GOOD LUCK LADIES! LOADS OF BABY DUST TO ALL OF US THIS MONTH!!!!

Wendy

What do Gonal F and Menapor do ?
i have clomid then a trigger shot usually 34-36 hours before my IUI.
i always find it wierd that all our docs do things so different - i know its cos we are all different - but do you know what i mean ?
whenever anyone mentions a drug i dont know i always think hmmmmm why doesnt my doc give me that !?x

On a random note i just dyed all my whites blue ! but a bleedin pair of blue joggers in with my white wash and now eeeeeeeeeverything that was white has a nasty blue rince tinge to it ! b*llocks !!!!!

I swear i notice symptoms now that i never used to have ! i can feel my ovaries now during ov time, i never did before -- but i think its cos i never tuned into it ?!
loads of people feel nothing at all too, so i think either is fine.
When do you think your IUI will be Flakey ?
I have mine tomorrow at 5.30 pm !!!!!!!! eeeeeeeeeeeek !!

OMG! Tomorrow at 5:30pm!!! That's so soon! :yipee: Everything crossed for you!!

Hi Ladies!

Well...an update! Had my baseline scan and blood work today! All is a go for another IUI this month! Starting Gonal F and Menopur today! Never thought I would be excited about more needles!

As far as ovarian "pain" goes, I had my first IUI last month. I was taking a larger than normal dose of Gonal F and I really didn't feel anything until about day 12 when my RE was performing the scan and pushed down on my ovaries to get a "better look", other than that nothing, and I had 4 "almost mature" follicles at that point, so I think everyone is different. I also didn't suffer any of the "emotional breakdowns" and mood swings that I had with Clomid. I thought they would be much worse with injectibles.

My first scan to check the progress is this Friday! I'm taking a higher dose, so hopefully things will be moving along quicker than last month. They were "slow starters" but caught up in no time! Hopefully this month they will be off to a flying start!

If all goes well, I should be triggering around September 19th!

GOOD LUCK LADIES! LOADS OF BABY DUST TO ALL OF US THIS MONTH!!!!

Wendy

I'm so glad to hear so many people saying that they didn't have pain. Maybe its just different with the injectables! Good luck!!! :hugs:

On a random note i just dyed all my whites blue ! but a bleedin pair of blue joggers in with my white wash and now eeeeeeeeeverything that was white has a nasty blue rince tinge to it ! b*llocks !!!!!

Aww... I hate that! Just bleach the crap out of them! :haha:

i always find it wierd that all our docs do things so different - i know its cos we are all different - but do you know what i mean ?
whenever anyone mentions a drug i dont know i always think hmmmmm why doesnt my doc give me that !?x

Hi There!

Gonal F and Menopur are injectible medications that push you to produce mature follicles. I tried Clomid to no avail - injectibles are apparently much more potent, and not as bad as it all sounds. I am monitored with ultrasounds every 2-3 days to watch the growth of the follicles and to make sure you are not "over-stimulated" (in which case they have no option but to flip you to an IVF cycle). When they are nearing maturity, I am given another injection daily to prevent me from ovulating, but allows the follies to grow. When they are the correct size, I am given the HcG trigger and the IUI is done 36 hours later. I am going for a double IUI this time, so probably 36 and then 48 hours after ovulation.

How long have you been trying Clomid? I tried for 3 months with no success, no my RE moved me on to injectibles. I am a Lab Tech so i deal with needles everyday, but the thought of injecting myself everyday (3 times a day) terrified me - but we do what we need to do and it's not bad at all. The needles are just like Insulin injections (in a pen form) and you don't even feel them!

Good Luck!!!

Hi There!

Gonal F and Menopur are injectible medications that push you to produce mature follicles. I tried Clomid to no avail - injectibles are apparently much more potent, and not as bad as it all sounds. I am monitored with ultrasounds every 2-3 days to watch the growth of the follicles and to make sure you are not "over-stimulated" (in which case they have no option but to flip you to an IVF cycle). When they are nearing maturity, I am given another injection daily to prevent me from ovulating, but allows the follies to grow. When they are the correct size, I am given the HcG trigger and the IUI is done 36 hours later. I am going for a double IUI this time, so probably 36 and then 48 hours after ovulation.

How long have you been trying Clomid? I tried for 3 months with no success, no my RE moved me on to injectibles. I am a Lab Tech so i deal with needles everyday, but the thought of injecting myself everyday (3 times a day) terrified me - but we do what we need to do and it's not bad at all. The needles are just like Insulin injections (in a pen form) and you don't even feel them!

Good Luck!!!

This is absolutely true.. and I'm terrified of needles! :yipee:

F....R...U...S...T...R....A....T....E....D.....

Yes, that's how I feel right now. So I had a scan last Friday (day 5 of cycle) and they said everything looked good, but that I had a large follie on my left side. They woudn't tell me how large, or when they thought I would ovulate. I was frustrated when I left the scan, so was the husband. So that was Friday. Saturday goes by, Sunday goes by, Monday (a holiday) goes by, then today, I get no call from the doctor. I call them at 2:00 and they tell me the doctor will call tomorrow. I inform them I've been waiting all weekend with what I was told was a large follie and I just wanted to know HOW BIG! So she puts me on hold, then tells me the on-call doctor will call me. OK, so I wait and wait, 3 hours later the on-call dr. calls and says the follie was 16 on Friday.... So you ovulate at 20, and I was at 16 on Friday. So it's possible I've already ovulated, although the OPK's don't say that. They indicate I might be closer, but not ovulated. So the on-call dr tells me to call my doctor at 8:00-8:30 am and they will do a scan, and/or IUI. So now husband and I have been BD'ing for the last few days twice a day, and now we can't, and he has to work. So I'm going in at 8:00, forget calling, I'm going to be in the office at 8:00. They can do another scan and if they need the husband I will call him and make him drive in from work. But if they knew I was 16 on Friday, why didn't they call me Friday and TELL ME! Why would they make me wait until today?!? Or even tomorrow! So I guess we see what we have to do tomorrow.

Also, did you know people are using the trigger injection as a form of WEIGHT LOSS?? Apparently that's why the price is 142.00 USD! They are trying to deter people from using it for weight loss... Who in the world would use something like that for weight loss? If any ladies are trying to get under 30 BMI, apparently check out the HCG diet, my doctor said it is actually a very quick way to lose a lot of weight, and it's apparently safe! Who would think of something like that!

I've heard of it... They drop some HCG under their tongue (from what I've been told) and they lose tons of weight quick. I don't freaking get it. How does that work? WTF?!? I need to lose weight, and I have a vial of HCG trigger shot stuff... but I bet I don't use it for that!

That's so frustrating about them not telling you Friday! I now know that I'll have to be sure they tell me everything I want to know whilst I'm there!

I so hope you get good news and haven't missed O! :hugs:

Pharmacy called, they FINALLY fought it out with my insurance. My trigger went from 142.00 for 1 vial to 5.00. RIDICULOUS! The stress is just horrible that these insurance countries put people though!

So then we did an OPK and it comes up light than the rest. Tell me if this makes sense. Yesterday, we did an OPK and it was lighter than the other two days. But when I woke up and it had dried, it had a very dark tiny line though it. It now looks like after 12 hours it would have been a + OPK. So tonight I did another OPK and same as yesterday, it is extremely light. We'll see if it darkens up, but WT...this is not even right. And I asked the OBGYN today about the OPK tiny line being dark and she said she didn't really know, most people just know from testing month after month, but every month mine is totally different! Do you ladies get a small tiny line through a thicker line on your OPK? It's the clearblue OPK.

I've seen it many times on other people's pics... I believe the PeeOnAStick website lady was told that more than 50% of the line had to be the dark color for it to be positive. :shrug: I don't get along with OPK's very well! LOL

Yes... Insurance companies can make things difficult... but sometimes... well, sometimes I get $1200 worth of meds (Follistim and HCG trigger) for $32.50 and then I don't care if they're difficult!

Wow, I dont even want to know how much follistim is going to cost if I have to go that route! I'm starting to feel O pain now, so I'm wondering if we are going to miss it by waiting till morning. Ugh! I hate the stress of just not knowing! These lines aren't 50% but they might be 30-40% but they are just so dark it's hard to ignore them! We're tried other brands, one brand said we were + every day! No joke, every single day!!!

Wow! I wish I had an answer... Could you post a pic?

The Follistim... Well, here's my packing slip from the shipment:

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4153/4959231236_d8347f6cb8_z.jpg

The "Price" is what it cost... The "Paid" was how much I had to pay after my insurance got done with it! I was truly on :cloud9:... because I couldn't afford to do this without my insurance!

I can't post a pic with this computer (husband has wrong card for the available card slots for this computer). So we called the OBGYN on call. She said it's a catch-22. We can BD tonight, and drastically reduce the numbers if we need to do an IUI tomorrow morning. Or we can wait and possibly miss the O because it would be more than 12 hours later. Ugh! Either way we have to take a chance and miss our O if we wait, but we've done BD and it's not taken yet. It's just hard making this decision.

When was the last time you DTD? If it wasn't too long ago, I'd say that you should try and wait until morning.

10 pm last night, 12 noon before that, 9 pm before that, so not too long ago. We decided to wait till morning. If we had even 18 hours we might have chanced it, but we would only have 10 hours, and we just thought his count would take too big a hit in numbers, so it could reduce iui chances. We're hoping the BD'ing before covers us up till yesterday, and we just hope that the eggie holds out for at least 15 hours. I checked as many websites as we could, and no one has definitive answer on how long an egg usually lives for, 12 or 24 or 48 hours. I think we're ruling 48 out, but everything else was split down the middle between 12 and 24 hours. So we just hope the eggie holds on a bit longer. Frustrating tho, husband has to leave work and everything. I'm going to leave the house really early and be at the office when they open. I'm going to have them do a scan and see if the egg might be hanging around. The on-duty obgyn said that there is a huge chance my LH surge might not be enough to release the egg, so it's possible, not likely, but possible the egg could still be there and I would need to trigger to release it and then IUI the next day. But I'm feeling strong O pain, so I'm pretty convinced I O'd at 8pm tonight.

Hi ladies,

Looking forward to hearing you update babybumpage ! and what happened at the clinic. My doc does it a bit different, I have clomid day 2-7 of cycle. Then scan on day 12, the will then either give me a trigger shot or ask me to have a scan the following day if things aren’t quite ready...
I don’t use any OPKs for my IUIs. Does worry me a bit though as just relying on my doc to know her stuff ?!

I don’t really understand how the whole healthcare system in the US works ?
Over her we have the NHS which is free – but with waiting lists. Or you pay to go private. No UK insurance companies cover fertility treatment, but the often cover ops etc. that are linked to it – e.g. I had a laparoscopy 6 months back which was paid for by my insurance company.

We’ve had to pay for all our IUIs which has been a bit gutting that they have not worked !! LOL – I keep on thinking that each IUI was a holiday abroad up in smoke !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
irenetta
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->