IUI success stories?

PinkCupcakes

Reaction score
Hi ladies, please share your IUI success stories with me, I’m currently on CD7 last day of letrozole and then CD13 I go in for US and trigger shot then two days later IUI.

How many IUI tries did it take for you to have a successful pregnancy?

I got lucky on the third try :) My twin boys are almost 9, so it's been a while.

I am in the UK so it works differently here. We did go private however rather than ask the NHS and we had to pay for it. Maybe the NHS might have helped us but I only found this out later, I thought I was too old by then to qualify. I was 41 at the time but we had been trying for about 3 1/2 years. As it turned out however it wasn't my "problem" but OH's, he had antibodies in his sperm.

When are you starting your procedure?

I am in the UK so it works differently here. We did go private however rather than ask the NHS and we had to pay for it. Maybe the NHS might have helped us but I only found this out later, I thought I was too old by then to qualify. I was 41 at the time but we had been trying for about 3 1/2 years. As it turned out however it wasn't my "problem" but OH's, he had antibodies in his sperm.

When are you starting your procedure?

i took letrozole for five days started on CD3, and on January 29th I go in for my US to see which side has good mature follicles and I’ll get my trigger shot and they will send a cup home with me for OH to give a sample in. Then two days later I’ll get the IUI.

when you say he had antibodies what does that mean?

That's is a good question lol. From what I understand it seems that his body was mistakenly fighting the sperm in his semen by making antibodies which were killing and/or damaging it. So it was very difficult for it to fertilise the egg, we were given a 0.8% chance. So what they did was that they "washed" it and then we did IUI. So that meant he had to go to the clinic on the same day as the IUI and give his sample and then they did the washing and then I came in a bit later and they did the IUI.
Because of my age they also gave me some fertility meds which is how we ended up with twins :)

Good luck Pinkcupcake. I had my Ds, now 10, on my 3rd IuI, I was 40 at the time. I'm in the UK too and although I paid for treatment my clinic operated on a 'not for profit' basis which meant all tests and consultations were cover by our NHS and I only paid for the insemination.

Wow thanks ladies! They are doing the sperm wash for my OH as well before the IUI, here’s to hoping this takes the first IUI!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you and look forward to hearing how everything goes.

Thanks ladies!! I have three super mature follicles ready to go! And several small ones! I had my US today to see them! Here’s a photo!

Also tomorrow morning at 7am we go in and they collect OHs swimmers, then they do the “wash” on it and then at 9am is my IUI!

I’m nervous and exited!

6EC3ED22-B226-4D04-8469-3E23F65993A8.jpeg

Beautiful follicles, I'll be keeping my fingers crossed for you. Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh