IUI until we get our BFP!!! Team 2013!!

Do injectables make the quality and integrity of the eggs better? Or just more of them?

It's my understanding that it just produces more of them, not necessarily better ones. But the fact that there are more there increases the chances that a good one sticks :thumbup:! Fingers crossed for you!! Have you started the injections yet? Just started mine last night...second cycle in and I'm like an old pro at it now lol.

What she said! Good luck!!!

HateTheWait - when are you going to test?

Good question... I'm not sure. My last 2 cycles have been 26 days so I was expecting af on 10/9. But I ovulated earlier this cycle (cd12 vs cd14 and 15) compared to my last two cycles, so do you think af will come earlier, then?? She's come exactly 12 days after my iui the last two times, so that would be 10/6!

I hate testing early because it is too depressing when/if its negative!! Wen do you think you'll test?? We can test together!

:) I go in for my beta 10/7. I'll probably test this weekend so I can see the 'trigger' lines to make sure these ICs actually work, then I dunno. kinda scared to test after the trigger is gone...but I know OH is almost as bad as me - did you poas? etc etc...so he can't complain when I buy a bunch ;)

:) I go in for my beta 10/7. I'll probably test this weekend so I can see the 'trigger' lines to make sure these ICs actually work, then I dunno. kinda scared to test after the trigger is gone...but I know OH is almost as bad as me - did you poas? etc etc...so he can't complain when I buy a bunch ;)

I've never tested the trigger out before but only have one hpt at home so I think I'm going to save it. I'm not even sure I could get any ICs in time at this point. Maybe I'll test 10/7 if AF doesn't get me first. My hubby was the same as yours for our first IUI... but I told him I couldn't handle it! It was stressing me out too much! He's been much better since!

Let me know how your testing goes this weekend!

hi everyone,
i had cramps sooo bad all thursday night, so i went for ultrasound yesterday(friday) and showed that everything was bleeding. my sac was collapsing and everything was still attached. doctor said it was best to do a d&c already and not wait any further as she was hesitant my body would not be able to expel all the tissue because of the high dosage of fertility medication i was on to help keep the pregnancy. she also said it looked like it was twins, so now i feel double sad :(
it was a long day yesterday, but i'm thankful its over.. i feel cramping off and on and feel uncomfortable. hoping after resting this weekend i will feel better next week. she said to wait till i have my next period before starting injectables again.
hoping for some strength and positivity to carry me over the next few weeks. we spent so much money to have this pregnancy and now have spent so much money to remove it :( wish health care here covered all this. on a light dose of painkillers for the cramping.
under my blankey watching some tv, trying to get my mind off everything.

wishing you all a happy and healthy weekend x

Jaan- i am so sorry you have to go through all of this, it can't be easy. Get some good rest this weekend. (((((Big hugs))))))

Jaan- I am so sorry for you.I just hope you feel better soon.When are you planning to go for the DNC?::hugs:: Please ask your doctor about medical management.Its cheaper and does not harm the uterus.I got patchy uterus as a result of DNC.It is not very common but may happen.But again DNC is less traumatic.You do not pass the sac yourself.So the trauma gets over soon with the operation.
Infertility kills...mentally physically and financially

River - I too never tested the trigger shot.I end up spending so much on PAOS :p so I try not to test before cd16 :) Best of luck for your cycle.

Hatethewait - Can't wait to see double lines for you :)

ging - I too take tamoxifen+injectibles.Going daily to the clinic for injection is a headace but it helps to produce more eggs.So fingers crossed.

Curni - Sorry to know about the witch.Looks like you are having a very busy weekend.What you work as?Work pressure increases stress.And I sometime wonder is that causing my infertility.I hope this cycle goes well for you.Looks like we are cycle buddies!!

AFM - Went to the doctor yesterday.She did scan and put me on tamoxifen (clomid like medicine with milder side effects) +Decdan (steroid) + Folic acid+COQ10,folic acid and antioxidants.We may go for a back to back IUI this time.She said she was pretty hopeful about my last cycle as I had 4 follicles.But somehow it did not work.My bad luck.3 more cycles to go before we move to IVF.Fingers crossed for this cycle.
I had annual day in my office and I did singing.The show went good :)

Jaan - :hugs: I'm so sorry you are going through this. I hope you get some rest this weekend.

ttcmoon - I still can't believe your last cycle didn't work with 4 follicles. Why does your doc think it didn't work? Timing issue? Hopefully b2b IUI's will do the trick this next cycle. Fx for you!! What kind of office do you work in? Singing? I'm glad I've never been asked to sing at work!

How's everyone else doing?

AFM - I'm on day 2 of NO coffee and am going crazy. I really miss it - it tastes so good!! I've switched to tea instead, which I know has caffeine too, but has to be better than my espresso. This tww seems to be dragging on worse than the last 2. Probably because I'm so anxious to see if it worked this time!!! I tried to get a game plan set up with my fs for next cycle if this one does fail (I'm a planner and like to stay ahead of the game); however, they want me to make an appointment to discuss things if it doesn't work. So it looks like we'll be going au natural next cycle if necessary... I'm hoping that I won't have to worry about it!

ttcmoon - singing? Glad it went well. What did you sing?

Hatethewait - no coffee eh? I drink water processed decaf. So, having my americano in the morning is almost essential! I stopped drinking caffeine a few years ago, as I noticed I get pretty jittery when I have it. Though the occasional green tea seems fine. I grew up with alot of coffee though, so I know how you feel. Tea is just not the same sometimes. I hope you get that + soon :)

It's brutal walking by my espresso machine multiple times a day! I've slowly cut back on coffee intake the last 6-7 months. Started with "strong" (according to my espresso machine) double-shot latte every morning with the occasional latte later on in the day, too. My fs says it's ok to have 1 cup of coffee a day, but I figure I can get through the day without it. And I'm not sure how my shot of espresso compares to a cup of coffee... How'd you give it up!?! I hope we both get our bfp soon! How's it going testing out the trigger this weekend?

It's actually not that bad to give myself the shots. My wife does them, but I did it myself yesterday. Getting to be a pro, its not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Oh the things we do!!!

Hatethewait- I should give up coffee, but don't know if I can!

I've never tested the trigger out before but only have one hpt at home so I think I'm going to save it. I'm not even sure I could get any ICs in time at this point. Maybe I'll test 10/7 if AF doesn't get me first. My hubby was the same as yours for our first IUI... but I told him I couldn't handle it! It was stressing me out too much! He's been much better since!

Let me know how your testing goes this weekend!

Hatethewait - if you ovulated earlier than you should be due to get af earlier too...so 10/6 is probably right! How are you feeling so far?? Anything odd or atypical going on??

River - good luck, hoping this is a BFP for you!

hi everyone,
i had cramps sooo bad all thursday night, so i went for ultrasound yesterday(friday) and showed that everything was bleeding. my sac was collapsing and everything was still attached. doctor said it was best to do a d&c already and not wait any further as she was hesitant my body would not be able to expel all the tissue because of the high dosage of fertility medication i was on to help keep the pregnancy. she also said it looked like it was twins, so now i feel double sad :(
it was a long day yesterday, but i'm thankful its over.. i feel cramping off and on and feel uncomfortable. hoping after resting this weekend i will feel better next week. she said to wait till i have my next period before starting injectables again.
hoping for some strength and positivity to carry me over the next few weeks. we spent so much money to have this pregnancy and now have spent so much money to remove it :( wish health care here covered all this. on a light dose of painkillers for the cramping.
under my blankey watching some tv, trying to get my mind off everything.

wishing you all a happy and healthy weekend x

Jaan - there are no words...I am so very sorry you are having to go through all of this. My thoughts and prayers are with you :hugs:

Jaan- I am so sorry for you.I just hope you feel better soon.When are you planning to go for the DNC?::hugs:: Please ask your doctor about medical management.Its cheaper and does not harm the uterus.I got patchy uterus as a result of DNC.It is not very common but may happen.But again DNC is less traumatic.You do not pass the sac yourself.So the trauma gets over soon with the operation.
Infertility kills...mentally physically and financially

River - I too never tested the trigger shot.I end up spending so much on PAOS :p so I try not to test before cd16 :) Best of luck for your cycle.

Hatethewait - Can't wait to see double lines for you :)

ging - I too take tamoxifen+injectibles.Going daily to the clinic for injection is a headace but it helps to produce more eggs.So fingers crossed.

Curni - Sorry to know about the witch.Looks like you are having a very busy weekend.What you work as?Work pressure increases stress.And I sometime wonder is that causing my infertility.I hope this cycle goes well for you.Looks like we are cycle buddies!!

AFM - Went to the doctor yesterday.She did scan and put me on tamoxifen (clomid like medicine with milder side effects) +Decdan (steroid) + Folic acid+COQ10,folic acid and antioxidants.We may go for a back to back IUI this time.She said she was pretty hopeful about my last cycle as I had 4 follicles.But somehow it did not work.My bad luck.3 more cycles to go before we move to IVF.Fingers crossed for this cycle.
I had annual day in my office and I did singing.The show went good :)

Oh wow...cycle buddies :happydance:. Nice to have company :). I am a social worker, but do mostly administrative work now. It's no where near as stressful now since changing up from direct practice...but there is a different kind of stress involved on an administrative level...ugh! Just been a hectic few weeks! Fx'ed for both of us!!

It's actually not that bad to give myself the shots. My wife does them, but I did it myself yesterday. Getting to be a pro, its not nearly as scary as I thought it would be. Oh the things we do!!!

Way to go on mastering the injections :thumbup:! Tonight I did it in record time lol. I'm not sure how I feel about the ease of which I can shoot myself up now :haha:. When is your ultrasound to see how things are progressing??

I'm so tired...didn't have time to try and wrap up responses in one reply, so just tried to respond to each of them so, sorry for the multiple posts lol.

AFM - gave myself my last injection tonight before my appointment tomorrow morning to see how things are progressing. Feeling a bit swollen and heavy in there so hoping for some good follie news! I'm so proud of myself...I have stopped temping cold turkey this cycle :happydance:. Took my temp the first couple days of my cycle and one morning I just decided not to do it, and haven't done it since. It feels like a huge anxiety producing weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Just gonna wait and see what happens, not try and overanalyze every dot on my chart this go round :thumbup:. Looking forward to hearing all of the updates this week/weekend!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->