IUI - what to expect?

I'm starting 1st iui cycle in 2 weeks!? Can I join! After reading yalls post I'm already dreading the 2 week wait!

Welcome waitingongod.
Good luck with your first IUI!! Would love for you to let me know your experience. What meds are you taking?

Waitingbubba- sure! 27. Dh 27. Trying for 2 1/2 years...lap surgery and hsg. Came back open and clear..after surgery was not ovulating..clomid 50mg...did not work...clomid 100mg. Worked for 2 months. Horrible side effects. On 2nd month of femera. Was going to do iui this cycle but it would have to be on new years day so postponed to next cycle! SA normal too! So unexplained. ..sounds like yours too...I'll be doing femera. Trigger shot. And progesterone suppositories. ..what about you? What medicine? And what date do you think iui might me?

Wow what an experience you've had. We sound very similar except I haven't had the lap surgery. Did they say why it would stop you from ovulating. That must have been annoying.

What were you side affects on clomid? I had terrible hot flushes and mood swings.. thats why we have are having two months off before IUI.

Hopefully our first IUI experiences are our only ones. :flower:

I'm thinking that I might just do a clomid cycle with a trigger shot as I ovulate quite well on 50mg of clomid? I'm not 100% sure yet though as I have my consultation next Friday which our Dr. will let us know exactly what she wants us to do. I'm so nervous !

Once i have my appt next week I will keep you updated.

Good luck and baby dust to you. I hope it all goes well :)

I start my cycle in a few days. I will keep you guys posted.

I'm nervous also. But praying all goes well. Baby dust to you also! Can't wait for BFP's all around!

I wish you all good luck with your iui's. Just had mine last Saturday and yes, the wait is brutal!
Baby dust to all!

DanaBabe210- Seeing that you are on progesterone it is hard to tell. From what I hear progesterone can mimic pg symptoms. When you take it you have to wait out the tww and test. I have also heard that it can prevent AF from coming so if she doesn't come it may be that the progesterone is stopping it so you need to test.

Best of luck, hope it's a quick tww.

^ wss

Progesterone can give you sooo many symptoms.

Wow what an experience you've had. We sound very similar except I haven't had the lap surgery. Did they say why it would stop you from ovulating. That must have been annoying.

What were you side affects on clomid? I had terrible hot flushes and mood swings.. thats why we have are having two months off before IUI.

Hopefully our first IUI experiences are our only ones. :flower:

I'm thinking that I might just do a clomid cycle with a trigger shot as I ovulate quite well on 50mg of clomid? I'm not 100% sure yet though as I have my consultation next Friday which our Dr. will let us know exactly what she wants us to do. I'm so nervous !

Once i have my appt next week I will keep you updated.

Good luck and baby dust to you. I hope it all goes well :)

No, my doctors have no reason why it stopped ovulation...but in a way happy that it got me put on medication. Because it makes prediction of ovulation much easy and less stressful then before.

Oh gosh clomid made me sick 80% of the days. Worst was extreme cramping. Just felt like ovaries were always swollen. Ovulation I was curled up in a ball. Hot flashes. Headaches. Dizzy. Very emotional. Went off clomid for a month started femera. Love it. Still ovulate on it. Did put me back on doing iui I because doc wanted to see how my body did on it for a month or two. But worth it. I feel completely normal on it.

I am hoping only one iui but not getting my hopes up. Our goal is to do 3 of them and reevaluate after that.

I think if I were you if 50mg works I would stay on that higher dosage could over stimulate you and might cancel iui because of it

Let me know how you appointment goes. I am 8dpo. So still about 6-7 days before cd1.

not yet. I went in today for a progesterone test. they told me its too early to test for pregnancy yet/.

Hi all.

Am 40 and have been ttc for 2 years. Had 1 chemical 9 months ago and started IUIs around 5 months ago. Have had 3 altogether.

My HSG was unbearably painful. IUI is an absolute breeze in comparison. Just like having a smear.

I was also apprehensive about injecting but I almost enjoy it now. It feels good to be proactive.

I got a BFP after my 1st round (Gonal F injections and Ovitrelle trigger) attempt but it didn't stick. Shows the process definitely works.

Had too many follicles on 2nd attempt (Gonal F injections and Ovitrelle trigger) so opted for a follicle reduction but didn't work.

Have tried Menopur this round as nurse suggested it might be good to try to shock the body into something different. Apparently it also produces better quality eggs. It's only slightly more expensive. I wish I'd known from the beginning as we would have asked for it straight away for the sake of a little extra money.

Had 3 follicles of good size this time so fingers crossed as will probably go on to IVF if this is unsuccessful.

Good luck to you all. Hope it works for you :thumbup:

Hi all.

Am 40 and have been ttc for 2 years. Had 1 chemical 9 months ago and started IUIs around 5 months ago. Have had 3 altogether.

My HSG was unbearably painful. IUI is an absolute breeze in comparison. Just like having a smear.

I was also apprehensive about injecting but I almost enjoy it now. It feels good to be proactive.

I got a BFP after my 1st round (Gonal F injections and Ovitrelle trigger) attempt but it didn't stick. Shows the process definitely works.

Had too many follicles on 2nd attempt (Gonal F injections and Ovitrelle trigger) so opted for a follicle reduction but didn't work.

Have tried Menopur this round as nurse suggested it might be good to try to shock the body into something different. Apparently it also produces better quality eggs. It's only slightly more expensive. I wish I'd known from the beginning as we would have asked for it straight away for the sake of a little extra money.

Had 3 follicles of good size this time so fingers crossed as will probably go on to IVF if this is unsuccessful.

Hope the menopur works for you. I had three eggies too.. Go back in the am for more monitoring .. Seems like the menopur works for me though.. But i guess its wait and see if anything fertilizes

Hi all.

Good luck! Nice to hear someone has gotten use to the shots and doesn't mind them anymore! I'm nervous to start them!

My temp dropped today way too low. :( not feeling very optimistic

Oh Leti so sorry. Hopefully there is still a chance. If not this round then don't give up! Have faith!

Sending hugs and lots of baby dust your way!

:hugs::hugs::dust::dust::dust::dust:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kenyawenya
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->