IUI - what to expect?

Yes! Thanks for so much info. On cd4 (second day of 5mg femera) I will go in next Wednesday for ultrasound and trigger prob. Thursday and iui Friday! So exciting.

Anyone know when you are suppose to have sex on iui cycles?

Have sex until you trigger... So for ex... I had my us sunday, re calls me by sunday at 2pm to tell me to trigger at 10pm.. So we stopped having sex when we got the call to trugger until after the iui which happened tues am... Then then encourage us to dtd as much as we want for the 24 hrs after iui just for insurance lol

Thanks.Do you always have iui 2 days after trigger? Maybe I'll trigger sooner than. I usually on my own ovulate on day 14. When do you think they will have me trigger. Day 12 or 13?

If you naturally O cd14 im surprised you arent triggering before wednesday. Id assume you will trigger wed night.. Depends on the results of your us.. Some people on orals though dont trigger.. They let them naturally O

Every clinic is different for when they inseminate but i think most are you trigger 10pm and iui two days later in the am

Thanks. Yes I am doing oral and trigger..doc think I may be oing. But still not releasing eggs. He says trigger will make sure I release eggs. Okay well maybe I will trigger wed. Then. Def since my doctors are not open on Saturdays. So frustrating to make your cycle line up with your doctor's office!

That sucks.. My clinics open every day.. But they only run iui clinic twice a year sept-dec and jan-april.. So nothing over the summer

Hi all, I was reading through and as it seems many of you have IUI coming up and not sure what to expect thought I'd share my experience. As you can see from my signature I had 3 attempts at IUI with the one this month being the only time I was able to do the full process. I did femara CD3-7 menopur injections cd8-13. Had IUI yesterday and today and now officially in the tww. The injections are really not that bad, the menopur stings just a bit but other than that the fear of the needle is worst than the pain of the actual injection. I had bloodwork every time I had an u/s as doc wanted to ensure my estrogen was rising so I didnt have another cancelled cycle (like Aug). The actual IUI procedure was just like a pap smear. I had light cramping last night which started about 4hours after the actual procedure and today so far no pain.
I have endo and DH has semen issues (all the issues you can imagine) so we are only giving IUI this one go then onto IVF we are both tired of wasting time and wouldn't do another IUI but rather IVF to increase our chances even more. I do hope we don't have to go onto that as I am still hopeful (regardless of the odds against us) that we will get our BFP this month. GL to you all and I hope that all of your IUI cycles result in that BFP :)

Good luck praying! Thanks for all the info. Sounds like you've had a rough road with iui. Makes me think I shouldn't get too excited in case it gets cancelled. Do you have iui 2 days after trigger shot for you?

Good luck praying! Thanks for all the info. Sounds like you've had a rough road with iui. Makes me think I shouldn't get too excited in case it gets cancelled. Do you have iui 2 days after trigger shot for you?

I had iui 24hours after trigger then 36hours after trigger. My doc does 2 days of insemination and then instructed us to BD on the night of the 2nd insemination. Everyone's cycle and body is different so don't let my experience get you discouraged. My body is super sensitive to the meds so initially when they gave me the standard medicine dosage led to low estrogen. This go round I was on much lower meds and closer monitoring ( i had to go in for scans every other day). I feel as though we gave it our best shot so now we wait :coffee: When is your iui scheduled?

Praying-that's so exciting! My iui should be next Friday. I think. Usually ovulate on cd 14. So just assuming they do it the day you normally ovulate on. Glad you joined us. Fingers crossed for ya!

Hi Ladies, I hope you don't mind if I join in?

We have been ttc #2 for just over 3 years. DH has major sperm issues so we are starting IUI next month. I'm currently on CD14 of this cycle but if this natural cycle is yet another fail we'll be starting the process of IUI in Feb.

The plan for us is Femara days 3-7 then an ultrascan on day 10 or 11 then will go from there as to when the IUI happens. I've never been on clomid etc before as I have no issues ovulating so no idea how the femara will effect me but hopefully ok!?!

I also had a horrendous HSG... funny how we all did?! Anyway hope it's ok, I just wanted to follow along since we are all going through the same thing :) Baby dust to all :dust:

Thanks ladies! I hope so too.... I just can't wait to get started and hope it works! Good luck to you all x

Hello all! Thanks for sharing as I'm getting my first iui next week and am a. It nervous as it approaches. I have been ttc for over 2 years now. We have had 5 mc all before 9 weeks. Md wants to monitor my cycle and up my chances to sustain a pregnancy. I am currently taking a prenatal, folic acid 2mg,b 12 1000mg, d3 2000iu, baby aspirin, omega 3, and prednisone 5mg twice daily. I'm on cycle day 8 and have been on clomid 3 days. I get some hot flashes. Bad mood swings and I just have a general fatigue feeling. Could be the pred. Day 9 of my cycle is Saturday and I'll be finished with clomid. It's my first time taking these things. Tuesday day 12 is my sono to check for follicle growth. I ovulate regularly and have gotten pregnant so hoping that will continue. Scared we will get more than we bargained for(multiples lol). So hoping to do the trigger shot Tuesday night and iui early Thursday. I am a home health nurse so I'll be running around as son as I'm done. Hopefully that won't effect anything. I've had a hysterpscopy and it was mildly painful but i managed. Looking forward to getting the iui done as this is a lot of work. I will stop baby aspirin and start lovenox the day of iui. Any advice on when to bd. we were going to do it every other day. So Wednesday Friday Sunday. Skip Monday Tuesday Wednesday to build up for iui. Does it matter if we have sex more often? Should we do it after? Any advice is appreciated.

I just left follicle ultrasound. He said my follies were small. I had a few though. So I will go back Tuesday to see of I can trigger. I am so sad. If they are not big enough this cycle was a dud and I will have to go on a larger dose he said.:cry:

Well, hopefully I will get news on Tuesday. Just wanted to talk to some ladies who understand.

Mommieh25 - I'm so sorry, that really sucks.... For some reason I had forgotten that can happen :( Here's hoping they grow in the next couple of days and all is good on Tuesday! Surely a lot can happen in 4 days?! Keeping my FX for you and sending hugs :hugs:

Hi Floridamomma! :hi: That is so exciting that you are doing your IUI next week - I really hope all goes well, you have been through so much! As for BDing we were told to not do it after day 9 BUT my DH has major sperm issues so not sure what the advice would be for someone with no issues.... You could call the clinic and see what they say. Good luck for Tuesday as well - I have my FX for you!! :hugs:

AFM: I am so frustrated because it seems that I STILL haven't ovulated! Seems so funny as normally I wouldn't care but I am just so keen to start the IUI process and just want this to be a normal cycle not a long one (when I say long it will only be about 30 days I think so shouldn't complain!) so I can get onto my IUI cycle! FX I ovulate today.... it's interesting though because when the FS did the internal u/s on Wed he thought it looked like I would O that night.... hoping he doesn't screw up when I actually do the iui!!!

:hi: to everyone else

Whiteorchid thanks for the advice I think we are allowed to do it up until the day of the scam he said and then I'll tell us from there I just don't want his count to be lower something the day that they're supposed inseminate. I hope you O soon. thankfully when they gave us the option to start our iUI my period started that day so we did it right away it's been a whirlwind for sure

Hello all! Thanks for sharing as I'm getting my first iui next week and am a. It nervous as it approaches. I have been ttc for over 2 years now. We have had 5 mc all before 9 weeks. Md wants to monitor my cycle and up my chances to sustain a pregnancy. I am currently taking a prenatal, folic acid 2mg,b 12 1000mg, d3 2000iu, baby aspirin, omega 3, and prednisone 5mg twice daily. I'm on cycle day 8 and have been on clomid 3 days. I get some hot flashes. Bad mood swings and I just have a general fatigue feeling. Could be the pred. Day 9 of my cycle is Saturday and I'll be finished with clomid. It's my first time taking these things. Tuesday day 12 is my sono to check for follicle growth. I ovulate regularly and have gotten pregnant so hoping that will continue. Scared we will get more than we bargained for(multiples lol). So hoping to do the trigger shot Tuesday night and iui early Thursday. I am a home health nurse so I'll be running around as son as I'm done. Hopefully that won't effect anything. I've had a hysterpscopy and it was mildly painful but i managed. Looking forward to getting the iui done as this is a lot of work. I will stop baby aspirin and start lovenox the day of iui. Any advice on when to bd. we were going to do it every other day. So Wednesday Friday Sunday. Skip Monday Tuesday Wednesday to build up for iui. Does it matter if we have sex more often? Should we do it after? Any advice is appreciated.

Stop dtd whatever day they tell you to trigger.. Have at it until then. You can start to dtd ahain the nught of iui and the next day.. After that your egg should be a goner so further dtd is just for fun!
Not sure if you are aware but baby apirin can help implantation.

I just left follicle ultrasound. He said my follies were small. I had a few though. So I will go back Tuesday to see of I can trigger. I am so sad. If they are not big enough this cycle was a dud and I will have to go on a larger dose he said.:cry:

Well, hopefully I will get news on Tuesday. Just wanted to talk to some ladies who understand.

Did they give you actual measurements? Remember folloies grow 2-3mm a day. So you should grow at least 6-8mm by then if not more :) put moist heat (not dry like a heating pad) on your lower abdomen.. It encourages blood flow to the uterus and ovaries which will stimulate follie growth. You can do it twice a day for 15 minutes

Thanks Mississippi! I am gonna try it. This gives me hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nirmala kann
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->