IUI - what to expect?

Still have hope! Hopefully it isn't going down. Is this first iui?

Still have hope! Hopefully it isn't going down. Is this first iui?

yes first IUI and I was really hoping (still am) it was my last. This wait is so mean, its an emotional rollercoster.

Thanks Waitingongod.
Thats fair enough, its such a guessing game when you dont know exactly when ovulation happens. Our bodies are such strange things with minds of their own haha
The world of clomid hey, I remember my first month ovulation was unbearable I was curled up on the couch in so much pain and the thought of BD was unbearable haha the second and third weren't as bad during ovulation:)
Femara sounds like an amazing thing.... I might talk to my doctor about it when I go in on Friday see what she thinks. Glad it is working for you, sounds like you had a rough time on clomid.
Thats what I thought, I doubt the Dr would change what is already working for me ~ I'm just scared of the hot flushes and my mood swings again :(
I'm currently due to ovulate any day now and then I want my next cycle to hurry up so I can start IUI, you will be about a week in front of me. Please keep me updated. :D I really hope it happens for all of us !!!

Good luck ladies !!! :dust:

Waiting- sounds good I will keep you you update. Should start this weekend!

Leti- if it doesn't work keep hope up for second cycle! I will be starting my first one soon. Going in it planning to do 3 months of it so I won't get my hopes up too much. But it's pretty hard not too!

Waiting- have you started day 1 yet? Looks like my iui will be on Jan 30!

Leti-sorry to see you on c 2. :/ new cycle though! What will you be doing this month?

Hi waitingingod, good luck on jan 30th, let me know how everything goes :)
Had my appt on friday ready to start IUI next cycle. Looks like the IUI will be approx the 7th or 8th of February :) so excited.
All im doing for my iui is taking 50mg clomid cycle day 2-5 and then im monitored with blood tests until my surge then the iui is performed. She isnt monitoring me anymore than that, does that sound like what anyone else has done?

Leti- how do you get your ff chart in signature?

you go to ff menu on the top where it says sharing and then get code, pick one of those codes, i think i used html, not sure and paste that on the bnb signature. let me know if you need more help

Hi waitingingod, good luck on jan 30th, let me know how everything goes :)
Had my appt on friday ready to start IUI next cycle. Looks like the IUI will be approx the 7th or 8th of February :) so excited.
All im doing for my iui is taking 50mg clomid cycle day 2-5 and then im monitored with blood tests until my surge then the iui is performed. She isnt monitoring me anymore than that, does that sound like what anyone else has done?

that is how they did mine. I took 100mg clomid.

So exciting! I am going to do Femara day 3-7. ( which starts tomorrow!) Go into ultrasound on day 12. Trigger shot day 13. Iui day 14. I know I am not being monitored as much as some are it sounds like...think I should be asking for more?

Thanks Leti, I was a bit paranoid that I wasn't going to have enough monitoring, makes me feel better I have someone else doing the same with me. Good luck for your next cycle. :flower:

Waitingongod, you sound like you have a perfect amount of monitoring to be done :) good luck let me know how it all goes.... :flower:
I am only being monitored via blood work to see when I will ovulate then she will perform the IUI. I thought it strange that I do not get an ultrasound. Leti confirmed she is the same as me so that made me feel better.

Good luck everyone. I hope we get our BFP's soon!!!! Would be a great New Year pressie :D

Thanks Leti, I was a bit paranoid that I wasn't going to have enough monitoring, makes me feel better I have someone else doing the same with me. Good luck for your next cycle. :flower:

Waitingongod, you sound like you have a perfect amount of monitoring to be done :) good luck let me know how it all goes.... :flower:
I am only being monitored via blood work to see when I will ovulate then she will perform the IUI. I thought it strange that I do not get an ultrasound. Leti confirmed she is the same as me so that made me feel better.

Good luck everyone. I hope we get our BFP's soon!!!! Would be a great New Year pressie :D

I thinkthats normal for clomid.. Because clomid is only suppose to ensure you O.. They do US with injections because theres high risk for multiples and ohss.. So they have to cancel cycles sometimes..

Thanks Mississippi :) that makes sense now. Was wondering about the multiples thing.
Is it not common to release multiple eggs on clomid?
Thank you :)

Thanks. ..I will be great full with whatever, but also worried about the multiples. ..

I wonder if it's the clomid or trigger shot that increases chances

There is a lower risk of multiples with clomid. I only had one egg on climbed. I changed to injections and went up to about 17, that IUI got cancelled. My last IUI that I did was injections and 5 eggs.

I finished clomid yesterday. Now the waiting game for trigger shot end of this week. :thumbup:

Are injections different then just a hcg trigger shot?

I assume you mean the look of the injection. My injections were exactly the same. Here is a picture just to make sure you have the same trigger:

https://www.google.ca/imgres?imgurl...oCoDg&tbm=isch&client=safari&ved=0CDoQMygIMAg

Injectible medications are like menopur, bravelle, or purgeon. Typically taken starting cd2-3 and continued until you have mature eggs.. Then you take the hcg trigger shot which forces you to O 36-40 hrs later so they know when to do iui

My dr said clomid would only ensure I O.. Obviously you always have the chance of producing 2 eggs in one month... Thats how twins happen! Or by one egg splitting.

With menopur I produced lots of eggs but only 1-2 that actually matured (17+mm) which they can tell from my US. My re wont do iui with anything more then 3-4 but i could say no to that if i wanted.

Does that make more sense/ answer your questions?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->