IUI - what to expect?

Hey everyone hope you are all well ... Not long till your IVF starts waiting woohooo :)
Had my 3rd and last IUI today yay 77 million post wash with 74% motility and his high white blood cells were gone yay so the antibiotics fixed whatever his issue was :) I'm happy with that.
We've decided if this doesn't work we'll have a 2 month break and start ICSI woo I'm excited to start.
Hope everyone is doing good and staying strong ~ baby dust to all.
Xx

Danna - your chart looks fine to me... Sometimes my temp is slow to drop when AF is here so I generally don't even put it in for the first few days til I know it has steaded out to the lower temp. To me if you put that aside then it looks good so I wouldn't worry about it.

Wanting - YAY! Well sending lots of :dust: your way! Here's hoping with that super post-wash count you will get your BFP and not even need to worry about IVF! I'm curious why you are doing ICSI rather than just IVF is DH's counts are so good? Anyway here's hoping you don't even need it!

AFM: Nothing to report.... 8dpIUI and feeling pretty low to be honest... I'm trying to just relax and forget about things but I have been so cranky the past week. 2 nights ago I had a dream we were going to the clinic to discuss ICSI and it was so stressful and horrible.... and that was just my dream! Anyway today I need to work out how to chill and relax and will deal with everything next week...

Thanks for having a look White, that calmed me a bit :)
I should stop temping this is driving me nuts.

Im so sorry you are feeling so low and cranky :( this whole process never seems to get easier does it :( remember you arent out till AF shows and we are always here to listen and chat... good luck next week white orchid xx I sincerely hope us all girls get our bfps soon!!
As for me we are looking at ICSI because hubbys first SA he had only a 2% morphology .. our doc said because his count is so high this should counter act and he should have enough ok ones in there to get me pregnant BUT its not working ahhh :( so my doc said if we go down the ivf path then icsi would be best for us. It's all so disheartening getting our hopes up each month for it not to work isnt it...

You can click my ticker to see my chart haha! Thanks for having a look : )
It's a weird chart, but maybe it's all the medication I took this cycle? :'/ or the fact that I'm going nuts with stress...

I think your chart looks fine! As long as it stays up your good!

Im so sorry you are feeling so low and cranky :( this whole process never seems to get easier does it :( remember you arent out till AF shows and we are always here to listen and chat... good luck next week white orchid xx I sincerely hope us all girls get our bfps soon!!
As for me we are looking at ICSI because hubbys first SA he had only a 2% morphology .. our doc said because his count is so high this should counter act and he should have enough ok ones in there to get me pregnant BUT its not working ahhh :( so my doc said if we go down the ivf path then icsi would be best for us. It's all so disheartening getting our hopes up each month for it not to work isnt it...

well we will just pray this one works for ya then! If you go down ivf I think I would do icsi if I were you too. Might as well have the highest chance!

What does icsi means? Is it the IVF that directly puts the sperm inside the egg?
I hope your IUI will work, but if doesn't, I find it comforting to know there's still other more agressive options. Will you be testing or waiting for AF?

Hi ladies, Sorry I haven't read through all of the recent posts. Just wanted to update you, as expected serum BFN.
I have to take this month off and next cycle my meds will be halfed.
Has anyone else been instructed to take a month off between iui to let their ovaries recover??

I'm so sorry Time :hugs:

I did 2 cycles back to back... When I spoke to the nurse (when she called to tell me my blood test was negative) I asked her if it made a difference or not if I took a month off and she said no.... I'm guessing it maybe depends on the meds you were on? All I had to do was go for a baseline scan on day 3 (either 2 or 3) to check everything was ok from the last cycle and we continued straight on. Maybe you could call them to ask the reason for the break? Just so you have a clearer understanding of their particular protocol.... Sending big hugs though. Are you allowed to try naturally at least?

Danna - yes ICSI if when you go through the procedure of IVF but they actually insert 1 sperm directly into the egg. It's what we'll be doing....

Wanting - that totally makes sense about ICSI - you definitely want the best chance possible!

Hi to everyone else.....

Hi ladies, Sorry I haven't read through all of the recent posts. Just wanted to update you, as expected serum BFN.
I have to take this month off and next cycle my meds will be halfed.
Has anyone else been instructed to take a month off between iui to let their ovaries recover??

I'm sorry :/ I was getting worried because I hadn't seen you post in a while. My doctor offered a break in between iuii#2 and when I was going to do iui#3. I said I didn't want one but when I went in for cd3 ultrasound I had a huge cyts. So my body needed a break anyways. And as much as I hate waiting I feel a ton better taking a break from meds. Just have been on birth Control 2 weeks to get cyst to go away

I think it's because of the injectable hormones.
They said most women have cysts left over after a cycle and need those to go away before we can start again.
I've heard of some people doing back to back, but you're right, it must be the meds.
I think it's also to help lower the chances of OHSS.

Thanks Dannad, I will be waiting until AF this month I always test and am too sad now to keep seeing BFN's :( What about yourself - when will you test? Good luck to you :flower:
Timetotry, so sorry about your BFN :(
Whiteorchid, will you be testing soon? Good luck?

Thanks everyone for your support.... currently 2dpiui and going out of mind haha

Wanting! Really wanting this to work for you! Hope this 2ww goes fast!

Time - do you plan to take a break and do another iui?

Waiting I'll be testing April 8th if AF doesn't come before. The only other cycle I O'd in recent memory had only a 9 days luteal phase with spotting on the 8th day so if I can go pass that that would already be a victory.... And if I don't next cycle I O I'll have progesterone supplements.

Good progesterone would be a good add. I'm on them too. They aren't that bad!

Yep we will take one month off and then do round 2. They are going to half my meds this time. They don't want so many follicles this time.
Hopefully this month goes quickly and not one of my longer cycles.

I'm going to start seeing a naturopath next week! I'm excited to start acupuncture and learn more about how to live with PCOS aside from metformin.

I did progesterone too. It really did help and held off my period until I stopped the meds. I was on 600mg per day (200 three times per day). They were messy and gross, and I did not enjoy them at all. But they served their purpose. My clinic says I would have to be on them until 11 weeks pregnant (when the placenta takes over progesterone production). Anyone else have to take them that long too? I know a few that only had to take it during the tww.

Yep we will take one month off and then do round 2. They are going to half my meds this time. They don't want so many follicles this time.
Hopefully this month goes quickly and not one of my longer cycles.

I'm going to start seeing a naturopath next week! I'm excited to start acupuncture and learn more about how to live with PCOS aside from metformin.

I did progesterone too. It really did help and held off my period until I stopped the meds. I was on 600mg per day (200 three times per day). They were messy and gross, and I did not enjoy them at all. But they served their purpose. My clinic says I would have to be on them until 11 weeks pregnant (when the placenta takes over progesterone production). Anyone else have to take them that long too? I know a few that only had to take it during the tww.

I am only on them 1 times a day during tww. If I get pregnant will take till 1st trimester is over but I think he just ups them to 2 times a day!

Hey ladies, I was bad and tested and I see a line but I have no way of knowing if it's still the trigger. And I had a tiny bit of blood this morning... : (
Have any of you ever tested out the trigger? I'm 8dpiui

Hey ladies, I was bad and tested and I see a line but I have no way of knowing if it's still the trigger. And I had a tiny bit of blood this morning... : (
Have any of you ever tested out the trigger? I'm 8dpiui
I tested mine out, it was around 9 or 10 days that it went negative.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->