IUI - what to expect?

Past trigger or past ovulation?

Past trigger I think. I didn't record it in my journal so I'm just trying to remember.
I've read that there can be a lot of variation even between cycles.
Test again in 2 days and see if its darker or lighter!
GL!

Thanks for the info! Looks like it's out this morning 9dpo, so I'll trust a test later this week, not that I have much hope for a first IUI

I've seen many girls get it first try! Don't give up hope (although I know the struggle all to we'll with having hope)

As suspected my blood test was negative. I had tried to prepare myself for it and knew it was coming but I am still gutted. We're waiting to get an appt to talk to the consultant over the phone to find out more about IVF with ICSI so in the meantime there is nothing I can do but wait....

I am so exhausted :cry: I hope you are all having a better day x

So sorry Whiteorchid , it never gets any easier does it :( hope you're ok xx
Good luck moving forward ~ im moving onto ICSI in a couple of months too.....
:hugs::hugs:

Ugh thought today I was ready for ivf...but today's scan to see if I was ready showed a polyp that I know need surgery next week for...one thing after another...even down this road!

I'm so sorry ladies :(
TTC is such a tough time emotionally, I'll be wishing you all a fast IVF journey *hugs*

Agh so sorry Waiting, the best way to look at this I guess is that you want your body in tip top shape ready for IVF and this is part of your process. I'm thinking of you, hope this works for you.

DannaD how are you going?

How are you holding up Whiteorchid?

As for me I am 10dpiui today and still haven't tested. Don't want to :( so sick of negative tests, think I'll just wait for AF this month.
Then 2 months and onto IVF with ICSI ~ super excited for that. :happydance:

Wanting, I'm scared of testing, terrified really : (
But since it's my first actual 2ww ever, I don't even know what I should expect my LP to be...

Good luck ladies!! I understand the fear of testing - I barely test. I did with my first IUI and I was glad I did as I was late and getting to the point I was convinced I was preggers when I wasn't...

Waiting - I am so sorry for your set back... it's so frustrating as once you start you just want to get on with it... I hope you get it dealt with quickly so you can continue on your journey...

So it looks like I will be following you on the same path Waiting!! I start on the BCP tomorrow for 3 weeks to slow everything down then it's IVF with ICSI for us!!! I am excited and scared at the same time but determined to stay positive about it and belief this is it for us!!.... Eeek!!

So sorry for you negative Orchid.
Good luck with your surgery Waiting. How long do you have to recover before you can try ivf?

I posted this in assisted conception, maybe you ladies can help too...
I'm confused about my body this month.
I have to take a cycle off between iui because of probable cysts.
I did femara and menopur last month.
I'm not sure what to expect, it seems like my body might be starting the ovulation process (my cm is starting to change) but it's SUPER early for my normal cycles.
When did you gals ovulate on cycles off?

Also, can cysts cause estrogen to increase and make the body think it's time to ovulate?

BFN today, not surprised but sad anyways, I wish you ladies better luck this cycle! : )

So sorry Danna - I was really hoping you were going to be our BFP this month as this thread really needed one. It might still be early but I know sometimes you just know.... Sending big hugs :hugs:

So sorry for you negative Orchid.
Good luck with your surgery Waiting. How long do you have to recover before you can try ivf?

I posted this in assisted conception, maybe you ladies can help too...
I'm confused about my body this month.
I have to take a cycle off between iui because of probable cysts.
I did femara and menopur last month.
I'm not sure what to expect, it seems like my body might be starting the ovulation process (my cm is starting to change) but it's SUPER early for my normal cycles.
When did you gals ovulate on cycles off?

Also, can cysts cause estrogen to increase and make the body think it's time to ovulate?

Recovery time..no idea! Pre op appointment Tuesday and surgery thursday. Hoping I can start ivf 2 weeks later with everything good and cleaned out!

I think i just got a positive opk. Wtf. It's only day 12 of my cycle.
I have NEVER ovulated this early.
I have no idea of this is true or something to do with cysts they said I probably have.

12dpo and BFN today :( got a faint line on a blue dye got so excited so bought frer and that was a Negative !!!

Oh well IVF here I come in June :happydance:

Wanting- sorry about your bfn. Does you clinic do a serum bhcg? Maybe it's still a bit too early, fingers crossed!

Sorry Wanting but maybe Time is right and it's just too early... I assume you will have to go for a blood test to confirm? Still sending big hugs :hugs:

Time - I wish I could help you with your question about early ovulation but I didn't take a break off in between my IUIs. I'm sure it is possible though... are you allowed to try naturally? Did they not do an ultrascan to check for cysts etc? Wishing you luck.

Nothing to report here as I currently on day 4 of taking the pill so will have nothing to report for the next 3 weeks or so but am still reading along and cheering you all on! x

They didn't do an ultrasound to check for cysts. They said that the majority of women have them after doing injectables and they always take a month off between medicated cycles for the ovaries to recover. I had 3 mature follicles and 2 more that were 14mm plus multiple ones 10mm (more then 3 of those). So they said because of the smaller ones they want my body to recover this month.

They didn't say that we couldn't try this month. The only thing I'm on now is metformin, so I don't see why we couldn't? One more chance to save some money!

Does anyone know if you can ovulate if you have cysts?

Im just so baffled, and a but shocked. I have never ovulated this early!
I did my first acupuncture last week, maybe acupuncture is magic! Hahaha

Sorry Wanting but maybe Time is right and it's just too early... I assume you will have to go for a blood test to confirm? Still sending big hugs :hugs:

Time - I wish I could help you with your question about early ovulation but I didn't take a break off in between my IUIs. I'm sure it is possible though... are you allowed to try naturally? Did they not do an ultrascan to check for cysts etc? Wishing you luck.

Nothing to report here as I currently on day 4 of taking the pill so will have nothing to report for the next 3 weeks or so but am still reading along and cheering you all on! x

Did your doctor say what you would be doing after 3 week birth control?! My doctor hasn't shared much with me and it is driving me nuts!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->