IUI - what to expect?

Yes thankfully he kind of laid it all out for me cause I wanted a heads up, especially as our clinic is so far away...

So BCP for 3 weeks and then I should bleed. At that point I have to have a blood test done to check my hormone levels and to make sure the pill did what it was supposed to do. After that if everything is ok I start with the first set of meds which for me would be 2 injections a night for 5 nights... then I go for my first scan to see how I am responding to that. After that I'll be doing 3 injections a night for I think another 5 nights and start having scans either every 2 days or daily to watch the follicles closely. Again if all is good then the retrieval would take place and DH would give his sample... We're doing ICSI so again if all is good 5 days after that they would be put back inside of me....

Obviously it's different for everyone but that's what I was told. We have an orientation at the end of this month just before I finish the BCP and at that I also have to have a SHG and a Endometrial Biopsy/scratch.

If you are interested I have a journal that has everything in it (although I pretty much just shared it all with you!) - the link is at the bottom of my signature so feel free to follow along. I hope that gave you an idea though.

Out of interest did you Dr mention anything about TSH levels?

I am beyond livid right now! I posted in another thread, but I don't think they go in there now. Anyhow here goes.......

I have been seeing a re per my ob office. He immediately put me on clomid 100 mg which was upped to 150 for my other three cycles. My blood work shows that my egg quality was good. Husbands sa was good.

He never did a hsg. So after 4 cycles of clomid and timed intercourse I suggest a hsg. I had this done Friday. He says my tubes are blocked!!!!!!! WHAT???????!!!!!!!!!??????

So I've been taking all this Clomid going through all these side effects for nothing.

Not to mention the receptionist is so unprofessional. I mentioned this to him. He says many have complained about her, and he knows she can be rough. Itell him I am have a talk with her, and of course he says no. But my concern was if she is continually displaying this behavior why is she still here.

I'm switching doctors. He will not keep "practicing" on me and wasting my insurance dollars.

I know this is long but I needed a release! I'm still so mad!!!!!!!:growlmad::growlmad:

I guess because not being able to conceive is hard enough. I don't want feel like the doctor helping me is a jerk and insensitive to my problem. I feel like crying.

You have every right to be mad. I would be too.
My clinic makes you have the hsg before meds.
Sorry you're going through this, and yes switch doctors. What a waste of your time and money. Ugh

You have every right to be mad. I would be too.
My clinic makes you have the hsg before meds.
Sorry you're going through this, and yes switch doctors. What a waste of your time and money. Ugh

Thanks. I'm waiting on a call now. My mom says that she believes they were just milking my insurance. I really want to report them.

Thats horrible Mommieh , sorry you had to go through that. That is very unprofessional on his behalf.
Ive just finished my last round of clomid and have also had bad side affects so I really feel for you :(
Hope yu feel better soon :hugs: xx

Hey everyone, I've just come off three months of clomid and this last month ive come up with spots/rash everywhere. Have any of you heard this before? I mentioned it to my Dr and she didnt seem to worried ... but its not clearing if anything its worse :(

I'm so confused.
My normal cycles are usually mid 30s for length. With late ovulation and shorter luteal phase.
This month I ovulated day 13 (whoa!) and started spotting 10 dpo (spotting isn't abnormal for me) then it got a bit heavier yesterday so I took that as day 1 and called my clinic. I'm set for day 3 ultrasound, bloodwork and meds tomorrow if everything looks good. The only problem is that my bleeding has almost stopped. It's very light now. Usually day 2 is my horrible day.
Is it possible to have a very light period because the cycle was so short (24 days)?
I'm worried about starting meds at the wrong time!

I think the best thing to do is call the clinic and speak to them about it.... I understand your worries so they would be the best people to talk to about it. Good luck x

I would call them, but the monitoring appts are done before clinic hours so there's no one to talk to until after when I'm supposed to be there!

Oh that sucks!!! Hmmm I guess in that case go to the appt and explain things to them and see what they say... Someone has to be able to help you!

So I took a test last night on a 4 hr hold, negative as expected.
I was going to test with FMU today but metformin stomach made me forget.
Looks like AF has picked up (just in time for the internal ultrasound ugh) so I didn't mention my wonky start to the clinic. Guess my body was just being strange!

This thread has kinda gone quiet, how is everyone doing with their IUI's? I think a few of us have moved to IVF now and have changed threads.

AFM ~ I met with a new Fertility Clinic yesterday which I love way better then my old one :) we now have an appt on the 28th of May to start IVF with ICSI next cycle (June) if my ultrasound behaves and looks ok. We were going to put it off for a little while longer to lose weight etc but now I've had a 1 month break I'm ready to go to the next step. I'm too excited.

Hope you are all well :) :flower: :flower:

I'm 6 dpiui #2. I'm so ancy, I just wanna know!!
I had one mature follie this time (1.8cm) and a few tiny ones, so my doctors were very happy that I responded less. They like to see 1 or 2 mature follicles, not more.
Why isn't it 14 days yet? Or 18 days for my blood work?

Glad you like your new clinic! It's so important to feel comfortable with the team helping you. That's so exciting, may 28th is soon! Did you have to do a birth control cycle?

The tww is a killer.. only a few more days till you are able to test. Will you? Thats great you had a decent size follicle to work with this time :) good luck, still come back here to keep me updated :)

So close... im soooo excited. So far the verdict is no to birth control as last doctor didnt want me too but depends on this new doctor and what he thinks at my appt. Fingers crossed they dont and I can get started.

Hopefully you get to start right away! Come on healthy ovaries and no cysts!!

I'm also on to ivf. On birth control now. Starting injections June 10! Seems like I got the call in march to get ivf started with egg sharing and so many things have came up that they needed to fix to get my body ready hoping the wait will be worth it and I've got a nice comfy environment for a baby!

Time- I am hoping this iui works for you!

Timetotry, not long till testing :D when will you hold off till?
Good luck!!!!

Waitingongod, that is what I'm thinking may happen after my appt this month on the 28th. I will most likely have a scan done which I have a feeling he made find a cyst. I have some aching on my right side :/ did you get any pain with yours?

Waitingongod, that is what I'm thinking may happen after my appt this month on the 28th. I will most likely have a scan done which I have a feeling he made find a cyst. I have some aching on my right side :/ did you get any pain with yours?

Nope no pain. Had a cyst. 2 weeks on meds went away. Then have a uterus ultrasound (not very pleasant ) found polyp...had to have surgery to remove it..just cleared my first ultrasound. Have to clear one on the 9th to start injections on the 10th!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->