I've got my anti-witch spray!

I'm also terrible at keeping secrets. My problem is my supervisor is my facebook friend (she wasn't my supervisor when she friended me). I can't trust my mom or MIL not to post something stupid on fb, so I can't tell them until I tell my supervisor. I almost told her yesterday but it seems so early and I'm honestly not positive about how she's going to take the news. She has a tendency to overreact and I'm worried she's going to overreact about the bad instead of the good. I'm also being promised a promotion in a few months and I want to be honest but at the same time, I don't want to screw that up. I think I have to tell her before then. I'll probably tell her on Friday just to get it over with and then I can tell whoever else I want after that.

I'm the only one other than her who can do what I do (so she thinks, at least). She's really going to struggle with the idea of me having 12 weeks off work, I think. I'll probably agree to work from home and maybe come into the office a few hours a week after 6 weeks (that is IF I get the promotion she's promising!).

lol not telling FB is killing me....not sure why...but I guess after enduring months of torture from fertile book announcements I want it to be my turn!!!

I am going to do my best to hold out until 12 weeks though!

I'm totally going to announce to facebook like as soon as I tell my supervisor. :rofl: I can't stand it. I had no problem at all waiting until almost 13 weeks last time. Hard to believe I could be more excited this time but I think I am. I guess because I'm less afraid since I've done this before?

And I guess, secretly, I like that most of my friends are going to think I'm totally effing insane. Seriously. None of my freaking friends have children. Tick-tock, folks!

lmao @ tick tock folks!

My firends from HS just started having babies like last year...I have been one of the only ones with kids for a while so its so weird now that there is a big baby boom happening to my graduating class....I think thats what started my baby fever last year

I waited till 9 weeks to tell my boss (and I only told him because it was starting to look like I had a 3 week flu). Then waited till 13 weeks to tell facebook just because I wanted to tell my family on Mother's day, but all my cousins are friends with me on facebook, too!

It was VERY hard to keep the secret though! My best friend, parents, and inlaws knew right away, though!

Lilspy - you can always make it so people can't post to your wall without you approving the wall post first so you can screen anything people want to post.

Don't have to worry about it anymore. Spilled the beans to the supervisor about 30 minutes ago. :rofl: She kept prodding me about what was wrong, so apparently my secret keeping ability is even worse than I thought. Either that or my friend at work sucks hardcore. :haha: Though, I think what she initially thought is that I had gotten another job and was avoiding telling her. She was really relieved to find out I was pregnant instead.

24 weeks today!

Attachments

• 24 weels.jpg
    24 weels.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 4
Aww Linz u look so lovely! What a beautiful little bump x

Giraffes thanks again for your happiness for me :hugs: x x x

Congrats on V day, Linz. Love that the cat is in sink again :) xx

Linz you still look so tiny! I blew up like a balloon haha

Got my u/s today...couldnt see much but a tiny dot on the screen inside the sac. The tech was very happy with my progress and I will see them again August 13th. I should be able to hear a heartbeat then...was sad that I couldnt see more today but just happy that its there :)

Congrats Wishin! I know the feeling!! When I saw the blip I was like look it's our baby.... but was sad that's all I saw! lol We went 2 weeks later and it was a LARGER blip. I didn't post it.. I go in for my 3rd US on Monday!! I hope we see baby definition at 11 weeks. My sister was 11 weeks and hers is awesome!! Can't wait!

Just found out my BFF is pregnant! I'm SOOOOO excited!!! She is 3 weeks behind me :)

Wishin, I LOVE the nickname!! I wish we could think of something! We just keep saying "baby" ...

AND according to my app we are the size of a LIME!!! YAY!!! Growin right along!

Haley -- I had my first us with Maisie at 12 weeks 2 days and she was a totally formed wiggly-as-crap little alien baby! It was awesome!

Here she is looking like she's sucking her tiny little baby thumb at 12+2!

Attachments

• 12+2 ultrasound.jpg
    12+2 ultrasound.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 4
awww Julie so cute! I feel like I am forgetting most of my pregnancy with DS...which kind of has me freaked out about whether Ill remember how to be a mom....lol I know its prob like riding a bike but its been like 4 years! Im scared!

I am pretty convinced Im having a girl only because this pregnancy is totally different than my first. I am much more hormonal..I cired at the store because the deli guy cut my cheese too thick...talk about embrassing!

Haley- glad to see you posting! Congrats on becoming a lime! Thats pretty big! I just found out my college roommate is expecting so right now its about 4 people due within a month of me :)

LOL!!! Too cute! I feel the same ;)

And I know 13 people that are preggo right now!! Crazy!!!

LOL. I'd love some thick cheese slices! :haha:

I had to check myself REALLY fast this morning because I almost started to cry when my intern spoke back to me a little aggressively. TBH, I'm still pretty pissed off about it but at least I didn't cry in front of him! :haha: It's not big enough to like write him up or end his internship or anything, but the evaluation I send to the VA for July isn't going to be nearly as pretty as his evaluation for June was! This is the first time I've ever really supervised someone so it's been quite different for me. I'd like to think if I had my own employee, at least I'd get to choose them from lots of applicants instead of taking the one person the VA sent me. :haha:

Confession: I've had 3 doughnuts today (one for me and 2 for the baby, the little pig). If I get GD, it's my friend Valerie's fault (or, you know, maybe my own fault :blush:). Definitely craving sweets right now, but that's not extremely uncommon for me. :blush:

I never really liked "snacks" or sweets too much. I always just prefer a full meal. I usually knew AF was on the way when I wanted a chocolate bar.

So far this pregnancy I have been gearing towards sweets and CARBS lots and lots of carbs...I was jsut talking to my BFF and she just got back from visiting her newborn niece. Her SIL told her that she craved carbs the entire pregnancy, even beer and apparently shes a wino not much of a beer drinker. It made me feel a little better because with DS I had no urge to drink and stopping was no biggie. But with this pregnancy I am wanting beer soooo badly and I thought I was just being a drunk but the Dr told her sister in law that she was craving the carbs in the beer not the actual alcohol..phew...that made me feel a little better about myself

I am one of those people tough that refuses to drink even a sip of wine or whatever during pregnancy. I know its OK to do but I just know that if anything were to happen with my baby I would blame myself and the one time I took a few sips and Id hate myself forever. So I just like to avoid that scenario all together

I'm the same way Cris. I know it's fine to have a drink occasionally in 3rd tri but didn't with Maisie I won't be this time, either. The big no-no I do during pregnancy is drink caffeine. Just not nearly as much as usual. I've started making half-caff coffee at work so I can still drink a cup and not feel too bad about it and so far no one has noticed. :haha: But then again, they're stealing my coffee (okay, I offer it to them) so they can't really complain. Pretty sure I still keep it under the recommended 200mg/day, at least. Probably around 150mg between the mug of half-caff and a soda with dinner.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->