I've got my anti-witch spray!

leia -- I'm so sorry! I can't even imagine going through what you've been through. I remember with Maisie, I used to poke her to get her to move if I hadn't felt her in a while. She would seriously get pissed off at me. :haha: I knew she was a little fusspot before she was even born just because of her reactions to being poked. So funny!

I'm a sweet pea! :wohoo:

Linz- I havent had any morning sickness. A lot of nausea that has me turned off food but no actual vomitting. Do you think its safe to say I wont have any? Never got it with DS either..maybe its another boy :) I hope your tests come back with good results. Being over weight and pregnant I am so scared to get GD this time around....argh!

Haley- Thats fantastic that you get a u/s after stopping with the progesterone! Id be totally freaking out too so its nice you get reassurance. Cant wait for pics!

G- Love Benjamin! So classy :) Im glad your appointment went well

Julie- YAY FOR PEA!!!

Leia- My heart just absolutely breaks for you. I cant imagine, nor do I ever want to imagine the pain and grief you went and still go through. I know there is absolutely nothing that I can say to ease your pain or worry but please know I will be thinking of you and that your Ethan is watching you from above and taking care of that lil one in your belly as well.

I was so naive during my first pregnancy...I had no fear of miscarriage, or still births or anything else. Unfortunately over a year of ttc has opened my eyes to all the awful things that can happen during pregnancy and I am petrified. Ignorance sometimes really is bliss. My first pregnancy was filled with joy, excitement...this one has been really emotionally draining. I am constatantly afraid something is going to happen. I also had 2 college friends experience a still brith last year...one at 20+ weeks and one at 40 weeks (the day she went in to get induced..he was alive earlier that morning and somewhere between her waking up in the morning and arriving at the hospital he was gone...heart breaking). I want to believe I will relax after 12 weeks but I know I wont be able to relax until that baby is safely in my arms. I wish I could have the same experience I had with DS but its just not going to bappen

Um, Cris, I thought nausea is what is referred to as morning sickness. :haha:

https://dictionary.reference.com/browse/morning+sickness
:p

Do you really have to vomit to get the m/s badge? :haha:

Cris -- I kind of freak out about everything now. Maisie is almost 13 months and I still panic a little when she sleeps all the way through the night, thinking something has happened.

lmao- I feel bad saying I have morning sickness when all these women are puking their guts out. I have never in my life NOT had a urge to eat so it was kind of like wow....people arent kidding when they say they have no appetite haha. Yes Im a total fattie

is it ok to eat chicken salad? because i totally am today....is that a no no?

As long as it's not raw chicken salad, I think you're good! :haha: Or made with mayo that was made with raw egg yolks (mayo in a jar is fine). And I'm even a bigger fatty than you because being nauseous makes me want to eat! Because eating makes me less nauseous for some reason. It was like that with Maisie, too. But with her I could like only stomach potatoes and bread so I gained a ton of weight first tri. So far I'm already up 4 pounds with this one but that has to be bloat.

I've been craving fruits and veggies which I'm happy about but I'm so paranoid about all the e-coli and listeria and crap that has been in fresh fruits and veggies lately. :nope:

Oh, but last night I was craving a big fat bacon cheeseburger. :dohh: Managed to get by with eating a spinach chicken wrap! I think I'm going to have to make burgers tonight though. Better than a fast food one, I guess. Burgers and sweet potato fries. Yummmmmmmm *drroooolll* Suddenly my salad looks like crap. :haha:

I dont recall being very careful with what I ate with DS...again I very blissfully ignorant then..I think I ate turkey sandwiches from Quiznos from like 2nd tri on...and at least 60oz of soda a day...

Thank you all for your kind words. I agree with you Wishin, oh for the ignorance of my 1st pregnancy.

On a brighter note, i'm a honeydew melon :).

And the food talk. Yum to all of the above. OH is doing a nice salmon salad right now and DD1 cooked a great chocolate cake yesterday (with alittle assistance) so am going to enjoy that for after and maybe another slice before bed :)

YUMMMMO ON THE CHOCOLATE CAKE!!!! Must bake brownies now....

**Big hugs Leia** ...and what a coincidence the friend I spoke about in a previous post with the still born at 40 weeks..yea she JUST posted on FB that today is the 4 year anniversary! I swear it was more recent than that...but wow...the lil guy would be my son's age...super sad

Nats- where you be? u ok?

ps- I cant wait to be a watermelon...lol or a pumpkin...they remind me of big pregnant bellies the most

I can certainly wait to be a watermelon. :haha:
I'm so bloated I just caught a glimpse of myself in the window in the hall and I look just like I did at 5 MONTHS pregnant with dd. I'm totally not even exaggerating. Not even a little bit. It's awful! I'm seriously going to have to buy another belly band in like a week! My one from being pregnant with dd is trashed. I never bought maternity pants so I wore it like every single day for 6 months. :haha:

I never did get huge (though I felt like it) with dd so I wonder what's going to happen this time. Here I am at nearly 38 weeks! Sadly, that was the last bump picture I took, though I made it 3 more weeks past this point. :dohh:

Attachments

• 37+5 cropped.JPG
    37+5 cropped.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 2
Leia - Can't imagine what you're going through this week, but know that we are here with big open arms anytime you need us. xx Thank you for sharing your story though, I am glad you did.

Wishin - nausea is TOTALLY morning sickness. Just because you're not retching doesn't mean it's not miserable to suffer through. I agree that those that are barfing have it worse than us nausea sufferers, but I was still nearly bedridden it was so bad from weeks 6 - 10 and parts of 10-12. In fact, I think the majority of women with morning sickness have nausea with only a few vomiting episodes.

Giraffes - So if LO's face is buried in your pelvis, that means he's head down. Do you know when about that happened? I don't know for sure, but I think mine is still head up. I feel her kick the bottom of my uterus and then bang her head on the top of my uterus immediately after, so that's why I assume she's still head up.

AFM - Got the results of my 1 hour GTT this morning and it was 123, where a passing score is under 139. Woohoo! I passed! And then followed up by an email from my doctor saying I need to start the iron supplements (boo hoo). Also, it's time for my bi-weekly bump pic. I swear I grew more in this last 2 week period than any other!

Attachments

• 264810_10151086505801839_1028768340_n.jpg
    264810_10151086505801839_1028768340_n.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 3
PS - Cris, you should check this out for when you announce on FB. I wish they had this a few months ago when I announced. It would have been fun!

https://www.latimes.com/business/te...ebook-expecting-baby-20120814,0,1306101.story

Linz- then yup! I have pretty bad m/s! haha. Your bump def got a lot bigger these past two weeks! You still look tiny compared to it though SUPER CUTE!!! I wish I was a cute preggo and not just a fat preggo but whatever I am just happy to BE preggo.

Bryaden and I stayed at a hotel last night because the paint they used on the railings are toxic and the entire house was consumed with fumes. It was kind of nice to get away I pretneded it was a mini vacay.

Chekcing out fb now....

DH doesnt have a fb so when I tried to update a bunch of our"milestones" it wouldnt let me because I couldnt tag him in it....Grrr! I should make him a fb and not tell him about it

Linz, you are too cute!

I'm with Cris on being a fat preggo. I wanted to lose the baby weight from dd and start my pregnancy smaller this time but apparently didn't want it enough because I'm 40 pounds heavier this pregnancy. :dohh: I'm truly hoping I can manage to gain 10 pounds or less this time and only end up maybe 10 pounds heavier than last pregnancy at the end. But considering how much I've gained in just a couple of weeks, it's not looking good.

The part that kills me is that I'm making a huge effort to eat well and exercise every single day and I'm still gaining weight like crazy (I'm down half a pound from last Friday but up 4.5 pounds from the week before!). Why does my body hate me so much? :haha: I know how to lose weight. And I know I'm doing the right things right now to prevent a gain, and maybe even drop a couple pounds during first tri. I have no other way to explain it other than horrible, horrible bloat. I mean, even my jeans, which are usually huge on me, were hard to button this morning. I can hardly get my rings on, and they're usually loose. Every inch of me is bloated!

Believe me, I know about bloat! I couldn't zip up my pants by 8 or 9 weeks and was in maternity jeans by 12 weeks. I only gained 3 lbs in first tri though. However once the ms wore off I gained like crazy in second tri. It's finally slowing down now to about a lb per week but fro awhile it was 2 lbs per week. My total gain so far is about 27 lbs, which I believe is over what I should have gained by now. I'm not going to stress though because at this rate I'll be 40 lbs for the whole pregnancy, which is only 5 over what they recommend.

I gained 40 pounds overall but I only gained 8 in 3rd tri. :thumbup: I lost a few pounds in the last few weeks. Hard to eat much with a 7-8 pound baby dancing around right under your stomach. :haha:

I think my fondest memory of my first pregnancy was how Brayden had seriously already developed his attitude/personality in the womb. He was always very active (omg cant keep up with him!) and very very particular on how he liked things. He absolutely HATED when things pushed up against my belly and he would kick and kick until I removed whatever was making him mad. Hahah, hes just as demanding and picky today.

I would always put a waterbottle or soda can up against my belly and he would immedietly go crazy trying to kick it off me....so cute!

I gained like 50lbs...oopsie!...like I said I had no m/s so no problem eating hehe!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->