I've got my anti-witch spray!

Another question about umm... leaky boobies...

Last night they were hurting so bad again and the only way I've found to make them stop hurting is to express the few drops that are in there. I usually get between 1-3 drops out of each and that's it. Well last night they started hurting again and I tried to express those couple of drops but they never stopped coming... Like I must have expressed 30 drops or so from each side before I finally gave up! Then this morning I woke up and had obviously been leaking all night through my shirt. Should I just leave them alone at this point? Why is there so much right now?? I know they say that expressing milk can cause contractions and to be careful of that, but I haven't had even a braxton hicks contraction in weeks. Any advice?

Edit: I think I just remembered one of my dreams last night and I was definitely nursing a newborn! Ugh! Stupid body! It's just a dream, stop leaking!

I think I'll just leave them alone for now. I did some Google searches and some lactation nurses were saying that if you want to try to express or pump before baby is born then to go for it, but not until you are at least 37 -38 weeks just in case you do start contractions.

Annnnd no sooner did I say that I'd leave them alone when they started hurting again and my right one just soaked my bra... wow this is super annoying!

Linz -- My understanding is that a minute or two of hand expression a time or two each day should be just fine. Just no pumping or extended periods of stimulation!

But, if you do express, I guess you run the risk of increasing the amount you produce. Not sure how that works with colostrum. My advice is to get some washable cotton breast pads. So much more comfortable and affordable than the disposable ones.

Lilspy - that is good to know! Thank you! Now I won't feel so bad! I was wondering how 30 seconds of hand expressing could bring on early term labor. Glad to know it won't!

I just peeked over into 2nd tri since the 1st tri board is mainly depressing and found a thread on stupid comments or things people say to you while you are pregnant..totally hilarious...lol

omg im so bored at work today it needs to be over! 1 hr left....

I'm really jealous you only have an hour left! I have 3! No fair, we're in the same time zone and everything! :growlmad:

So... I haven't bothered to tell my dad I'm expecting again. I've even announced it on facebook. And my cousin (his niece) is my fb friend so I'm pretty sure it's going to get back to him (if it hasn't already. She looovvvveeesss to blab to her mom... my dad's sister).

Anyway, I feel like I don't have the energy to even give a sh** anymore. He's a crappy father. He's a crappy grandfather. Every time I talk to him, he makes me really mad or really sad. I just don't know what to do. I know it will hurt his feelings so much if I don't call him. But... he's hurt my feelings so many times I don't know that I really care. :nope: He came over to my mom's house on my birthday at the end of May and gave me some money and saw Maisie for the first time since she was 2 days old (seriously). The only reason he came was to see Maisie. He hasn't even bothered to call me on my birthday in years! I haven't seen or talked to him since. Before that, the last time I had talked to him on the phone, he told me he was proud of me.... that so far I've done a good job with my daughter because he honestly didn't think I was going to be a good mother (well, I mean, how could I not be a good mother after he set such a glowing example of how to be a grade-A parent -- that's sarcasm, by the way). Of course that comment just... well, honestly it made me never want to speak to him again as long as he lives. It still makes me so mad I'm tearing up just thinking about it. And before that, I hadn't spoken to him since last November. And, again, that's only because I invited him for Thanksgiving at my house (and he didn't bother to come). We've gone years without speaking in the past because he just doesn't make an effort at all and it's too emotionally draining for me to chase after someone who would rather not be bothered. This has gone on since my parents got divorced 15 years ago. I've explained to him severl times that if he wants to be involved in my life, he needs to make at least a small effort. He continues not to make any effort at all and I just kind of feel like I can't do it anymore. I wish I wasn't such an empathetic person. I know how me cutting him out will make him feel -- just terrible. But to be honest, he probably deserves to feel terrible. He's such a selfish POS.

Debbie Downer!

lilspy - I definitely think you are doing the right thing by limiting contact with him, but still giving him every opportunity to turn around and be a grandfather. That being said, at a certain point you have to let the chips fall where they may. Meaning that if he doesn't ever call or try to get in touch with you then you're not obligated to call and let him know the good news. I think that letting your aunt relay the info to him is great because then that way if he REALLY is interested it gives him something to call and talk to you about.

Aside from being a bad father, he may be a bad phone conversationalist on top of it all and feel like he may have nothing to talk to you about. This would be a great reason for him to give you a call with a topic already in mind. And if he finds out but doesn't call you then you know it wasn't worth wasting your breath to tell him.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy dad. :( Luckily Maisie and this next one won't have to go through what you did.

Linz - I'd be cautious about expressing it out, I think it might also be one of those things where the more you do, the more it happens if that makes sense. As for baby being head down, he's been that way since my 24 week scan, hubby says he's going to come out squashed having spent 6 months upside down!!

Big hugs to Haley xxx

Yeah giraffes I think you may be right. But now I'll just feel them hurt temporarily and then about 10 seconds later they start leaking on their own, so I'm now starting to think this is just what they're going to do from now on (until I'm done breastfeeding). Oh well! Time to get some of those disposable pads!

Haley - rest girl, rest!! I think she was discharged from the hospital yesterday, so she should be home now. Sending healing vibes your way!

i'm not on facebook and cant find any news here. what happened to Haley? Is she okay?

She had a fever that I think was related to the flu? But I think she became dehydrated and had to be admitted for fluids. :-[

Thank you Linz x

Haley - Hugs Hon, glad you are okay. Rest up and get better soon xx

Julie- there are several people that I am not going to bother telling. I also feel like if they didn't make an effort with my first kid why should I bother them about my second?

Haley went home and she seemed to ve doing well. She thinks it was all dehydration

Drink your water ladies!!!

Afm- my house renovations are done spent most of the weekend putting stuff away and cleaning....a lot of the baby stuff I kept was ruined by the dust so im livid! Plus all the lifting and bending over really hurt me. I had one single dot of red blood yesterday so trying to take it a bit easier today

Aw, Cris. I'm so sorry some of your stuff was ruined!

Wow, so glad Haley is alright!

Giraffes -- Hate to break it to your hubby, but he's probably going to come out all squished anyway. :haha: The womb isn't exactly roomy the last couple of months. :winkwink:

Way tmi, but I'm having the joy of waffling back and forth between constipation and diarrhea. :dohh: It's like I'm hoping so much to be able to poop for a few days and then I'm wishing to be able to stop pooping for the next day and then I get blocked up again. My hopes and wishes keep being granted. :haha:

Wishin - take it very easy today (i would take the day off). try to do nothing. Thats your bodies way of saying stop. Listen to it. xx

Leia- I def slowed down, my body was SCREAMING at me to stop. Things arent exactly as clean or put away where I want it but it will do for now. In a few months I am going to have to take most of it back out to get the baby clothes out anyways so no need to make it perfect. Once we have this one our storage spaces will be wide open since its mostly taken up by baby junk right now...lol.

Im a little sore this morning but nothing too bad. I havent been feeling pregnant as much so of course I am so worried! Im like please nausea hit me!!! Speaking of which...I havent put on any weight...that makes me happy :)

OH AND HAPPY 8 WEEKS TO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!! IM A RASPBERRY!!!!!!!

Next u/s scheduled for this Thursday at 3:15...thats 8:15pm UK time :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->