I've got my anti-witch spray!

Linz- yes that's the same! I love me some butt paste and I'm so thankful for the mom who told me about it! I did try desitin once because I got it at my shower and it's a
Big difference! No, I don't plan on having a shower for #2 but I may have a meet the baby party so he/she gets a celebration too.

Julie- we looove luvs! Worked really well on Ds until he moved to pull ups then we went to huggies pull ups. We use pampers swaddlers the first month or two. We have found that buying them at Bjs is the cheapest

Nats- it makes me happy to see you posting!

G- we will be thinking of you! What time is your appointment?

Ladies - I forget who it was that said they got a mattress topper when I started complaining about how sleeping at night was painful and sucked (lilspy was it you?). Anyway, I ordered one in the mail last week and it arrived today. I laid down on it and it was PURE HEAVEN!! Uh-mah-gawd. Sooooooooo comfortable! I didn't even need a pillow under my head! I expect to sleep like a rock tonight!! So excited for bed tonight!

Sorry all for not posting often - blinking computers!!!! Mine runs at snail pace and takes hours to do anything and we just treated ourselves to new Tablets but i feel like i'm 100 and having probs working things out.!!!!!

Nats - I agree with all the girls. Couldnt bare you to go anywhere. Really miss you when you are not posting. Wishing tues comes quickly for you. Thinking of you all the time xx

Giraffes - Good luck today, They seem to be monitoring you well and doing whats best for you and baby. My DS came at 36 weeks and he was fine and did not have to go in NICU or incubator and he was only 4lb13. He had to have 3 days of antibiotics because my waters broke over 24 hours before he was born and needed a tube from his nose to stomach for feeding as the act of feeding/suckling was using up more energy than the milk was supplying. We were allowed home after 5 days. Thinking of you and cant wait for updates. xx

Linz - Hope you had a great nights sleep. Hoping to get around to birth stories soon - as i'm sure you've found out, we mum's love to tell our birth stories :) xx

Littlespy - I am planning on doing cloth nappies too. I got a set for every stage up to potty from ebay for just 1 pound (cant find pound sign!!!!) Figured that to start they wouldnt be any good so have brought supply of disposables for ease. Might be calling on you for advice later about washing etc. As my mum said, if i dont use them they were a very cheap set of dish cloths!!! But really must give it a good go as need to save the money. xx

Hoping all you other girls are getting on fine. xx

AFM - Feeling huge and just waiting things out. OH went back to work on sunday. had abit of panic that night, worrying that if anything happened he wouldnt get here but all was well so have chilled out abit now. He is only 3 hours away so could get back quickly if necessary. We are joining him this weekend and will be with him until baby arrives so that should take the stress off. Have to get house ready to leave it for a few weeks though which means good tidy and fridge cleaning which i really dont want to do and am avoiding!!!but want to bring baby back into clean house or somewhere that i dont have to do anything for a few days. :)

Hi lovely ladies,

Thanks for all your kind words. Had a super hospital appointment. Consultant scanned me again and she could see urine in his bladder so he must have kidneys, which is such a relief. She's happy with his size, so if he does have to come out, she reckons he'll be just fine. She also tested to see if my waters had started leaking and they haven't. So the plan is for super close monitoring, I'm back in on Monday, and to take it slowly but try to aim for the planned date of 26th Sept. I don't need the steroids either as I'm only2 days away from 36 weeks.

Thanks for all the positive vibes, means so much.

Wow g that's great news I'm so so happy for you, have been thinking about you all morning! Thanks for letting us know xxxxxxx:happydance:

YAY G!!!!!!!!!! GREAT NEWS!!! I cant beleive you are almost at the finish line...seems like jsut yesterday Linz and I were trying to convince you to take a test! ;) I am so giddy about finally seeing some baby pics on this thread!

Leia- Thats great news you get to be with your DH soon! And OMG you are so close to the end too its so crazy! I feel like this journey with you has flown by!

Nats- how are you this morning? Your son (the older one) is such a cutie! He looks very handsome for his first day at school

Julie- I dont ever plan on cloth diapering I am just not patient enough for that! lol

Linz- you describing your bed made me totally jealous...hope you ad a wonderful night of sleep!

Giraffes - Great news!! So glad to hear the LO is doing fine. :D

Leia - I can't wait to hear your stories!

AFM - Soooo rested this morning! I slept like a log and went from tossing and turning 10+ times to only flipping over about 4 times all night! Only thing is, I spent most of the night on my left side, and every time I turned onto my right, the baby would start dragging her knee/elbow/whatever up and down the side I was laying on. It was startling and felt soooo awkward!! I couldn't stay on that side cause she just kept doing it over and over... lol!

LOL Wishin! I love those!!

So I just got word from my boss that they may want me to fly down to southern California for a day to demo some new software I've been a project manager on to all of our sales reps down there. Problem is, I'll be 33 weeks at that point. I don't want to say no because I've never been on a business trip before and I want to go. On the other hand, has anyone flown at 33ish weeks? I think the rule is not past 36, and this would only be about an hour and a half flight. We'd probably fly down in the morning and fly back in the afternoon. Any advice from the BTDT moms?

Thanks wishn, he did look very smart and so grown up, hate the fact that he's not little anymore :(

Linz I'm we jel about ur bed! We are desperate for a new mattress! I'm afraid I have no advice for the whole flying thing I have no idea! X

Thank you all, it's such a relief. There are still no guarantees that his kidneys are functioning normally, but they do exist so our absolute worse case scenario has been ruled out.

Wishin, love the pictures!

Nats - you must be so proud of your not so wee one!

Linz- no advice really on the flying front, is there any way you can decide nearer the time? I'm still surprised how much changes week by week with regards to my ability to do things or not.

LOL Wishin! I love those!!

So I just got word from my boss that they may want me to fly down to southern California for a day to demo some new software I've been a project manager on to all of our sales reps down there. Problem is, I'll be 33 weeks at that point. I don't want to say no because I've never been on a business trip before and I want to go. On the other hand, has anyone flown at 33ish weeks? I think the rule is not past 36, and this would only be about an hour and a half flight. We'd probably fly down in the morning and fly back in the afternoon. Any advice from the BTDT moms?

My OB says to let them know if you're traveling by plane any time after you're showing because apparently security can give you a really hard time about it. So, get a note from your midwife that it's okay for you to fly! :thumbup: I didn't fly anywhere while pregnant with Maisie but we took several 2-3 hour car trips when I was around 32-36 weeks. I know after 36 weeks my doc doesn't really want me to really go out of town at all, though and I'm more than happy to oblige because I won't be feeling like being in a car for more than an hour or so at that point anyway.

Linz -- yes, it was me about the mattress pad. You're welcome. Feel free to display your appreciation by purchasing a 3-4" queen sized memory foam topper and having it shipped to my address. :haha: Last pregnancy, we had about a queen sized 2 inch crappy memory foam topper topped by a full size1" less crappy memory foam topper that I usually leave on the guest bed. I'm pretty sure at some point I ended up doubling over the full sized topper on my side of the bed, too. :haha: I haven't put them on the bed again yet but I'm getting close already.

Cris - :rofl:

Giraffes -- Yay! I'm so glad you had a good appointment!

I've had to break down and order a belly band. :blush: I can't find the one from last pregnancy. I probably threw it away when I had better judgment since it was so ragged after being worn nearly every day for like 29 weeks. I've had to hair-tie rig the button on my fat work pants today. :haha: I've gained less weight so far with this pregnancy so I guess I'm just popping sooner. I didn't have to unbutton my pants until around 12-13 weeks with Maisie. :haha:

Linz -- yes, it was me about the mattress pad. You're welcome. Feel free to display your appreciation by purchasing a 3-4" queen sized memory foam topper and having it shipped to my address. :haha:

LOL!!!

And Lilspy - I was hair-tying my pants at 8-9 weeks, too and it's my first! I only gained 3 lbs in first tri, so I know it wasn't what I was eating. At 12 weeks I lifted my shirt to show my husband's cousin's wife that I couldn't even get the button closer than 3 inches away and she took pity on me and handed me 3 pairs of her old maternity jeans... lol!

Oh and I forgot the best part. When we got the topper on the mattress and DH and I laid down on it for the first time I was ooohing and ahhhing with how comfy it was. Then DH sits up and says, "Is this memory foam? Look how much deeper the imprint on your side is than mine! Haha!" I tried to smack him but I couldn't reach him cause I had sunk down so far! D'oh! Stupid skinny men!

LMAO at your DH's comment Linz!
Sorry cant help about flying..the only time I flew when I was pregnant was when I was 4 months...DH and I flew to Brazil to visit my family.

I agree with the others about asking your OB and seeing how you feel around that date. Ive read claims that the air pressure can send you into labor or something if you are almost at the end but I dont know how true that is.

OMG! So, that rant I went on about the woman who's child is losing weight because he is refusing the breast and she's refusing to supplement... Well, she did finally start supplementing. But apparently not enough and way too late. He's currently in the hospital because he has lost 30% of his body weight (and he's 7 months old so that's like 5 pounds) and the doctors think his body may be eating itself! And at least right now it appears this is all happening because his idealist mother "hates formula." I can't even believe... I can't believe she let it go so far. I feel so bad for this baby. :nope: Anyway, please keep him in your thoughts/prayers if you can.

I hate people like her....ugh....so blinded by their own opinions and views...poor kiddo

AFM- I feel non pregnant today....ugh when will the worry end

Cris -- I'm having a wonderful day of very little to no nausea so far. I was excited at first but now of course I've gotten myself concerned about it. :dohh::dohh::dohh: I think I remember starting to have a few no-nausea days with Maisie around 10 weeks so maybe it's happening a few days early this time.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->