I've got my anti-witch spray!

Also, it'll depend where your placenta is! I have an anterior placenta, which made it much trickier to hear early on using hubby's stethoscope. But I could hear my placenta nicely swooshing away :)

10 days to go... Last day of double figure days!

10 DAYS!!!! SOOOOO SOOOOON!!! :)

I think I found it this morning. I did it first thing when I woke up since my bladder was full and on my left side (yes, I was checking down low) the HB was at 155-163...thats too high to be anything but baby right?

I saw several utube videos telling me where to check how to do it and what it should sound like but it still didnt sound like the hb to me

Sounds like baby to me! Well done wishin :)

Quick q for you ladies that have done this before... Did your braxton hicks get stronger and stronger before you went into labour? Mine have gone from just one of those things that you feel, to actually pretty painful, and now make my back sore too, over the course of the week. They last much longer and wake me up in the night. Really don't want to go into labour before the ELCS date!

Good morning!

Giraffes- how are you doing? I am sorry I really cant help...I dont remember if my braxton hicks got worse or not :( I hope your little guy hangs in there!

Leia- How is your little man doing? I hope you get to take him home soon. I have been thinking of you

Nats- how are you doing my dear?

AFM- I have my genetics screen today so I get to see the baby. I am excited to see a fully formed baby on the screen this time. I hope everything is ok...

On good news- one of my friends from college (I think I have mentioned her before) had a loss at 20+ weeks. She just announced yesterday that she caught her rainbow. Shes due April 3rd. I am so happy for her

I think baby is hiding under my artery on the right because every time I hover over it, I hear a very fast heartbeat that doesn't quite sound like twice as fast as mine (sounds faster). But I can't tell if it's baby for sure or not just because it's so muddled so I don't count it. :haha:

Happy 12 weeks, Cris! Sounds like like you found baby! I think the key this early is to be about to pee your pants. I used to find Maisie and then have to immediately bolt for the bathroom. :haha:

giraffes -- Now, this goes with the disclaimer that everyone/every pregnancy/every labor is different.
I was in prodromal labor for over 2 weeks before Maisie was born. Even lost my mucous plug at 38 weeks before all that started. So yes, I was having some painful contractions that were worse than the BH contractions I had (they started being pretty constantly present for me around 28 weeks). Sometimes, I'd even time them and see a pattern for a while, every 5-6 minutes or so and I'd think we were about to ge started, and then they'd get sporadic again. :dohh: They definitely got worse and more regular and more painful at night when I had been more physically active throughout the day. Sometimes I had trouble sleeping through them, especially the night before my due date on.

But when I was actually in labor. There was no wondering if I was in labor or not :haha: I was induced, but I imagine regular contractions are just as intense. Can't talk, can't breathe intense. Dd wasn't born until about 7 hours after my contractions got super intense. So for me this time, I won't be worrying too much about making it to the hospital. The hospital is only about 5 minutes away from us, anyway. I understand you not wanting to go before you cs date, though. Although it's certainly possible for women to go "early" with their first (Cris!), my understanding is that the average 1st baby comes past their due date (I had to force mine out. :haha:).

I fully expect #2 to come early ....no way am I popping out a 10lber! Hopefully he/she will gracefully make an apperance on their own...I really dont want to induce, but will if I have to. My problem with inducing is that I feel like I chose the birthdate..haha I know thats stupid but I feel like it should be a surprise.

I know I was having BH for awhile before labor because I was walking around 3cm for over a month...so yah...they were working but they were not painful that I recall.

Julie- I couldnt sit there and try to keep finding the hb because I thought my bladder would explode if I pushed down on it any more. lol. I am def not rushing to the hospital this time either. I will probably take a nice long hot shower, eat something, clean my house then go! ha! I was in labor for 13 hours with only like maybe an hour of pushing so f that! I will wait awhile...

Cris - yes, I feel you on the birthday thing! That drove me nuts with Maisie but I was to a point where I just wanted her the eff out and didn't care anymore. :haha: My problem with induction is being in the hospital bed hooked up to an IV the whole time. :wacko:

I can only imagine my husband's panic when he figures out I'm in labor and refusing to go to the hospital. :haha:

I hated scheduling labor/birth. My husband loved the convenience of it. :haha:

Thanks all, I guess it's just my body gearing up for a process it deosn't need to do. Hopefully it'll just carry on gearing up rather than kickstarting the process! His head is really engaged, which is great as it means my heartburn has gone, but not great from the ouchiness of whatever he's headbutting! I'm definitely in the super tired phase, could happily sleep all day right now. 9 days to go...

9 days....single digits! Now I feel like 196 days is FOREVER away! LOL

Julie- I know there was not other option in your case and I would have done the same thing. When I scheduled m induction I had mixed feelings..I was excited to know he was finally coming and that I could be prepared but sad that it was planned and not a surprise like ooo what will his bday be. Lil man had plans of his own though.

For me being such a planner youd think that Id want to choose the date right?

ugh today is dragging...I purposefully left a bunch of work from friday to do today so Id stay busy and time would fly but I finished it all about 30 mins ago so I still have 2.5 hours before I can leave for my appt.!

The whole time difference thing is rubbish, I just checked in to see how it had gone Wishin and you haven't been yet!!! Good luck xx

Cris -- I don't remember. Are you planning to share your news (fb/mfp) after the u/s today? Haha I don't know why I'm so antsy about you sharing. :haha: So excited to see pics! Are you going to try to get a nub shot? I never had the nerve to ask with Maisie. :haha: But got a really crappy one incidentally at my 12+5 doc appointment (when the doc couldn't find the heartbeat on doppler... they have really crappy old u/s machines in each exam room for those cases) and immediately went from "knowing" she was a boy to thinking she was a girl.

My gender u/s is a month from tomorrow! Gonna be the longest month ever. At least I get another u/s at my appointment next Friday. Having a humongous cyst is fantastic! :rofl:

I feel like my bloat is easing up a bit. I've dropped a few pounds and I didn't have to wear my belly band this morning (though I'm regretting that decision right now after eating lunch. :dohh:).

Thanks G! I am driving to my appt now

Julie- I don't think I will be sharing yet. I have conviced my self that since this is my last I have to announce it some spectacular way but I have yet to think of one! Lol

The scan was great it took a good 30 minutes and she took millions of pictures. Baby was jumping all around, drinking the fluid, and having an all out party. It was so cute and amazing to watch.

Attachments

• 12 weeks.jpg
    12 weeks.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 3
Stupid spotting has started up again full force it seems. :nope: I thought it had stopped because I've hardly seen any since Friday. It's so impossible not to worry about it. I cleaned my house for a couple of hours yesterday. Apparently that was "overdoing it."

Wishin - fantastic scan pic. beautiful, congrats xx

Little Spy - i might have missed some posts. have they given you a reason for the spotting. I did alot of spotting/bleeding with DS1. They scanned and said there was just some free flowing blood. Didnt make it any less terrifying. I hope it eases for you, good reason to rest up xx

Giraffes - my BH definately got worse, although just tightening really but was staaarting to feel uncomfortable. If I over did it they were definately more frequent to the point where i thought i should start to monitor them but as Litlespy said, once real contractions kick in there is no mistaking them.

AFM - last few days have seen real improvements. Got first cuddle on saturday andd he has moved on leaaps and bounds since then. Even due to come home today, we got all ready, was told that he could come home and then they came back an hour later and said he hasnt put on any weight for couple of days so he had to stay. Was gutted. Nurses were really sweet and when doctors left said we will top him up with formula and feed every 2 hours to try and get weight up. Fingers crossed it will have improved by tomorrow, if not hopefully wednesday. Otherwise i think he is completely fine and ready to come home. Pics to follow soon hopefully. :)

Oh Julie :(

I know that Doctors say not to worry if it's spotting but I know just how impossible that is! Are u calling in for a scan? Is it a lot?

Please keep us posted

Leia- that's fantastic news! I'm sorry he couldn't come home today but sounds like he will be well taken care of! I am dying for pics! So happy for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->