I've got my anti-witch spray!

Nats - <3 <3 <3 Glad you are visiting us again!

Giraffes - Good news on the wee one! Sounds like everything is going to work out just fine! :)

Leia - OMG how adorable is he?! Sooooo freaking cute! Congrats on taking him home and love the name as well! How is the postpartum recovery going?

AFM - Nothing much new here, but I have my 32 week appt with the doctor on Monday. Last time I went they gave me hospital pre-registration papers that I have to turn in and then they told me at my next appt (the one on monday) they'd be doing a Strep B swab. Has anyone ever had this done? Is it uncomfortable? What were your results?

Nats - <3 <3 <3 Glad you are visiting us again!

Giraffes - Good news on the wee one! Sounds like everything is going to work out just fine! :)

Leia - OMG how adorable is he?! Sooooo freaking cute! Congrats on taking him home and love the name as well! How is the postpartum recovery going?

AFM - Nothing much new here, but I have my 32 week appt with the doctor on Monday. Last time I went they gave me hospital pre-registration papers that I have to turn in and then they told me at my next appt (the one on monday) they'd be doing a Strep B swab. Has anyone ever had this done? Is it uncomfortable? What were your results?

I had the Strep B test week before last, and no its not uncomfortable, at least it wasn't for me as I done the swab myself and got negative results last week. Prob. TMI but you just swab your whoha and butt with 2 different Q-tips and thats the test.

Leia- OMG!!! he is ADORABLE, so glad to hear that you 2 are doing well.:hugs:

AFM- I have been up all night having contractions, they did however ease up some what this morning for me to take a small nap.. I am trying to hold off on going to the hospital as I don't want to go and it just be Braxtons. I go to doctor @3 so they she will be able to tell me from the NST if they are braxtons or the start of the real deal, hoping for the real deal as they can be really painful at times. So wish me luck that she is gearing up for her big debut.

Linz -- I was Strep B positive with Maisie. You just get antibiotics through your IV during labor. No big deal at all. :thumbup: The swab itself isn't really uncomfortable. Prepare yourself for butt swabbing, though. :rofl: (oh, I see firsttimer already alerted you :haha:)

firstimer -- I was in prodromal labor from the evening of July 4 (38 weeks 3 days) - July 20 (40 weeks 5 days, when I was induced) and the reason I never went to the hospital during that time was that although my contractions would sometimes get pretty regular (every 5-7 minutes) and be pretty painful, they'd fizzle out or start to get irregular after a couple of hours. Let down after let down! Fx it's the real deal for you! Exciting!

Oh, but I had a friend who was in prodromal labor for about 3 weeks but when she finally went into labor, she didn't really notice much of a difference. She finally went to the hospital and baby was born like an hour later!

firstimer -- I was in prodromal labor from the evening of July 4 (38 weeks 3 days) - July 20 (40 weeks 5 days, when I was induced) and the reason I never went to the hospital during that time was that although my contractions would sometimes get pretty regular (every 5-7 minutes) and be pretty painful, they'd fizzle out or start to get irregular after a couple of hours. Let down after let down! Fx it's the real deal for you! Exciting!

Oh, but I had a friend who was in prodromal labor for about 3 weeks but when she finally went into labor, she didn't really notice much of a difference. She finally went to the hospital and baby was born like an hour later!

I have been reading that some women may or may not lose their mucus plug, and so far I haven't. TMI but Did you lose yours or did you even notice? I also have had (TMI) Diarrhea this morning along with being nausea..I'm a mess but the good thing is I only have 2 1/2 hrs till my appt.

I have been reading that some women may or may not lose their mucus plug, and so far I haven't. TMI but Did you lose yours or did you even notice? I also have had (TMI) Diarrhea this morning along with being nausea..I'm a mess but the good thing is I only have 2 1/2 hrs till my appt.

I did lose the mucus plug at 38 weeks (and I was 3cm dilated then, so that's probably why it came out). Most of it, anyway. But many women don't even lose it during active labor. A friend's baby swallowed it on her way out. :wacko: I started "clearing out" at 36 weeks. :haha: I remember because it started the morning of my all-day labor & delivery class at the hospital. :dohh: I had a fun bathroom time every few days from there on out. Those are definite signs for some women but they weren't for me. Doesn't mean they're not signs for you! Probably are! :thumbup: I don't recall being nauseous. I wasn't nauseous at all during the real thing, either, but that's very common as well from what I understand.

Very exciting though! You may not feel like it, but try to get a good meal in before you go to the doctor. They seriously don't let you eat (I think because of the tiny possibility of an unexpected surgery). I pretty much had to beg for ice chips (they did let me have those).

G- Lil Henry (God I hope thats the right name!) will be here so soon! Enjoy your last weekend as a childless couple!!!! So excited for more baby pics!

Linz- I dont even remember the strep B test so it cant have been bad. Sorry DH is sick! Hopefully you dont get it!

First- OMG!! Your body is preparing for labor! What you are going through is exactly how my body started getting ready and had LO within 24 hours. I did lose my mucus plug after one of my bouts of diarreah...of course everyone is different and this could be nothing haha

And yea I second what Julie said- Take a nice long shower and get a good meal in tonight...this could be it for you

damn it I keep forgetting to post what I came on here for.

Here is a thread from Babycenter for first time Moms...its terrifying but informative

https://community.babycenter.com/po..._no_one_told_me...?cpg=14&csi=2396067042&pd=1

I just realized I'm supremely jealous of anyone who goes into labor after full-term but before their due date. :rofl: NOT FAIR! :haha: How do you do that?!

damn it I keep forgetting to post what I came on here for.

Here is a thread from Babycenter for first time Moms...its terrifying but informative

https://community.babycenter.com/po..._no_one_told_me...?cpg=14&csi=2396067042&pd=1

Everyone tells you that you'll poop on the delivery table but I didn't. And I know for sure because I have a brutally honest husband who told me alllllll about what else came out of me but promises I didn't poop. :haha: But I only pushed like 4 times total, so that's probably why. Seriously, it honestly takes me longer to crap than it did to squeeze out a nearly 8 pound baby. WTF?! :haha:

Those kind of threads are good, though. I didn't know about how long the PP bleeding would last until I read it on one of those types of threads on BNB when I was like 35 weeks pregnant. Thank goodness I read it though! And stocked up on a bunch of ultrathin pads (the "maternity pads" the hospital gives you are huge and thick and very uncomfortable. Regular period pads will work. I had to double up to cover more length for the first week or so, though. After that, one overnight one worked fine for me.). And I kid you not, I bled for 5 weeks and then got AF the 6th week (despite breastfeeding/pumping!). Seriously body? The POP birth control pill made me NUTS but it sure was nice not having AF again the 4 months I took it.

Haha Julie- I am so sure I will deliver early again that Ill prob be stuck waiting past 40 weeks like you!

As for that thread- There was a lot I didnt know..girls have a period when they are newborns? whaaa? Apparently not all but that owuld freak me out! I wasnt prepared for post-partum either...I am def stocking up on preparation h, huge pads, new granny panties 2 sizes too big, and lots of Advil

Oh and I didnt poop either...Im pretty sure thats because I pooped that morning before going to the hospital and there was nothing left....cause I pushed for awhile

DH would have told me if I did and I even asked him after reading the thread if I did and he gave me a weirded out look like "eww why would you hav epooped while delivering" haha

Maisie didn't bleed. She had swollen bits, though. Glad I read about baby boy erections (there's a sentence I never thought I'd write), in case Deucey's a boy. :wacko: Bahaha! I knew boys got them as young children, thanks to a friend's little brother who told me (when he was 5 and I was in high school) that he "liked it when it was big in the morning." :dohh: Just would've caught me really off guard with a tiny baby!

OMG Julie I was totally freaked out Brayden has one every morning and seriously it still a WTF moment for me....the worst part about it is that you kind of have to push it down a bit so that the pee stays in the diaper but then I feel like Im going to break his penis off haha

OMG No one prepared me for that one

Oh and the projectile poop (here we go again Linz..talking about poop) I will never understand how a tiny little thing can fling shit out their ass with that much distance...still baffles me

Oh my.
Please be a girl, Deucey! :haha:

I'm just waiting for the day Maisie starts humping stuff. :wacko: :haha:
She does love to play "horsey" on my knee an awful lot...

And thank goodness we haven't had half of the poop problems people warned me about :)winkwink: Linz). Maisie has never even pooped in the bathtub (now watch, she'll do it tonight). Only once did she start to poop with her diaper off but I was able to throw a new diaper on top of her really quickly to contain it. :haha: We've had a few pee fountains, but poop geysers have been avoided. Whew!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->