I've got my anti-witch spray!

Oh and this is a funny- I am not wearing a bra! My bra hs been hurting me soooo bad because of the wire and I havent had time to get one without a wire. Anyways, since I am the only one in the office I locked the doors and took my bra off....relief!

Haha, Cris. I think we've had the bra conversation before. I'm quite jealous you're not wearing one. :haha: Sometimes I don't even make it home from work before mine comes off. :blush:

I've found that the only bras that don't hurt me now are nursing bras. I bought some cheap bras when I started going up in cup sizes and removing the underwire, which helped, but the only tried and true way for me to be comfortable is when I bought some walmart nursing bras and they are heaven!!

Yea, pretty much the wire is whats hurting me but this bra is the only one that still fits (cup wise) and i paid way too much money to take the wires out...

i need to go invest in some good ole walmart ones then

Haha, Linz, I still wear my walmart nursing bras despite the fact I stopped pumping 8 months ago. :haha: I think I got mine on sale and paid $10 for 2 of them!

Cris -- this may put your mind at ease about your weight loss - I asked the OB I saw today about controlling weight gain and she told me it's okay for me to TRY to lose weight during this pregnancy (since I'm obese. Joy). Actually, not just okay, she encouraged it. Then she gave me 2 articles from medical journals supporting it. :thumbup: I'll scan them to you if you want them.

I told her my plan is to eat 1800 cals/day and exercise 5x week and she was totally on board with that. I'll probably lose a pound a week if I actually stick to that! She of course warned not to drastically cut calories or anything but that 1800/day should be plenty.

I didn't get any u/s pics today, but after seeing baby's nub during the scan, I'm thinking girl! Plus, heartbeat at 12+1 same as Maisie's was at 12+2 (and same as it was 3 weeks ago) - 173bpm.

Everything in me feels boy but I'm really leaning toward girl now. I'll be out of my misery in less than 3 weeks.

My sister finds out on Monday...Im so jealous

I am not too worried about my weight loss for several reasons. 1) at my appt on Monday when she weighed me she said "oh u lost! good!" then kept going...so assume shes not worried haha 2) I am not nauseaus anymore and am eating normally again and have already gained 3lbs back so yah....

I would rather come out of this pregnancy weighing the same or less so I think that I will do 1800 calories and daily walking as my plan....back to MFP tracking I go. And hopefully if I keep up with that then I will hopefully transition to diet mode more quickly once the pregnancy is done.

Lilspy - that's so exciting! Do you have a preference either way for girl or boy?

As for the weight plan I wish you both well! In first tri it was really easy for me. I only gained 3 lbs! When second tri started I was cranky and couldn't touch a vegetable or fruit. And normally I love my fruit and veg!! I was all carb all the time and craving red meat at every turn. I tried to follow an 1800 calorie diet for a few weeks when I was gaining 2 lbs a week but the sugar cravings were unbelievable.I wish I would have had more control but it just seemed impossible at the time. Now I cant eat as often or much because of the awful heartburn, so my gains have been slowing.

My sister finds out on Monday...Im so jealous

I am not too worried about my weight loss for several reasons. 1) at my appt on Monday when she weighed me she said "oh u lost! good!" then kept going...so assume shes not worried haha 2) I am not nauseaus anymore and am eating normally again and have already gained 3lbs back so yah....

I would rather come out of this pregnancy weighing the same or less so I think that I will do 1800 calories and daily walking as my plan....back to MFP tracking I go. And hopefully if I keep up with that then I will hopefully transition to diet mode more quickly once the pregnancy is done.

So... do you want to make it a competition? :devil: I mean, obviously not a "who can lose the most" kind of thing because that wouldn't be good, but, a "who can actually stick to the plan" thing?

I'll already admit after talking to the doc about it I went straight to Chick-fil-a to get a chicken biscuit for breakfast (no homosexuals were harmed during the making of my biscuit). And then when I got to work, there were doughnuts. I haven't eaten one yet, but I have one sitting on my desk. :dohh: I hate it when people do this, but I may have one last fatty weekend and start the plan on Monday. :haha:

Deal! Monday it is... Since hubby went to the store and bought yummy taco stuff I'll
Enjoy this weekend

So my plan is 1800 cals a day and walking at least a mile but shoot for more

Linz, I don't have a preference. Every time I think I do, I get sad about not having the other version. :haha: I'd love to have a girl and a boy and I'd love two girls. I hope to sneak a 3rd child in several years from now. Maybe start trying when this one turns 5 or so. If I have 2 girls I may prefer a boy for the third but even then I don't know.

My weight gain with Maisie was crazy during 2nd tri, too. It was also crazy during 1st tri. According to my doc's scale, I've lost a pound during 1st tri but my scale at home says I've gained 2 (because I'm taking my weight from pre-pregnancy and my doc is taking my weight from 7 weeks pregnant). By this time with Maisie, I had gained 13. By the end of 2nd tri, I had gained 32. I gained 40 overall. I lost a couple pounds the last few weeks. I'm already craving red meat like crazy but not too bad with sweets and carbs at this time. When I have a crazy sweets craving, chocolate milk seems to be satisfying it really well, so that's not very bad.

I'd really like to be in the range of losing 20 pounds to not gaining any weight. Losing any more than 20 seems kind of excessive considering I'm going to put on 15 pounds of extra blood and baby and placenta weight. So I'm kind of hoping I lose about 30 pounds of fat which puts me losing 10-15 pounds overall between now and d-day.

I was down 15 pounds 2 weeks after having Maisie. I'd love to lose 20 pounds during this pregnancy and then be 10 pounds from my pre-preg weight before Maisie 2 weeks after delivery!!

I am going by my weight prepregnancy too and Doc is going by 10 weeks or so...

Hmm I dont really want to set a specific amount goal because Ill be dissapointed if I dont get it...so Im just going to aim to not gain...that'd be nice, and hopefully realistic

Sorry to write and run, but I promised Linz I would post!! We are having a little GIRL!!!! Her name will be Cora Elise. If y'all want to see the video of us finding out its on my Facebook. I'll come back and catch up with everyone soon! Life has been REALLY crazy these last few weeks!!

Much love!

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyy!!! Congrats, Haley!! Also, I love the name! You guys are super on top of it to have it picked out already! I feel like it took forever for DH and I to agree on something we were both happy with.

Hi everyone!!

Just a quick post to say I haven't forgotten you all and will try to post properly really soon!

For now, we are totally in love with B and already can't imagine life without him. He's perfect and wonderful (even at 3am!)

Hope you're all well and I'll be back soon xxxx

Well I dont have much time right now either but just wanted to post that my sister found out today that she will be having a boy!!!! I was feeling girl for her all along then last night I had a dream that it was a boy...and yup h sure is!!!!

Cant wait to start shopping for my nephew!!

Gotta go find and order her baby shower invites! bbl

Yay, a boy! I don't remember - is this her first?

Don't forget - 1800 calories! :winkwink: I forget how much food that is when I'm not eating a bunch of stupid stuff. I've got all kinds of crap logged on MFP for today and I'm still under 1500. :dohh:

Oh ladies why o why do i do this to myself? i absolutely know 99.9999999% that i am not pregnant, so why every time that i go to the toilet do i think to myself 'it wasnt long ago that i last went to the toilet, maybe i'm pregnant'
or because i had a weird dream last night 'maybe i'm pregnant'
my boobs are really sore 'maybe i'm pregnant'
its insane i so know im not, my boobs are always really sore after ovulation and before af, the only time they weren't sore was when i got my bfp!
And i always wee more after ovulation, strange i know but true so why am i building myself up for disappointment? its at least another week and a half or two weeks before my af is due and even then i dont know if it will come then because of erpc, goodness knows how i will get thru the next two weeks like this, i'm obsessed already!
How do i distract myself? hate ttc it is quite possibly the most horrible phase of my life!!!!:cry:

sorry guys selfish post over!

Haley congrats on your pink news, sorry purple lol xx

wishn, little how you guys doing? congrats wishn on your sisters blue news xx

Giraffes so pleased all is well with you and your little fella xx

Linz love the pic of sinl cat not in the sink lol hope your well xx

First how you going? still enjoying your little princess? xx

Julie- Yup I know 1800 calories...ugh..I was so perplexed by what to eat that I didnt eat at all yet lol I havent figured out what I want! Yes, this is my sister's first

Nats- I think that once you reach a certain point its almost impossible NOT to obsess about the TWW and TTC. I found that I was able to relax a little bit by getting into a book..that way I spent most of my day reading instead of obsessing on BNB...dont get me wrong I was still thinking about it just not nearly as much. I hope that helps!

Nats -- :hugs: I just give in to the madness when ttc. Not the most healthy approach. If I were you, I'd buy about 50 ICs and pee away. Even when I know there's no possible way it would show up positive. :haha:

Cris -- wonder if it would help us to share menus? Are you planning to log on MFP? Can I stalk your food diary? This morning I had Honey Bunches of Oats (Vanilla) with 6oz skim milk and I just had a serving of leftover slowcooker chili for lunch. I have greek yogurt and a sucker if I get peckish this afternoon. 12oz chocolate milk after work while cooking dinner, which will be chicken and dumplings. Then a chocolate dipped ice cream cone with a serving of Oreo ice cream. Definitely lacking in the fruits/veggies department but I'll get there.

Yeesh. After reading all that, it's so ridiculous to me that I'm as fat as I am. How could I be eating so much more than that every day? :dohh: I could add like 3 pieces of fruit and some veggies and still be under 1800 calories for the day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->