I've got my anti-witch spray!

YAY LINZ!!!! Thats such a relief!!!

How are you feeling? I cant beleive you get to meet Quinn soooo soooooon! <3

I tried looking at beddings on BRU but it gave me a head ache hhaahah...I tihnk I will just wait until after monday. After a quick peek though I def prefer the boy rooms to girls room...its like everything is pink and flowers and ...just WTF! Yuck

Right now, I feel great! Of course it's 8:30 am, by the early afternoon I'll be run down and by the evening I'll be sore and full of heartburn. LOL.

I get what you mean about the room decorations. We decided to not even do a bedding set. A friend's boss gave us her bedding set and we can't even use half of it (bumpers and quilts = baby death) so basically we just ended up using the skirt and the sheet and that's it. I'm glad we chose a more gender neutral theme though (baby dragon) and just made the dragon purple. You wouldn't believe the fun dragon things we got at our shower! A wooden dragon mobile, a dragon plushie, and a purple "That's not my dragon!" book. Of course we'll never have bedding that matches, but I'm not too concerned with that. If it's a girl you can always do something like dragonflies. Gender neutral you could go frogs, puppies, rabbits, or forest.

I'm deathly afraid of frogs lol....

I remember when i found out I was having a boy being totally preoccupied with the fact that he would be playing with yucky animals like frogs, lizards, snakes etc

Thankfully so far he seems as afraid of them as I am

first she's gorgeous!!!!!!!

Yay on test results linz although i haven't a clue what GSB is?

afm I'm still full of cold, lost my voice and feel really poorly! no fair :cry: x

Awww, Nats I hope you feel better soon! I've got a cold as well that's been hanging on for 6 days now! Tis the season, I suppose. And the GSB is the Group B Strep test where they take a swab of your... ahem... lady parts and the other one down there and then test it for Group B Strep. 10-30% of healthy women have this bacteria in their digestive tract at any given time and if a baby is born vaginally, there is something like a 2-5% chance they will develop complications from it. So in order to counteract that, they test you for it at 36 weeks, and if it's positive, then when you come to the hospital to deliver, they start you on an antibiotic IV before the baby is born so they don't contract it.

So basically the only difference between a positive or negative result is whether or not you will be given IV antibiotics during labor.

Oh ok i actually know all about GSB after all, because i have it lol! they dont rountinely test u for it in england though, i had to have iv antibiotics with Henry, which just added to his horrendous birth!!! xxx

If they don't routinely test for it in England, then how did they find out you had it with Henry?

Because i had thrush for about 7 months of my pregnancy!! really not nice, but because it wouldn't go away they kept taking swabs to make sure it was nothing else, (it wasn't anything else) but they did eventually tell me that i had group b strep, but only by chance!!
So unfortunately when my waters broke i had to go straight to hospital even though i wasn't even having contractions (well none worth talking about anyway) then i hung around for a few hours whilst they hooked me up to a iv then they gave me antibiotics and some stuff that hurried my contractions along, like really hurried them along! i went from virtually nothing to every minute and a half in extreme pain!!! and it only got worse from there, but maybe i'll save that till after u have given birth lol xx

Linz -- don't throw out the bumper to the bedding set. :winkwink: All I'm saying is that when LO starts rocking and crawling, they really come in handy. We ended up using Maisie's starting around 4-5 months. Every time I tried going without it she'd get her leg stuck between the crib bars which for her was much more dangerous than the bumper being in there (she'd freak and start flailing and I was super scared she was going to break her leg).

It's still in there now and she only just started trying to use it to climb out (which is another concern people have) but it collapses too much and doesn't give her any extra height so that's not really a concern for us, either. We'll probably start letting her use the quilt that came with the set this winter. I have it in the pile to wash with her next load of clothes (I've never even washed it before, it has just been sitting in the closet).

Cris, girl bedding doesn't have to be gross. This is what Maisie has - https://www.amazon.com/Green-Elepha...id=1351182496&sr=8-10&keywords=carters+elepha No diaper stacker though. I kind of feel like going a little girly this time for some reason. :dohh: Not pink flowers, though.

Not really sure what we're going to do this time. Either get Maisie new bedding for her toddler bed (hoping she can be in that by the time the new baby comes but not so sure) or get the new LO new bedding. Not sure I'm going the expensive bedding set route again though. :shrug: Very undecided about stuff this time which is crazy because I'm pretty sure I already had everything decided and purchased by like 20 weeks last time. :haha:

Had my 16 week appt today. I'm still down a pound according to their scale, woot! OB couldn't find heartbeat so I got another quick u/s. All is well. Pointless appointment! Maisie has her 15 month appointment this afternoon. I'm curious about her growth this time.

I was GSB+ and had IV antibiotics and it was no problem for me. :winkwink: Where I deliver, they put you on an IV anyway so it realy doesn't matter if there are antibiotics added to the mix or not because it's the same situation either way - hooked to a pole. I was also induced so that of course means automatic hook-up to IV as well.

Nats - sounds like they gave you pictocin! I heard that really makes the contractions a lot worse than they are if you are not given the induction meds! I would like to hear Henry's birth story, though, good or bad! I'm open to all things and I'd rather know more than less even if it's not ideal.

Lilspy- Nice work on the 16 week appointment! And yeah I'm not throwing anything out at this point, but bedding sets just seems so pointlessly expensive. A crib sheet is $10, where a bedding set is $70+, and in the beginning you can basically only use the crib sheet anyway. On top of that, my mom is knitting 2 blankets and my ex boss is making a baby quilt. I'd much rather use those than anything I could find in a store. I mean, I see how they are cute and useful, but why do they have to be so damn expensive?

On FB if you go through my albums there is one titled 'Braydens nursery' or something like that...I really went alllll out for his room. I did take the bumper out until he was able to roll over and lift his head etc..he started using his blanket shortly after. But now Im stuck with this entire room 'set' i have everything from nightlights, to rug, to bed set and lamp shades. Since it was so expensive I kinda want $ for it but ill prob just end up donating it.

I was given ptocin and didnt feel that bad...a lot of people have a poor reaction to it though. My contraction only got unbearable when they broke my water..then it was time for my epi...hehe

since I was bored I went into full nesting mode at the office. All my drawers are now cleaned out and papers properly filed away LOL

That reminds me... I should probably clean out my drawers to my desk at work before I go on leave. Other wise someone might find my 800 ketchup packets, wallet receipts, 13 different types of napkins, 15 pairs of chopsticks, and expired oatmeal and think to themselves: Wtf? What a slob!

Hi everyone, sorry I've been MIA.

We're all full of a cold (including B :cry:) so Nats you have our sympathy! He is now a whopping 11lb, and definitely growing out of clothes on a daily basis! He's much more alert though, loves his bouncy chair and sits playing in it for most of the morning :)

Linz - you're sooooooo close!

LOL OK....I will not lie...the one drawer I did not clean out is my "take out" drawer....its overflowing with napkins, menus, ketchup/mayo packets, plastic utensils...lol it just seemed overwhelming. It might be an entire day project

When do you go on leave? My sister tjust asked me yesterday what she should put in as her last day. I was due 11/23 and as of Nov 1st I was on leave but I went into labor shortly after...

So sorry to hear about all you sickos....truthfully though its much easier for me to be sick than for DH or DS to be sick...such babies! ugh

Giraffes! Good to hear from you! I'm enjoying your baby pics on facebook!! Sorry you're all under the weather, though. :(

Wishin - my last full day at work is 11/16, so... 5 days before my due date! I hope I can last that long! My mom worked until she went into labor with both my brother and I (we were both born on weekends). On top of that my brother was 3 weeks late so she was still working at 42+ weeks!! I figure I sit my butt in an office chair all day, so it's not much difference than being at home. I think my boss is getting nervous as my belly gets bigger, though... lol.

I was so freaked out about my water breaking...I swear i refused to go anywhere haha

even the entire ride to the hospital when I DID go into labor, i was like omg my water is goingto break all over the car....

yea...it never did...I had to have the Dr break it

but anyways the point of this post is..thats why i took off so early. plus i knew i was about to go any minute, bh got stronger, 3cm, measuring waay ahead...i figured chances were good that i was going early

I think I once joked with my boss that if my water broke at work I was going to make him drive me to the hospital (it's only 10 minutes away) and he said he hoped that it did because that would be exciting. (facepalm)

I'm not too too worried about the whole water breaking thing, though since I usually wear pants instead of skirts (so it's not going to go all over the ground) and from what I hear, if you are standing, the baby's head will usually plug the hole after a little leak, so it's not like you are dumping a bucket of water on the ground all at once. I will be keeping some towels in my car just in case, though!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->