I've got my anti-witch spray!

It really is crazy to me how much stuff is closing! Seems like a big overreaction but I guess it's better safe than sorry. A category 1 hurricane wouldn't be a huge deal around here because it happens pretty often and we're more prepared to deal with it, I guess. People I know who live at least 100 miles from the coast in VA and PA have today off work! :wacko: I guess it's like how you guys laugh at us when our entire state shuts down for half a week because we got 6 inches of snow. :haha: It takes a long time for one snow plow to make the rounds (that's a joke, I'm sure the state of SC has at least 2 plows :p).

Yup the entire state is basically shut down...and my appt was cancelled. I woke up at 830am and had two messages waiting from my Dr's office.

People are totally freaking out. I am working from home today but mainly because my son's daycare closed and i didnt want to drive around this crap with him in the car.

im bummed but not as much as i thought. i think i was prepared to hear the news this mornign that it was cancelled

Wishn - I think I'm more bummed than you. I guess they'll reschedule it for later this week once they know when they're opening again (as though it won't be tomorrow?)?

Nats - I must've missed the blue baby pictures the first time. He is quite blue! Maisie's arms & legs were like that when she was born but the rest of her was as pink as could be which I think may have looked even weirder because she was so drastically two-toned! And then she had jaundice, too, so she was quite yellowy orange for like a week after. :haha:

Ugh, 2nd tri boards are getting on my nerves. People can't really be this stupid, right? "How much are we supposed to be eating? I don't think I'm eating enough." "Well, depends on your height/weight/activity level but I think the general rule for a healthy weight person in 2nd tri is 100-200 more than pre-pregnancy." "Well I'm only eating like 800 calories a day and I'm losing weight." :dohh:

Seriously? No shit, you're losing weight eating 800 calories a day. And you're only eating that many because you feel sick? Okay. So what are you going to do about it now? Did you seriously think 800 calories a day was even close to enough? And if you're only eating that little because you're sick, then it's not like you're going to be able to eat more just because you know you're not eating enough. And if you can eat more now just because you know that, then why weren't you eating more in the first place? AAArrrrrrrggghhh!! I just don't get it.

The storm is supposed to hit us (hit land) tonight so right now it's just strong winds and rain but schools and government jobs are already canceled for tomorrow also...

I might have to wait another week or two :(

So far not very impressed by this storm...

Happy to be safe but still super bummed about my apt

Glad it's not that bad! Hope you're still alright! Maybe your doc will be able to get you in later this week.

Well we had no damage and our power went out for maybe 5 minutes all together so we are thankful we dont have a big mess to deal with.

I am at work today and the drive in was surprisingly easy considering the big fuss they mae over this storm. We had a thunder storm this past summer that caused a lot more damage....ugh this was soooo over hyped...I hate when the news does this.

Sorry I haven't commented earlier! I actually was mid comment yesterday when my boss walked in, so I closed my browser. Anyway, Wishin... hopefully they will reschedule on a first canceled, first rescheduled basis! I can't imagine waiting so long only to have them ask you to wait a little longer!

AFM - I am full term tomorrow!! And feeling it, too... :( When seated or laying down I feel fine, but standing causes immense pressure right around my belly button to the point where it feels like my uterus is about to split in half! It's better in the morning, but in the evening is when it really gets me. After I cook dinner I basically can't even walk down the hallway without being in immense pain. Is this normal for the last few weeks? Oh and I finally got some stretch marks on the underside of my belly. They are only about 1-2 inches long at this point and not very dark. Hopefully they don't get much worse! I also have a couple on each hip, but they're only about half an inch long each.

I'm sooooo ready for her to be out now... and on top of that, a long time ago my friends and I decided to do an early Thanksgiving at my house (this Saturday) since I'll probably miss the real one (it's the day after my due date) so I'm busy cleaning and cooking all week when all I want to do is lay in bed and pass out!

Linz -- I do remember being quite uncomfortable and often in pain for the last month or so I was pregnant (keeping in mind I was almost a week overdue). :nope: Hope it gets better for you!

wishn -- I was thinking the weather channel must've just needed a boost in ratings. I guess the main concern was that it was hitting such a highly populated area? I don't know. I felt like there was a huge overreaction to the storm but then figured there must be some aspect of it I wasn't considering. Very glad it wasn't too bad!

POOP! Way tmi, but this kid is making me poop. I was so backed up with Maisie and this time it's become almost an opposite problem. I'm usually a poop-every-4ish-days kind of girl. May be weird, but that's how I roll. I've had to go every day for the last 4 days, sometimes more than once. I'm currently miserable from being at work and having to go (I will. not. go in the bathroom at work unless it's like a total emergency)! What's going on? Relaxin, where are you? :haha:

I think New York really got the brunt of it. My friend who lives in Brooklyn got evacuated and her apartment building is under 7 ft of water at the ground floor. Also, she was saying the tunnels were full of seawater. Half the city lost power, too, when a transformer exploded. I think they are hyping it everywhere, but it's really only bad in NYC from what my friends on facebook are reporting.

I have a couple of friends in NYC and one of them was posting on facebook at like 3am so I'm not sure he lost power (though he was posting about transformers exploding :haha:). I'm not sure which part he's in though, so that probably makes a big difference.

Plus I know my friend who lost power was posting from her cell phone, so that may be it, too.

His wasn't a mobile post, but he was very possibly just about to lose power as he was posting. Also, I guess I figure if cell phones are still working (and cell phone towers are still transmitting and receiving), it's really not all that bad. :haha:(of course, bad for the people who live there, just not as bad as it could have been which is a really, really good thing!)

So is the storm considered over now? It's hard to imagine how bad it is over there as it was a sunny 81 degrees here yesterday. ;)

Well from my understanding between the news, fb, and work related issues the brunt of the problems are def in NYC/NJ area. My sister is in Philly and she said even there it wasnt as bad as predicted (they were supposed to get him right on).

So yes def a big hype all over the place - NYC/NJ were the most effected.

We do have a lot of flooding and power outages but not nearly as bad as the storms we had over the summer. Also, I think people were better prepared and the city had mobalized better to clean up the aftermath so maybe thats why we are not "feeling" the impact as much?

My Doctors office was closed again today (did I already say that) so I wont know until tomorrow which is driving me nuts. Ill take the first available no matter what date and time!

Linz- I was def uncomfortable towards the end but it was more laying down and sitting that bothered me. I was constantly walking around and changing positions. It wont be much longer now!

Wishin - If I were you, I'd be calling them the second they open tomorrow to reschedule! None of this waiting for them to call you!! But then again, I'm pushy... but I think you can be, too! ;)

Lol oh hell no.... I'm not waiting for them to call me! They open at 830 tomorrow and ill he on the phone calling them! I even tried calling them a few times today even though they
We're closed lol

https://babyandbump.momtastic.com/t...w-chart-new-start-nov-dec-testers-anyone.html Hi Grls

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->